Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh you mean the 200x one?...

back.jpg

:horror

Exactly...

OK guys to but this behind... just to clarify, of course I'm a bit bummed about the 200x heads, but my MAIN WORRY is Mattel's suits starting to mess with the line... that's it!!
Sorry teemu if I got carried away...
all is good in the Motu-verse!! :peace:peace:peace

Its cool...I just think we are both passionate about the line and the characters involved..........

:duff

Karma, for all that 200x talk and making me read endless posts! :hi5: :goodpost:

Jesus, you think... oh man.. i feel terrible for you then... with all the endless nonsense posts with nothing to do with the threads.... all your boxes must be empty from the Karmic backlash.....

THAT'S WHY YOU NEVER POST ANY PICTURES OF LOOSE FIGURES ISN'T IT!?
:lol

seriously though, it's a little irksome to see how awful this one was.

Its cool...I just think we are both passionate about the line and the characters involved..........

:duff

I R teh glad you guys no fight no moar either.

Same here bro! I just want more figures!!!!

Indeed! :yess:

Exactly...

OK guys to but this behind... just to clarify, of course I'm a bit bummed about the 200x heads, but my MAIN WORRY is Mattel's suits starting to mess with the line... that's it!!
Sorry teemu if I got carried away...
all is good in the Motu-verse!! :peace:peace:peace

I worry about that too for this line. Really any line from like Mattel or Hasbro. Those guys can get in their own way better than anyone.

Oh uh...
check this out:

https://www.poeghostal.com/2010/08/prince-adam-did-have-a-back-holster-for-the-sword.html

Prince Adam DID have a back holster for the sword

adam_holster_pgpoa-798x1024.jpg

Many fans have lamented the lack of a sword holster on Prince Adam’s back. One fan asked Toyguru why it wasn’t there, and this was his response:

The Horsemen created Adam based on the original toy. It was their design choice. We leave these choices to the boys in Jersey.

It seemed odd to me that the Horsemen wouldn’t include the holster, so I asked them about it and they sent me this image of the paint-master. As you can see, the holster was there. The Horsemen say it must have been removed during production; they don’t know why.

To be VERY clear, I am not saying Toyguru’s statement was a lie (and the Horsemen certainly aren’t, either). I have no idea whether Toyguru ever saw this prototype pic. I just wanted to set the record straight–the Horsemen did include the holster, and it was evidently removed by Mattel during production.

Maybe this was another brilliant idea by the Higher-ups @ Mattel to cut on costs?...
:dunno

I just hope this doesn't turn into a bigger problem...
Between this and the Grizzlor picture with the extra head...
seems like Mattel is indeed tampering with the 4H artistic vision...
and it might end up hurting their relationship... :(

I wouldn't read too much into it dude!
I reckon the sword this was just the factory making a mistake and it fell through the cracks.

As for the heads. I get the impression that some shareholder probably doesn't like having 200x designs in there or he felt they would make more money with fewer extra heads. I choose the latter!

I'm hoping you're party right Eamon, that it's a shareholder, or exec wanting to squeeze more cash out of it... by offering FULL 200x versions later on down the line.

either way, passed it onto the matty forums so TG could see it, possibly ( but likely not) comment.

Last edited:
I'm not suggesting that there will more 200x stuff down the line at all.
I am just suggesting that they want to spend less and make more.

I can't ever see us getting any 200x stuff ever again. It came and it went.
Much to my annoyance as I flippen loved it (endless variants aside).

Kobra Khan is gonna answer a lot of questions I think.

while i suspect you're correct... I do hope you're wrong... though TG did say we're getting the Egyptian sorceress, as well as captain randor... but who knows anymore.

Who all had an extra 200x head anyways? Trapjaw and Whiplash? I don't see it as a big deal that they dropped the extra 200x heads. It worked for Trapjaw but for Whiplash it wasn't correct scale or something.

I think the main reason is so they could release full on 200x figs later on down the line like they did with Zodac/Zodak.

Nope! we got some lame ass clamp thingy whic didn't even fit in his hand properly.

So I got one of these and painted it using the Image comic book cover as colour reference.

sword.jpg

mvc_fisto.jpg

I'm not suggesting that there will more 200x stuff down the line at all.
I am just suggesting that they want to spend less and make more.

I can't ever see us getting any 200x stuff ever again. It came and it went.
Much to my annoyance as I flippen loved it (endless variants aside).

Kobra Khan is gonna answer a lot of questions I think.

I sincerely hope you're wrong Eamon. I'm hardly a 200X fanboy but from the outset this line was meant to encompass all available MOTU properties. To suddenly start retiring 200X designs/costumes permanently because some gormless executive doesn't have a boner for the series isn't fair.
Fans of that series have been screwed out of a decent line of figures once already by Mattel's own mismanagement, to do it twice is almost unforgivable.

Additionally, I'm now more inclined to believe all this is the result of cost-cutting measures. To not tool Adam's sheath and to leave out Grizzlor's second face reeks of a management type's work, with his big red marker crossing off items which he deems excessive and therefore expendable. Some fool needs to check himself before he wrecks himself.

not including Adam's sheath was a bad move. especially cuz adora had one which makes the adam figure seem like a step backwards. they need to start stepping up their game and doing the unexpected again. like that chain thingy that came with scareglow. that was a pleasant surprise.

Say what you want about Matty, but the subs work well. I received my Whiplash yesterday, one of the fastest turn arounds so far. He's not my personal favorite of the series, and so my scores my end up a little lower than nostalgic fans, but he's still a worthwhile addition to the collection.

Jeff Parker checks in tonight with a look at the Iron Man 2 mini-bust. You can find all the revies at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading, and have a great weekend!

Michael
MWC

Say what you want about Matty, but the subs work well. I received my Whiplash yesterday, one of the fastest turn arounds so far. He's not my personal favorite of the series, and so my scores my end up a little lower than nostalgic fans, but he's still a worthwhile addition to the collection.

Jeff Parker checks in tonight with a look at the Iron Man 2 mini-bust. You can find all the revies at the usual:

Michael
MWC

:nono Impartial??? :wink1:

Michael
MWC
good review. i always like your brutal honesty regarding Mattel and DR.

i of course give this figure 4 stars just because of nostalgic reasons and because of the newly sculpted body parts which haven't been seen on a figure yet. they turned out great and they are a great preview of what we can expect for buzz-off.

Back