Masters of the Universe Classics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel bad for POP fans if this mini sub doesn't make it, but it's almost a forgone conclusion that 2015 won't make it either. Let us join hands in disappointment! :blissysmi

I feel bad for POP fans if this mini sub doesn't make it, but it's almost a forgone conclusion that 2015 won't make it either. Let us join hands in disappointment! :blissysmi

I think it's worth noting that Toy Guru pretty much states this EVERY time ANY sub gets solicited. :)

I am okay with the line's demise.It was going to happen sooner or later.I mean,who really can house and display all these figures? plus,for me the line is technically complete.I stopped collecting MOTU after 1985.82-85 is complete in Classics (except Battle Ram).

Rio-Blast drove the nail in deeper,and if the November figure is indeed Tung Lashor...there is no reason for me to support subbing to this line any longer and even then I would just cherry pick Tung Lashor.I don't want to buy Toyguru's speciality 2015 lineup of figures like Mara (more junk to the pile) or Huntara (the she-man looking dyke action figure).

I'll just pick the Ninjor and Dragstor.....have no interest in Gwildor or Saurod and blast attak

Valid point, but dosn't mean it's a lie either.

And thus the rub with crying wolf. We're all told this as children, when you keep saying the sky is falling and it never does, when it actually is falling no one is going to believe you.

I think it's worth noting that Toy Guru pretty much states this EVERY time ANY sub gets solicited. :)

I'm actually looking forward to see how he'll scramble if in fact the minimum is not met for 2015. Tung Lashor and Squeeze are like the only ones left from what I consider vintage, but it won't kill me if they never see the light of day. I guess my only concern will be how much of a hit this would be on the 4H.

I am okay with the line's demise.It was going to happen sooner or later.I mean,who really can house and display all these figures? plus,for me the line is technically complete.I stopped collecting MOTU after 1985.82-85 is complete in Classics (except Battle Ram).

Rio-Blast drove the nail in deeper,and if the November figure is indeed Tung Lashor...there is no reason for me to support subbing to this line any longer and even then I would just cherry pick Tung Lashor.I don't want to buy Toyguru's speciality 2015 lineup of figures like Mara (more junk to the pile) or Huntara (the she-man looking dyke action figure).

I'll just pick the Ninjor and Dragstor.....have no interest in Gwildor or Saurod and blast attak

Really, "dyke?"

Keepin' it classy.

There's a bunch I'd still like to see like Dragstor, Calyx, Vultak, Imp, and I'd love to see Despara (though I know that is insanely unlikely). Even things like Colonel Blast (would be easy re-use from Horde Troopers) and Admiral Survey could be kinda cool.

But I also am a very narrow demographic for this line, only being interested in Horde stuff. I think it's likely we'll see Entrapa actually released and I hope for the 2015 sub since I would really like to see Dragstor.

And thus the rub with crying wolf. We're all told this as children, when you keep saying the sky is falling and it never does, when it actually is falling no one is going to believe you.

Hey guys, we keep walking this way , we're gonna fall off a clif.
People stop walking that way, no one falls off the cliff.
People start, another warning is given.
People stop, no one falls.

Just becuase it hasn't happened yet, only means that his warnings worked ( if it's been true)
He said the same thing about Club infinite earths, didn;t that get canceled too>?

Also, who knows, we MIGHT get general Sundar in the Etheria sub.

I doubt it.....the POP Sub was labelled on the score card at NYTF as the ladies of POP...plus toyguru on roast gooble talked about Sunder and it sounded like he was ways off (he exampled of possibly using Sunder as part of a Horde troopers 2 pack if they ever did them again)

Really, "dyke?"

Keepin' it classy.

yes really.....ever hear this She-man's voice in the Filmation cartoon? She? sounds just like a dude

or would you like a better title "Lesbian Nazi Hooker abducted by UFO'S and forced into weight loss programs"

Hey guys, we keep walking this way , we're gonna fall off a clif.
People stop walking that way, no one falls off the cliff.
People start, another warning is given.
People stop, no one falls.

Just becuase it hasn't happened yet, only means that his warnings worked ( if it's been true)
He said the same thing about Club infinite earths, didn;t that get canceled too>?

Are you singing?

yes really.....ever hear this She-man's voice in the Filmation cartoon? She? sounds just like a dude

or would you like a better title "Lesbian Nazi Hooker abducted by UFO'S and forced into weight loss programs"

Uhhh...

He said the same thing about Club infinite earths, didn;t that get canceled too?

There have been several preorders get cancelled from MattyCollector so the numbers have to be there for Mattel to move forward with a subscription or product. Now we have no idea what those numbers are, but here are the casualties of the Matty preorder so far:

-Young Justice Miss Martian & Superboy
-Ghostbusters ECTO-1
-Club Infinite Earths 2014

Having said that, I can see them moving forward with the 2015 line if they get to maybe 85-90% of the minimum and just trying to sell the rest through day of sale, or maybe increasing the prices even more for day of sale. Obviously the line is going to take a hit with so many big names checked off the list again this year with so few left for 2015, and then there's the inevitable price increase of probably $2-3 per figure.

They need to get Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. Those guys have shown they can make a great movie out of anything.

Well Cahill gets my vote as I really liked Another Earth and thought it was a smart movie.

The Lego dudes seem to be very good at knowing their subject matter and really made a proper Lego movie from what i understand so perhaps these same skill can be applied to a live action MOTU?!

I guess Scott means business or perhaps POP is really not that popular

Where are we currently at?

About 52%

Come on POP fans! You have asked for this for year! Step up!

and

Yes, if the POP sub does not go through, the POP "slots" for 2015 will just be the first three or four POP Club Etheria figs (we will drop the last two since they are not far enough along) and we will not develope any more additional POP for 2015.

So POP gets completely shut down and all POP sku's shown at toyfair get moved into 2015...everything seems to ride on this POP Sub.

honestly I believe this is the last year for MOTU Classics...I hope that last snakeman for this year is Tung Lashor

Back