McFarlane Toys: The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Says who? They're hitting Walgreen's and I just picked up Tyreese and Maggie from TRU.

Why do you think only wallgreens and no local comic stores have it? One of the workers for mcfarlane toys even said himself that some might get it earlier than others

Why do you think only wallgreens and no local comic stores have it? One of the workers for mcfarlane toys even said himself that some might get it earlier than others

Not sure, but WG's has been getting McF stuff WAYYY early lately. It's usually been WG gets the wave first, then Gamestop, then TRU. I'm surprised TRU had it so quick this time.

Strangely the only thing missing was the burned walker, but one of the stock employees definitely nabs stuff before the doors open so that could have been the case this time. I don't want that one anyways, it looks terrible. The burned walkers never stood up like that and the lack of pretty much any articulation is insane.

Says who? They're hitting Walgreen's and I just picked up Tyreese and Maggie from TRU.

Yep. They're officially out now. Just picked up Series 5 at TRU.

IMG_20140207_120515_549.jpg

AWESOME! gonna have to hit TRU now.

Little steeper of a price($15.99) there but I had a gift card & coupon. Definitely check out the paint apps on Maggie. They're all over the place and some look better than others (the eyes look really terrible on some of them). Good luck!!

Okay, okay...I got it. No need to argue over it. :wave

Oh heck, I wasn't arguing! Just trying to give you some intel on where to hunt!

Ditto on the Maggie face paint thing, though they've all looked kinda bad to me.

It's so awesome to have a gun for Carl now! I modified a holster to fit it and glued it to him.

Oh yeah... and Maggie has NO ankle joints. Her boots swivel at the top but no jointed ankles whatsoever. I mean, they gave Michonne and Carl ankles, what gives?

Also, how come the series 4 figures had foot peg holes and now they don't again? No big deal, I just keep Dremeling them, but still...

Yeah you're right, all the Maggies looked pretty bad. The one I bought just looked the least bad lol. Can't complain at all with the face sculpts/paint apps on Glenn & Tyreese. They're legit. I didn't think I'd like the Charred Zombie but he looks pretty badass. Merle Zombie & Maggie are definitely the worst out of the 5.

They must have gotten in solid cases of Glenn. Walgreens is very weird at how they stock things. They split up cases at their warehouse and distribute them to the various stores one or two figures at a time. So just because you see a lone Tyreese or a Maggie left on the shelf doesn't mean you've missed anything. That might have been ALL they got in. And since Glenn has been so abundant, they must have gotten solid Glenn cases - possibly exclusively.

Called the 3 closest TRU and 1 out of the 3 had all of series 5 minus the charred zombie. Pegs were full of them! x3 Maggie, x3 Tyreese , x4 Glenn, and 1 zombie Merle. And of course 1 Andrea and 1 Carl. Call your local TRU, ask em if they have it and if they do they will be more than happy to hold at guest service for you.
Pretty awesome haul if you ask me. :yess:
twd hual.jpg

I was able to pick up Glenn, Maggie, and Tyreese today from Toys R Us. Down to the 2 Zombies and another series complete.

I'll see if I can find them at Walgreens. $15.99 at TRU is steep.

Ditto. I'll either wait for Walgreens, Amazon, or just let my BBTS order fulfill. Unless TRU has a deal for me to use, I won't be getting them there at that price. The amount you'd over pay there you could pick up an extra figure after buying a full set elsewhere.

Awesome! Love the variety in height. Can't wait for mine, preordered through BBTS for a change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back