Medicom Indy and Dr. Jones - the polite thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are available through Sideshow retailers, and at $135 with the maximum discount Sideshow allows retailers to sell at, so not bad at all!

Last edited:
I'm not getting these.

I prefer the Sideshow head sculpt to Medicom's, but I might even cancel the SS 12" once I have secured one of the Premium Format Indy figures.

Same here Tom, I'm thinking I might get the TOD in 12" and have this one in PF.

Could always warm the plastic hat up and then re-shape it to get more of the proper "look". Hmm...I didn't think about that till now....

Ordered Medi-Indy.

Could always warm the plastic hat up and then re-shape it to get more of the proper "look". Hmm...I didn't think about that till now....

I don't think that would work. And even if it did, the Medi hat has more problems than just the shape. The color is also far too light and, worst of all, it's immensely cheap and plastic-looking. Sadly, you'd be better off just replacing it with one of the Hasbro ones (although that would probably be oversized on the puny Medi head).

It's just strange and kinda sad that the $20 Hasbro hat is better than the $150 Medicom one. It looks like it was sculpted with no reference to the actual screen hat at all, just a generic impression of a fedora.

I don't think that would work. And even if it did, the Medi hat has more problems than just the shape. The color is also far too light and, worst of all, it's immensely cheap and plastic-looking. Sadly, you'd be better off just replacing it with one of the Hasbro ones (although that would probably be oversized on the puny Medi head).

I'm hoping the extra SSC hat will fit on the Medicom head.

I stayed away from these. Henry looks nice and the sculpt on Indy looks good as well, but the smallness of the two of them is keeping me away. And the rough rawhide jacket on Indy too.

Don't get me wrong. Nice work on their part, especially sculpt wise... But I can't do it. I'll stick with the SSC stuff and weather it accordingly. :D

Back