Medicom Indy and Dr. Jones - the polite thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're being good Tom. :monkey3 See? We're angelic.

Okay, he's gone. Medicom sucks!!!

:google :horror

At least they don't have lazy eyes, bad paint-jobs and green zombies!

:peace

I'm getting BOTH the Sideshow & Medicom Indiana Jones figures. There are things I like about both and dislike about both. Overall I just say the more the merrier and we're all very lucky to have Indy back on the scene.

Getting a quality 1/6 Indy has been something I've been wanting since I began seriously collectiong (around 10 years ago or so) and now to have not one but 2 great figures with lots more coming is really pretty remarkable.

Well if the Indianajones shop is any indicator they plan to make this last as long as possible.

Yeah, but it'll be nothing close to STAR WARS, which has been in marketing/licensing overdrive for 12 straight years now.

Yeah, but it'll be nothing close to STAR WARS, which has been in marketing/licensing overdrive for 12 straight years now.

No, most likely not. But before 1996 SW was pretty quiet... then it just exploded. I have a feeling Lucasfilm is really gonna push as hard as they can to keep Indy in the publics thoughts.

I'd actually love to see the originals re-released on the big screen (just hopefully unaltered :monkey3).

The title change has never bothered me. Matching the title to the rest of the series seems like a natural thing to do. It's a minor adjustment after all and not like the big SW:SE changes

I definitely agree. I don't see Spielberg making changes to the Indy films like George has done, and as director I would hope that he has the power to not allow such things.

But maybe one day Lucas and Spielberg will get together and work their magic on Star Wars one more time, replacing Greedo's blaster with a walkie talkie.

I definitely agree. I don't see Spielberg making changes to the Indy films like George has done, and as director I would hope that he has the power to not allow such things.

But maybe one day Lucas and Spielberg will get together and work their magic on Star Wars one more time, replacing Greedo's blaster with a walkie talkie.

Thats what worries me... a future Raiders with a black X instead of a Swastika and radios instead of pistols.

The title change has never bothered me. Matching the title to the rest of the series seems like a natural thing to do. It's a minor adjustment after all and not like the big SW:SE changes

The change was purely for marketing/licensing purposes. The official title is still simply Raiders of The Lost Ark.

And thank God for that, because the altered title is completely stupid in that it betrays the fact that Indy himself is one of the Raiders of The Lost Ark.

The title change doesn't bother me a bit. Its still Raiders and mots of us know that. Now, if they go screwing around with it and making changes that just don't fit with the spirit of the film I might get my panties in a wad.

It looks better in the boxset as Indy and the Raiders...

I'd like to see the Indy films re-released, maybe cleaned up a bit, like Star Wars was...not actually editing them, just cleaning the prints...if they need it...I don't think they do...

Back