Medicom Indy and Dr. Jones - the polite thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im not a Indy fan but i think this Medicom Indy looks better that sideshow`s,which doesnt look much like Harrison Ford imo.

Dr Jones looks AWESOME though,its very impressive!

Im not a Indy fan but i think this Medicom Indy looks better that sideshow`s,which doesnt look much like Harrison Ford imo.

Someone give MediJones a couple sandwiches.

While the Medi looks a little more like Ford, Sideshow's blows the rest of the figure away in every way, for cheaper!!!

The Indy figure looks fine if it were half the price or less.

The Connery figure looks amazing. The likeness is dead-on.

I hope Sideshow's box looks better than that.

Same here. Uber-boring. But I don't have much faith... looks like a LFL Special to me. :sleep

Then again, Medicom was never known for inspired or innovative packaging, so I guess there is some hope.

Not really feeling the packaging design, looks very Hasbroish... which may be a dictate of LFL. I hope not, because I'm really hoping Sideshow does something really interesting.

Sadly, I have a hunch that Sideshow's packagine for Indy products will have the same background style, then have the pieces displayed in the foreground like Star Wars pieces are done. I wonder if the Indy figures will have screen shots on the box like Star Wars.

As for packaging overall, this is the most involved design I've ever seen on a Medi box, which isn't saying much.

At the moment, Sideshow's SW boxes have the best design, HT's got the best artwork.

My favorirte Medicom packaging was for their Marvel Comic figures... the box art was very vibrant and each one had a distinct enough look that lined up they looked like volumes of a book.

This, while more involved than Star Wars or some others is very blah looking. Not really fitting such a high-end piece. But again, more likely a demand of LFL and not a choice made by Medicom.

Say what you will, you gotta love the Jones boys rockin' the Vespa!

2867278187_a6caea842e_o.jpg

shame about the medi indy coz that HS is amazing. i have a horrible feeling the SS indy will be another disappointment though. i'm about as confident that sideshow's end product will look anywhere near as good as the proto as i am michael jackson is going to the next WWE intercontinental champion. clothing, HS and paint are my main worries. accessories will probably still be good.

Gah, that Indy really does look bad... I know its not a flattering shot by any means, but still not good. And the whip looks especially toyish.

Make fun all you want but I just bought the 21st Century Toys german motorcycle and sidecar and I can't wait to put both these guys on it.

Back