Medicom Indy and Dr. Jones - the polite thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tins
DrJone2.jpg

DrJone.jpg

I see this Indy debuting in:

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost BBTS Sale

sometime in early 2009

Everything on Indy looks good until you get to the narrow chest and odd head sculpt. Overall pretty nice... but still sticking with Sideshow.

Edit and am I crazy, or are his hands (especially the one gripping the whip) super tiny?

Sr. is nice, but still the clean nature of Medicom's paint work still looks a little toyish, but aside from that he's top notch.

I think Medicom should develop a new body that isn't so anime inspired.

It's OK, but too toyish looking (like all of their figures) for that much.

Guess it's just their style.

Well here is the official word: According to my wife upon seeing the above image "he looks cheap, plastic and not like him".

The wife has spoken :lecture

It's OK, but too toyish looking (like all of their figures) for that much.

Guess it's just their style.

I think that's a really good point that's often missed when discussing Medicom figures. That said, I don't like it either - I prefer more realistic figures.

But at least Medicom has released their product, and is supporting it with a line-up of figures that people are actually interested in and not just buying for the environment it comes with.

Yowzers - what happened to this figure? I didn't have high hopes for the Medi Indy from the start, but it looks like it took a turn for the worse - or maybe it was always that bad. I'll give it props for the headsculpt - that turned out much better than I thought it would based on initial shots. But other than that, like every one else has stated, it looks cheap and toy-ish given the price - especially those accessories and of course the hat. The pants look decent - sp I guess it's got that going for it.

:google

Uh... NO.

But it is a lot cheaper than a Toys McCoy would be right now, even at its ridiculous $150 price. :lol

Another Toys McCoy Fan? Hey, we're making a comeback. It still holds up, I say, and unless the SSC Indy is superb will continue to do so.

Six months ago people were pitying us...

I have on of the Indy's coming in this week and will post pictures for those who wish to see. It should be by Friday. If not, I'll keep you guys posted.

Back