Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, that's it as far as the game goes. Chapter 2 just felt so rushed, and it's hilarious how Mission 46 just pops out of nowhere. I doubt I'll even touch MGS V again, unless Plis or Ryan want to try some co-op for MGO.

By the way, make sure to watch "Mission 51" on YouTube, to see the conclusion that was cut from the game :lol.

Definitely empty. I got no satisfaction as a "fan" playing it... it was a wasteland balloon simulator. It had some good gameplay to it, but a lot of it... and I mean a lot... and was so cumbersome the way it's put together. There's plenty of broken aspects to it. It's infuriating not being able to climb over the tiniest rocks.

Yup, that's it as far as the game goes. Chapter 2 just felt so rushed, and it's hilarious how Mission 46 just pops out of nowhere. I doubt I'll even touch MGS V again, unless Plis or Ryan want to try some co-op for MGO.

By the way, make sure to watch "Mission 51" on YouTube, to see the conclusion that was cut from the game :lol.

I doubt I'll mess with MGO at all really. MGO1 was legendary and addictive, and MGO2 sucked bawz.

Definitely empty. I got no satisfaction as a "fan" playing it... it was a wasteland balloon simulator. It had some good gameplay to it, but a lot of it... and I mean a lot... and was so cumbersome the way it's put together. There's plenty of broken aspects to it. It's infuriating not being able to climb over the tiniest rocks.

Yeah, the "open-world" was just empty space, completely unneeded. Then, the pacing for the game was atrocious - you play 10 missions for a small bit of story.

The gameplay mechanics are good, for the most part. But, the indoor environments were so undeveloped. I mentioned it before, but this game blatantly lacks a building with a third floor, let alone a basement. And there were several of those in MGS 3.

I doubt I'll mess with MGO at all really. MGO1 was legendary and addictive, and MGO2 sucked bawz.

I remember MGO 2 was notorious for hackers and people using exploits. Given the history, I don't think Konami will really give two sheets about this version, either. But, it would still be nice to try it out, before the community goes to hell.

I did. And it helped alleviate some of the empty feeling I had :lol
It's too bad we don't get to end a metal gear game with a metal gear fight...or any fight... but instead having us
play the opening mission with no real gameplay twists or perspective changes...really? I wish I would have done the Quiet finale afterwards...it would have at least felt like an appropriately paced end. I mean it even had the crouch to crawl tutorial...weak

I cant tell you how many times those impassable little rocks ruined my enjoyment of the sahippopotamus rex fight. :gah:

I personally feel like the most interesting part (Skull Face's scheme and perspective on language) got shafted too early for a weird sitcom series (most of Chapter 2).

Quarantine mission was good, but the rest felt so unfinished. Mission 51 was really needed to cap off this whole thing on a better note.

I have spent lots of time with this game now although a large amount of it I've left the game running while I was away.

This game is only an 8/10. The story is cool. Killing of characters is fine. But the game design is a bloody money grab.

FOB is ****. The entire game is designed to arbitrarily inflate playtime more than the game allows.

This is fundamentally a single player game but Konami tries to force a multiplayer design into the game and the result is it really detracts from the single player experience.

Konami really sucks. They haven't even arrived yet as top notch game maker but they're already behaving like one with their heavy handed approach to things. Imagine if they really corner the market.

Kind of regretting buying PES 2016 now even though I love the series.

I.. I don't have words to say. This is grand stupidity of the highest order.

Konami has updated Metal Gear Solid 5 ahead of today's launch of Metal Gear Online, and in the process added a microtransaction that has already sparked vociferous debate among players.

A 960MB patch for the game released today adds an optional "FOB insurance service". This is an in-game service players can pay for with real-world cash.

If you buy the insurance, then during the insurance period you will be compensated for any materials and staff lost due to rival infiltrations.

At the time of publications, Metal Gear Solid 5's servers are spotty, preventing us from checking the microtransaction prices. We'll update as soon as possible.

If you play Metal Gear Solid 5 online, you have the option of launching FOBs (Forward Operating Bases), which adds a player versus player element to the game. Other players can infiltrate your base, sparking a defence. You can attack rivals, too.

The FOB insurance service means staff and materials stolen by a rival will remain on your base. An identical amount of staff and materials will be handed over to the rival, instead.

Not covered by FOB Insurance are staff and items not fully your property, such as abducted staff being held in your Brig; wounded staff (staff lost due to death or extraction will be compensated); staff used by you to deploy in defense of the FOB (neither death nor extraction will be compensated); and nuclear weapons.

Players are already debating the rights and wrongs of the FOB insurance service, which is the latest in a string of controversial video game microtransaction within a full price game.

Metal Gear Solid 5 raised eyebrows with the inclusion of MB Coins, an in-game currency you can buy with real-world cash.

Your first FOB is free, but if you want more you have to pay (around £8 for enough MB Coins to buy a second FOB). You can also spend MB Coins to speed up the expansion of your base. The game gives players free MB Coins periodically as a login bonus.

Today's update lets you use MB Coins to buy time reduction and speed up the construction of new platforms for your FOBs. (The more platforms on your FOB, the more difficult it will be for a rival to infiltrate unseen.)

Once I get the Platinum, I'm throwing it in a drawer forever. I can't be bothered anymore with this FOB bull **** and worrying about losing stuff.

I did all the mission tasks, and there's just a handful of missions I need S ranks in. Then need to get those delivery point things and then it's Platinum.

Lmaoooo :rotfl Konami can't be serious. I'll be amazed if they even keep their servers around longer than several months.

Good for you, Pliss. I don't even have it in me to Plat anymore. I get nauseous seeing the same intro/chopper animations over and over. It's torture. Nathan Drake, save me!

I put too many hours into it to bail out before it. But I can say with a straight face that unless they put out a substantial DLC, I'm done with it for good. 5 years to get this turd... bravo Kojima/Konami.

My wife binned the PS4 case so I could only trade in Arkham Knight and Tomb Raider. Got Project Cars today and as I was telling the game shop guy behind the counter my game case woe he gave me an MGSV steelbook for free.

Score

Back