Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I traded it for credit. Twas a great game mind. Finally accepted it was a great game but a mediocre metal gear game. Still prefer BB to SS.

I like Big Boss and I cannot lie, you cloned brothers can't deny.

big-boss-solid-snake-shuffle-o.gif

cant believe that metal gear has come to this, very depressing. its so weird that even though the game isnt all that great that i still wanna collect stuff from it. its so perplexing that over the many years of being a fan that the end is nigh. sionara konami/kojima, its been a long journey.

Honestly I'm more inclined to blame Konami than Kojima. Pretty obvious this is half, maybe two-thirds at best, of a game sold as a finished product. Even at his worst (I'd argue MGS4, although I know plenty of people here hate Peace Walker) he's always delivered deep, polished games with tons of replay value.

Personally, I racked up about 12 hours on this game on a friend's PC and the biggest shock to me was how empty the open world is. This is Hideo Kojima we're talking about here, the man who's been hiding dirty posters in lockers since 2001. You'd think with an open-world map he'd have gone crazy hiding secrets and easter eggs in remote corners of it, but there's nothing. That to me suggests a man with his back up against a wall trying to finish the project as quickly and fully as possible before his contract expired.

I'm more inclined to blame Kojima. MGSV had good ideas in it, as weird as they may be. What Kojima desperately needed was an editor. That whole speech from Skull Face could have easily been chopped and served up into different expository cutscenes throughout the main story and the pacing could have flown much better that way.

Also while I initially loved the parasites for how they were applied to Skulls and the main plot with Skull Face, I hated how Kojima made them into the new nanomachines and essentially stuck them into the very depths of Earth's history to give them some sort of false importance. We don't even know the color of dinosaurs and you're telling me we know that those parasites existed even then??? Oh and they invented language...... of course.

I think the entirety of the game only lifted the rest of the series, especially MGS4. I didn't outright hated it, but there's so much laziness to the writing in it... but compared to this? Pfft.

I never cared for the B&B Unit, but I'll take them over the fart cloud Skulls.

Last edited:
I played this briefly last night, and did three of the Extreme missions and got an S. One was Quiet's, which was a tad difficult since she can pick you off so easily. But, Rocket Punch worked like a charm. Even when it goes out of range, it's still going and I hit her twice with it.

I need the Code Talker mission and Occupation Forces Extreme missions and then I got all the S's. Then, I just need to go pick up the delivery point things from the outposts, then Platinum.

I haven't bothered with MGO... how awful is it?

My Espionage rank is 344 the last I checked. It was in the 200s but I haven't been playing it much... I guess that's my world ranking?

well, guess I can't rent this game. I showed this to my college to add to their 'rental program', and they said they're against M rated games since they don't want trouble, and they know all about MGS.

Guess I'll have to buy it then.

well, guess I can't rent this game. I showed this to my college to add to their 'rental program', and they said they're against M rated games since they don't want trouble, and they know all about MGS.

Guess I'll have to buy it then.

Oh man, that sucks. I have no idea if this if worth the $60, personally I say no. I've already given up the plat and waiting for Uncharted instead. I feel like I'm wasting away grinding all the way to hell.

Those pussies.

This isn't censored. Really?

Reported.

Will you be playing MGO, Pliss? I think I might pass. At least PW allowed private matches and story co-op. You, me, Solidus all had some cool missions together. :lol

Also, is it just me, or does the story missions should have had co-op in the first place? Doesn't seem like it will interfere with the story at all.

Not anytime soon. 99% of the missions should definitely have COOP.

Except for the first, second and last mission, I don't think co-op would have ruined anything. MGSV already feels the most "gamey" of all MGS games, you tend to be disconnected with the "world" because you're always aware you're playing a videogame. I remember in MGS1 and 2, you felt like you were truly there.

Except for the first, second and last mission, I don't think co-op would have ruined anything. MGSV already feels the most "gamey" of all MGS games, you tend to be disconnected with the "world" because you're always aware you're playing a videogame. I remember in MGS1 and 2, you felt like you were truly there.

The story telling, however thin, didn't convey really that there was anything at stake in this. Retard REX is going to reignite the cold war... how? It already appeared, so why is it's appearance at the end any different? It's not even nuclear capable, so it's not even a Metal Gear, like RAY. Yellowcake. Parasites. **** you.

The story telling, however thin, didn't convey really that there was anything at stake in this. Retard REX is going to reignite the cold war... how? It already appeared, so why is it's appearance at the end any different? It's not even nuclear capable, so it's not even a Metal Gear, like RAY. Yellowcake. Parasites. **** you.

Nothing ever was at stake. Regardless of how that twist ended up, it would have been great if the story was leading up to it similar to MGS2, but nope. The twist was there because they had to wrap the story up. No buildup, no sense of irony.

Also, I'm sorry but I can't really buy that twist that gave power to an inactive Inbred Gear. By that logic, Liquid would have activated REX in MGS1 without Solid Snake's help. :slap

Nothing ever was at stake. Regardless of how that twist ended up, it would have been great if the story was leading up to it similar to MGS2, but nope. The twist was there because they had to wrap the story up. No buildup, no sense of irony.

Also, I'm sorry but I can't really buy that twist that gave power to an inactive Inbred Gear. By that logic, Liquid would have activated REX in MGS1 without Solid Snake's help. :slap

Wow :lol that's a hellva point.

Back