Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reason everyone is taking Kojima's side is because of how petty Konami has been acting. If Kojima was in the wrong who cares? They're making money of the game he created one last time then get rid of him. That's the ultimate win right there, but they wanted his named removed not just from V, but the legacy collection as well. Then blocking him from accepting 2 awards in one day (there was also a Japanese awards show MGSV won at). It all seems petty and malicious.

I loved MGSV so I'm totally happy with this being the final MGS from Hideo, it's just a shame we'll never get those remakes. That's all I wanted after this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reason everyone is taking Kojima's side is because of how petty Konami has been acting. If Kojima was in the wrong who cares? They're making money of the game he created one last time then get rid of him. That's the ultimate win right there, but they wanted his named removed not just from V, but the legacy collection as well. Then blocking him from accepting 2 awards in one day (there was also a Japanese awards show MGSV won at). It all seems petty and malicious.

I loved MGSV so I'm totally happy with this being the final MGS from Hideo, it's just a shame we'll never get those remakes. That's all I wanted after this.

I'm guessing there were legal reasons for him not being in attendance. If his contract was about to expire this month, it's likely that Konami wouldn't want him accepting a game on their behalf, and let alone, representing them on stage. After all, something like that, would lead everyone into thinking he was still employed by them, or perhaps they made amends.

After all's said and done, he was only an employee working for a heartless corporation. That's the reality of it. But, at least we had a name and a face go with the series (both of which belonged to him as the creator).

Yup, I'm just happy we got MGSV and they didn't cancel like they did PT. In a perfect world, Sony would hire Kojipro and let him make some new original exclusive IPs. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up.

Yup, I'm just happy we got MGSV and they didn't cancel like they did PT. In a perfect world, Sony would hire Kojipro and let him make some new original exclusive IPs. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up.

I actually hope MS does so that we can see his games on PC too.

Sony would definitely make it more interesting though.

Yeah. I just don't know why anyone wouldn't think Kojima is as much to blame as Konami.
Because this fanbase sucks and is blinder than a Batman. That's all I can say.
All I see is how Phantom Pain fell short of its potential, and how Kojima fell short of my expectations. It's not a great game man. Not with all the cut content, barren environments, and sparse dialog and plot (that's not MGS). Kojima got a raw deal from the corporate heads, but people need to smell the roses about this game and see it for what it really is. Quite frankly, if it were up to me personally, I wouldn't assign it any awards, whatsoever.
Basically this. Even for a stealth game, it's not that great. The mechanics work, but everything around them isn't that spectacular.
I was very put off, just by how he was blasting his name all over the place on Kojima Station, and all those selfie pics on Twitter, and the photos with him and celebrities. The funny thing is, I remember thinking, "Yes, I know you're Kojima, the #1 video game director of all time and space, you don't need viral self-marketing everyday to remind us about it". And then there was MGS V with the credits...

It did suck that they took his name out from the box art, though. Complaints aside, he's practically the last video game auteur in an industry, that's been completely take-over by faceless corporate entities. Can anyone name a familiar face behind Assassin's Creed, Halo, or COD? Me neither :lol.
I really despise Kojima for that too. Other game creators don't really do that. Most of the Japanese ones can be weird (not to Kojima level, but considering some like Masahiro Sakurai are on good terms with Kojima, they come close for a reason) but none of them, none of them really match Kojima's other oddities.

Assassin's Creed probably could have put the Prince of Persia creator as its face since the series took so many cues from PoP, but that franchise and even creator have been long forgotten :lol :(

I actually hope MS does so that we can see his games on PC too.

Sony would definitely make it more interesting though.

I'd have no problem with that, if that got announced I would go purchase a Xbone today :lol

Maybe konami didnt want kojima to say something about why the game wasnt what he said it was going to be. Maybe kojima really planned for all the great stuff he said and konami pushed him out and wanted to hit their deadline. Possibly kojima would have caused the game to be pushed back again. Personally id have waited another year to get a complete game, i still havent finished it after i found out what the deal was with the story. I did have a lot of fun getting good at defeating the enemies in different ways and stuff but i didnt really feel like progressing, which was never the case on any mgs title.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

I could totally see Kojima doing something like explaining why the game was unfinished.

I really like Kojima, he's one of the best talents in the industry and he's still showing, even in MGSV.

But I can't really take his side on this one, he did it to Hayter and now he's getting it, it's just clear and funny karma.

And yeah, he could also blame Konami for the unfinished game so Konami was protecting themselves from that.

I really like Kojima, he's one of the best talents in the industry and he's still showing, even in MGSV.

But I can't really take his side on this one, he did it to Hayter and now he's getting it, it's just clear and funny karma.

And yeah, he could also blame Konami for the unfinished game so Konami was protecting themselves from that.

But Kojima can always spill the beans, he can do it now on Twitter if he wanted, or he could have sent Geoff a video detailing how everything went down for them to play at the show :lol

Obviously while he's under contract he would be in a lot of trouble if he did. I doubt that was their concern. I just don't see why they would prevent him from attending an award show.

I can't really take his side at all because of all the LIES, Tweeting stuff over the years to make the game sound more complex than it actually was. I seriously wouldn't have minded if Kojima owned up and said something like "This game is rike 200 hours with 3 hours of cutscenes and a story that makes no sense do don't bother with the plot, gameplay's great".

But nope, he tweted lies after lies. From being ashamed, to the taboo stuff, to the "missing link, or that every Mother Base is different and customizable, I was ready for a an awesome game even if the story was as bad as PW.

Gaspar, that is actually a really good point about Hayter. True karma, right there.

Ryan, that's my thoughts exactly. He did similar things with other games, but looking back, it was sorta worth it actually. He sorta lived up to that but now? Not at all. Hell, that 'you will regret your words and deeds' thing almost applies to Kojima himself. Like everything was a metaphor to how he felt. Not surprising considering how so many silly metaphors of himself exist in MGS

Ehh? Lies? What?

Taboos, well there's a dude with an ethnic cleansing plot and clear anti-western implications, you can't speak about race today, you have retards going "race doesn't exist, he all hooman raec" and with the raging boner the world has for political correctness, that's thin ice for starters, then there's child soldiers, you go up against children, albeit you're not allowed to kill them, you also have a cutscene of a rape in progress, not just a tape anymore, you're actually seeing it, and if there's a more sensitive subject that race right now, that's rape. I'm having a deja-vu, I remember when TPP was about to be released, people in this very thread were saying Ground Zeroes wasn't dark anymore, that Kojima was trying too hard, when those very same people were disgusted when GZ came out; "omg a ****** bomb wtf, Kojima you sick ****, OMG a rape tape? This is wroooooong, MGS is supposed to be campy fun, none of this stuff that has to do with waaar".

We're desensitized way too quickly, the Taboo stuff is there, we're just too numb to care.

Same for the "you'll be ashamed of your words and deeds", this is clearly a reference to the stuff in the game, you can even pin point it directly to Quiet, she couldn't speak and she ended up going back on her intentions and attempts to kill Venom.

The story makes perfect sense to me, you may hate it for your reasons, but the story isn't small either, you only get a full grasp after listening to hours of tapes, which I found enjoyable.

And it is the missing link, it does tie the whole thing up, even if you don't like how it ties it up.

Now there's no denying the game's incomplete, stuff like return to Camp Omega, who knows how many missing chapters, downgraded MB, I doubt Kojima would've shown and said all that had he known he wasn't gonna be able to finish it. Perhaps he did, but to me that sounds more like unkept promises rather than straight up lies.

This pretty much sums up why I love the game.

The funny thing is, people say this game isn't dark and Kojima chickened out but it probably has the worst image I've ever seen in a game. That being "The Devil's House" witnessing genocide. The young African child Soldier committing suicide to end his pain via Mantis.

It's a shame we never got the Kingdom of the Flies mission and an entire new map to explore, that would have done a lot for the game. Still easily my game of the year though.

giphy.gif

The story makes perfect sense to me, you may hate it for your reasons, but the story isn't small either, you only get a full grasp after listening to hours of tapes, which I found enjoyable.

No offense to you but come on man, you found listening to hours of audio tapes to be enjoyable....? Metal Gear Solid was always renowned for its custcenes that were inspired by Kojima's love for film. "SNAKE PLISSKEN". It's just another staple that was taken from the series.

I think I can speak from a non biased point of view since I have been a long time fan and this is the only forum I have ever been a part of as well as the only internet outlet I use to talk in detail about movies, games, anime, etc.

Some of the background stories of past characters in the MGS saga were way more taboo or shocking then what the Phantom Pain (Not An MGS Title) claimed to be. We all have our opinions but people here are not bashing the game to be cool but simply because the game and quite frankly Kojima deserves it especially after what happened with Hayter.

I for one feel betrayed as a fan that this game is the last game made by Kojima in that universe.

I have no proof and while its almost certainly not true, but part of the Konami Vs Kojima could have been because Konami didn't like the direction the game was going and entitlement Kojima was carrying around. Based on circulated business practices of Konami however, it sounds lilke they a bunch of D-Bags.

Back