1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

The credit is all toys210s dude ..i personally am very happy with how it turned out ..sure he cant go on the batpod now ..but that special flapping came was never able to fit onto the dx02 anyway only the v1 ..so it doesn't really bother me.

I wonder if this lil snafu will put the V1 back in high demand if only for the Bat Pod's sake.

I wonder if this lil snafu will put the V1 back in high demand if only for the Bat Pod's sake.

Possibly ..but its not everyone who has a batpod, so there could be a demand for them ..but certainly not a high one.

Its funny how people complained that the oil problem messed up the figure. Then Hot Toys went and fixed it and now that they fixed it people are complaining that it can't bend forward. How many figures have we seen in a pose where it requires that much bending? If anyone wants a leaky but POSABLE DX Batman hit me up. Ill sell you mine for DCD retail price and I'll go pick up a DCD DX Batman.

Some people can not be satisfied.

IMO, this argument would have merit if we were talking about DCD 1/6. But we are NOT! Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't THE WHOLE PURPOSE of buying such expensive toys is because of their ultra high quality (or at least whats ment to be hight quality), as well as well as the extreme poseablity?

i don't think it unreasonable to expect the toy to function as its designed to do, & I don't think it makes a collector out to be a cry baby or any such thing just because we want the quality & craftsmanship we paid good money for.

If HT wants to drop its MSRP down to $70 a pop then they (or others) will have earned the right to tell us to quite b1tching. Until then........LETS B1TCH!

Dude, make up you mind.

My TDK has shipped from Redford Films!!! Very excited. BTW, nice pick up Bill.

any way, can some one post some pic of DX in the Tumbler?

IMO, this argument would have merit if we were talking about DCD 1/6. But we are NOT! Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't THE WHOLE PURPOSE of buying such expensive toys is because of their ultra high quality (or at least whats ment to be hight quality), as well as well as the extreme poseablity?

i don't think it unreasonable to expect the toy to function as its designed to do, & I don't think it makes a collector out to be a cry baby or any such thing just because we want the quality & craftsmanship we paid good money for.

If HT wants to drop its MSRP down to $70 a pop then they (or others) will have earned the right to tell us to quite b1tching. Until then........LETS B1TCH!

Hot Toys are so expensive because people are willing to pay that much for their figures. Even with the flaws. As I said in my last post look how many QC problems their figure have had just in the last few releases. The best one, besides the DX Batman, is the Battle Damaged IronMan and it's shoulder mounted rockets. They are known to jam and people are still buying them. I'll admit the DX Batman has been the biggest fail Hot Toys has had to date, and yes it does warrant some _____ing. Now that it has been fixed it falls in line with all the other figures with their flaws. We got a quick glimps of what a perfect DX Batman figure would look and feel like. But now we've woken up to reality, and are stuck with this DX Batman.

I'm not saying I over look everything Hot Toys has done. I'm not one of their drone fans where I think everything they do is god sent. They get the respect they deserve from me. Which is very little right now. But I am also a realist and believe their actions are driven by ours. Which is why I believe it's not up to Hot Toys to set their prices on their figures. It's up to us. If you want Hot Toys to drop their prices get everyone to stop buying them. If people stop buying them they'll start to crawling back to us with lower prices, and better CS.

That's just my honest opinion.

Last edited:

Hot Toys are so expensive because people are willing to pay that much for their figures. Even with the flaws. As I said in my last post look how many QC problems their figure have had just in the last few releases. The best one, besides the DX Batman, is the Battle Damaged IronMan and it's shoulder mounted rockets. They are known to jam and people are still buying them. I'll admit the DX Batman has been the biggest fail Hot Toys has had to date, and yes it does warrant some _____ing. Now that it has been fixed it falls in line with all the other figures with their flaws. We got a quick glimps of what a perfect DX Batman figure would look and feel like. But now we've woken up to reality, and are stuck with this DX Batman.

It's now up to Hot Toys to set their prices on their figures. It's up to us. If you want Hot Toys to drop their prices get everyone to stop buying them. If people stop buying them they'll start to crawling back to us with lower prices, and better CS.

That's just my honest opinion.

I feel your pain dude, but I think HT is over & done with the entire TDK line. Between the botched V1 Joker face sculpt, bullets that point the wrong way in Bank Robber Jokers weapons, snapping wrist pegs, & of course the great Tumbler/spoiler packing lets down.......well I think HT will be happy to wash its hands of Batman for a while. At least until the 3rd film wraps principal filming & the merchandising begins.

I just watched Toy210's video and yes. It looks a lot cheaper to me aswell, but maybe that is just the lighting or the camera's quality. There are some collector here who already has this new body. What do you guys think? Is the suit looks a lot cheaper now?

Absolutely not, other than the loss of posability and being able to tell it's hard plastic with a tap, there's no difference with the new material, the figure looks exactly the same, it just poses slightly less.

Got my notice from DCBS or whatever that place is called. Thursday for me. Just a day late for my birthday :slap

And it was only like $135 SHIPPED! :banana

I think that is less than I paid for the V1!

Absolutely not, other than the loss of posability and being able to tell it's hard plastic with a tap, there's no difference with the new material, the figure looks exactly the same, it just poses slightly less.

Thy the answer!

Keep it up guys, I'm not joking around.

Enough is enough. I warned everyone, from now on, anyone commenting on the personal crap and discussing anything but this figure and discussing it a civil adult manner will be infracted for trolling or any applicable violation. You were already warned, enough is enough, there's no reason people can't behave and talk like adults here.

If that can't calm things down, I'll lock both Batman threads and delete and lock any subsequent ones so that this figure isn't discussed at this site. There is no reason for things to get like this.

I feel your pain dude, but I think HT is over & done with the entire TDK line. Between the botched V1 Joker face sculpt, bullets that point the wrong way in Bank Robber Jokers weapons, snapping wrist pegs, & of course the great Tumbler/spoiler packing lets down.......well I think HT will be happy to wash its hands of Batman for a while. At least until the 3rd film wraps principal filming & the merchandising begins.

:lecture:lecture:lecture I definitely agree with that one. :lecture:lecture:lecture

I picked this figure up from CSC yesterday. So far no oil, but the entire front abdomen really restricts any sort of movement. It really doesn't matter to me because I don't go for the extreme poses, but I can understand why that would irk a few people. There's also a minor scratch on one of the bicep plates, but no oil in that area either so I'm guessing it was just a factory defect or something. It's very, very minor though, it doesn't bother me enough to return it. All in all, it's an awesome figure and I'm debating buying a second.

Back