MMS138 – The Expendables: 1/6th scale Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've read horror stories, but I've yet to have an issue with a rubber HT figure falling apart, 3 Rambos, 1 Rocky, Wolverine, 2 T-800s, 3 Batmans, Elizabeth Swan, 2 Sarah Connors.

Rock83 has many stories and I know the guy isn't rough with his figures. I myself can relate, i've yet to see even a small tear. Nothing.

*Runs to find wood to knock on*

:D

Nothing here as well personally, lots of rubber incidents with Dutch I hear from others and today mine is still in perfect great shape.

Interesting never caught problems with the rubber on Dutch.

Rock83 has many stories and I know the guy isn't rough with his figures. I myself can relate, i've yet to see even a small tear. Nothing.

Yeah I know of his. I'm not even sure it's being rough with your figures. I wonder if sometimes humidity levels of the home, internal temperature, exposure to sunlight or display lighting. Out of the box, figures are exposed to unique circumstances with each collector, and a number of factors could attribute to some of these incidents. Like I said though, could be manufacturing slips too.

I just think rubber, in general, is not some horrible material to be avoided, just requires a bit more caution in both owning and making.

Not many,just many Rambo 2 rubber stories :lol

Actually,yours that you traded with me were good,even the day i sold it to someone else it was perfect,weird.

Off course,it's a big risk to have something sharp attached to the Rubber body,i put the Rocky Belt around my Rocky 3's waist and when i took it off for pose change once,the belt had scratched up 2 VERY tiny holes on his stomach.

I never prefer Rubber,what so ever,even if a figure doesn't suffer as bad as Rambo 2 there is always a risk of tearing and incidently scratching it.

I still want a DX TDK Batman but never reading the thread where all chaos broke loose I really don't know what to believe, that figure and the Batman Begins I have had many times to where I could pick it up and just decided not to get started because of the abs theory/leak or whatever it was.

I want a TDK collection and I can't simply get started because of mixed up facts, assumptions, stories...

The rubber used on the new muscle bodies is interesting, it doesn't feel like traditional rubber to the touch, but you gotta figure it's rubber because of how soft and flexible it is.

I still want a DX TDK Batman but never reading the thread where all chaos broke loose I really don't know what to believe, that figure and the Batman Begins I have had many times to where I could pick it up and just decided not to get started because of the abs theory/leak or whatever it was.

I want a TDK collection and I can't simply get started because of mixed up facts, assumptions, stories...

The DX Batman still seems to be a messy mix of good and bad stories. Thankfully for now, I'm on the good side but one never knows.

As for the OC, if you get a chance to get that for a decent price, jump on it, no issues with that one and a great looking figure.

The very last one i got is a proof that it is the rubber body,and not me,because i never EVER bended anything on that figure because i was aware of the risk,still...Holes appear for no reason on his forearm.

It can't be the temperature or dust in my room either that's causing it,because every single Rubber figure i own,Rambo 2 is the only one that is suffering it,the rest is perfect.I have 3 of Rambo 3 and using one for extreme poses for pics and such,still...This one holds up.

My Rocky 3 is a different story,this was caused by something sharp around his waist.

The DX Batman still seems to be a messy mix of good and bad stories. Thankfully for now, I'm on the good side but one never knows.

I thought that until last week when I moved his belt down as it was a little high, only to see a quite large drop of whatever you wanna call it on the abs. DCD batch as well! I don't think anyone can escape from it unfortunately. Exceptional figure though, I still love it.

Not many,just many Rambo 2 rubber stories :lol

Actually,yours that you traded with me were good,even the day i sold it to someone else it was perfect,weird.

Off course,it's a big risk to have something sharp attached to the Rubber body,i put the Rocky Belt around my Rocky 3's waist and when i took it off for pose change once,the belt had scratched up 2 VERY tiny holes on his stomach.

I never prefer Rubber,what so ever,even if a figure doesn't suffer as bad as Rambo 2 there is always a risk of tearing and incidently scratching it.

I still remember the damaged one you sent me. All its moisture was lost, thats what the problem was. After that it cracked. Their Rambo II was a 50/50 figure imo. Mine was perfect whereas yours were all horrid. I'd assume the materials used must be able to retain its moisture to keep longterm durability.

I still remember the damaged one you sent me. All its moisture was lost, thats what the problem was. After that it cracked. Their Rambo II was a 50/50 figure imo. Mine was perfect whereas yours were all horrid. I'd assume the materials used must be able to retain its moisture to keep longterm durability.

Yeah the "Mud" Rambo :wink1:

As far as i know this Rambo is the only one that has suffered such problems,and if i remember correctly,their very first Rubber figure?

Yup, Rambo came before the Alien marines. Maybe they used rubber before, but pretty sure he's the first MMS to use it.

Yeah the "Mud" Rambo :wink1:

As far as i know this Rambo is the only one that has suffered such problems,and if i remember correctly,their very first Rubber figure?

Yeah it was their first. Ah man I remember the good ol' days buying HT's Rambo figures for like $50-$100 a piece. Good ol' days :monkey2

I remember going to a local toy show and finding FB Rambo and HALO Rambo for $85 combined (missing a couple accessories). I also remember getting Rambo II from a local comic shop for $95 MIMB.

Yeah it was their first. Ah man I remember the good ol' days buying HT's Rambo figures for like $50-$100 a piece. Good ol' days :monkey2

I remember going to a local toy show and finding FB Rambo and HALO Rambo for $85 combined (missing a couple accessories). I also remember getting Rambo II from a local comic shop for $95 MIMB.

Good old days indeed,you had a total of 10 Rambo's at one point,i had a total of 11 but now 10 and displaying 9.I kinda want that Horse back for display with Rambo 3:monkey2

I thought that until last week when I moved his belt down as it was a little high, only to see a quite large drop of whatever you wanna call it on the abs. DCD batch as well! I don't think anyone can escape from it unfortunately. Exceptional figure though, I still love it.

I am very sad to hear that.

Good old days indeed,you had a total of 10 Rambo's at one point,i had a total of 11 but now 10 and displaying 9.I kinda want that Horse back for display with Rambo 3:monkey2

Yeah true, that horse setup was pretty cool.

Rambo 3 was only like $80, what a deal.

A DAMN good deal. I had already discovered Eric/Toys2 back then but for goofs I tried Ebay, bid and won one for $81.

Hey! Good ol' days! :monkey2

Rambo 3 was my first case of using Toys2 CS, wrist pin broke out of the box and Eric took care of me, earned my confidence with that. I remember that figure bit me in the ass, Toys2 had been getting HT stuff quite ahead of Sideshow so I got Rambo 3 through them to get him fasted, Sideshow ended up having it like 3 months before Toys2. If they ever do Rambo 4, I'll order from both places, win, win :D

Back