MMS138 – The Expendables: 1/6th scale Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember I was collecting all the Jakks Rocky figures when they were released, but then I decided to sell them all so I could get the HT Rocky Stuff. At the time I didn't think a Rocky figure could get any better.

I still have a soft spot for them though, and wish I had picked up the Rocky III figure.

PICT1117-1.jpg

This looks like a DIET GONE WRONG before and After pic :lol

Horse teeth or this guy?

100000% Barney Ross!!!

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

The pics of this guy so far are :horror

The only thing I think is odd is the mid section of the upper body...it just bugs me. Shirt or etc on...this might be one of the best HT's has done.

The sculpt is UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

It's funny because it's basically the Whiplash body besides the forearms, will they release Mickey Rourke with the same body if it makes it that far?

At least there's something out there to easily make a custom Tool, bit harder to make other characters from the film without HT doing it.

Oh you could always buy those oddly-shaped custom heads of Statham and Li.

I almost pulled the trigger on ordering an extra head from TA. Then I figured I would need a set of hands. Then I noticed how cool the necklaces were so I added those. Then I figured I would need an extra of his signature revolver to make the 2nd figure.

After realizing I was about to drop nearly $70 (s&h included) I figured some of you were probably right about just ordering a second figure.

The problem's going to be that all of his gear is so cool I won't wanna turn loose of it.

Body's my only real reason for buying 2. You don't see these special bodies go for much less than $60, and the head would probably fetch $50 separate, so you're already at almost $100 just for a head and body, for $70 more you get everything buying a second figure, and you could possible sell what you don't use for a decent return. It all depends on what you need, sometimes just buying loose parts is smartest, sometimes a whole extra figure is wiser.

With the body and head alone, it was already at over $100 and change for me. I work on Punisher customs, so I figured by buying a second, the extra gear won't go to waste. And I could always sell the spare Vilena scouting outfit If I wanted.

I am toying with the notion of selling my Comedian to buy Barney. What do you guys reckon?

While this is stallone ..but it's not exactly an iconic character imo, i would wait for a rambo(the demand is there) and skip barney,if your like me you would end up selling barney anyway if a rambo came out.

I think the Comedian is a great figure ..and as cool as Barney is the Comedian has much more character that comes from the character himself and not the actor playing him..Barney is just cool imo because he is stallone the closest thing we have to a rambo at the moment.

..and if a clean barney type body comes out in the future that would work well to bulk up the comedian and turn him into an even better figure.

^^ This is all just my opinion:)

Who's "Barney"? I thought this was Marion Cobretti from "Cobra 2 Pig Venom?":monkey1

Anywayz..The more I see of this the more I lean toward "Figure of the year". Why? It is a dead ringer for Stallone and it has TONS of bada$$ looks.:lecture

I'd sell the comedian. I say that with bias since I was never interested in that line but as people constantly note its a line thats been left painfully incomplete. The Expendables may be left incomplete too but at least you have the fact that Barney is a Stallone figure - and a damn good one - to fall back on. Of course, yes theres also the counter argument mentioned by Calcifer that more iconic Stallone characters may follow.

For me though Rambo and Rocky were never that important, blasphemous to some I know. If a new Rambo figure looks as good as this I could easily be tempted but a new Rocky figure would take me outside my genre focus so, I'd find it harder to justify.

This sucks. I'm going to see the expendables today when my netflix arrive and I have a bad feeling after seeing the movie I will want this :(

They are not gonna release another Rambo are they?
Not sure if I want a Rambo figure either. Bit plain I fear. Unless they do a First Blood figure.

I have full faith in hot toys that they will do a new rambo ..i'd take iconic over a more kitted out figure any day of the week, anyway i'm not one for an actor being a few characters in my collection, i make the exeption for conner and batman as batman is masked.

What i do now when i'm looking to buy a figure ,if i see myself somehow selling the figure down the line i will pass, i could see myself selling this figure in the future if i got one..the most likely reason would be a new rambo being made.

..but then again this would have a way better second market value then the comedian, comedian can still be had for a good price and i don't see his price going up unless hot toys give us more figures from watchmen.

Barney's aftermarket value will probably be fairly high unless/until another Sly figure is announced. I'd wager some folks are buying Barney because it's the first Stallone figure in some time and not much sign if and when another may come. Once those people have options, the interest in Barney will fade.

I love the movie and really liked the character so I'm getting him for that and any future Sly figures will be in addition, not replacement.

Back