1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

I have faith in HT this will be rectified and yes, I'd like to see some small modifications in the sculpt but not because its wrong - because its SO close.

The best post out of the last 100 pages.
I completely agree, this must have for me cause the figure is a beauty. Could it still use an improvement? Sure, the tweaks would no doubt make it quite possibly one of the best ever. But calling the figure a failure because all you see is the inaccuracy instead of it's sheer beauty as a whole is just being outrageous.

Yeah, I was watching them the other day and thinking how good they are but would benefit from some updated special effects in some of the flying scenes. I hated the Superman Returns film but the special effects were great, it'd be something to see Chris digitalized for maybe a special edition. Either way their a classic and Chris will always be Superman for me.

New set up, guess what´s missing:

1.jpg

:exactly:

..updated! :lol
?????
Yes they are!
Though the Donner cut is less than stellar because some sequences were missing when he made his cut, it's still very interesting to see what direction he was heading for...
That cut is a mess but is good to see some scenes specially the one with Marlon Brando
Originally Posted by 16k: Now, take this sculpt, you can even keep the paint if you like, but remove the S lock and I'm almost positive no one will say it's Reeve!
Now thats to much but for me i feel that the sculpt made by Arnie Kim make this figure look like a toy...it is a toy, dont get me wrong it can be better just need more more more! i jsut dont consider a great figure a toy specially @ 209.00:wink1:

Guys I can't believe it! Either you're blind or haven't seen Sosa's sculpt!

No, I know, you're infeodated to HT and would even buy Arnie Kim's butt hair if he sold it! :D

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol There's so much ignorance in your post, but at least your bias is clear. And you're talking about the wrong freak with the Kim remark. :lol

As Wofford was so hot on the "hyperbole" BS earlier here, you stating "no one would see Reeve" in that sculpt is textbook hyperbole.

I've been overdosing on the movies with repeated viewings of Superman 1, Superman 2 Lester cut and Superman 2 Donner cut, commentaries and all :yess:

Straight into my veins :lol

This figure really brought me back to those movies again :hi5:

I re-watched 1 and 2 again as well, and while I think 1 is still the best comic book movie ever made, 2 (the Lester version) has not held up well at all. It's good for the big Metropolis fight scene, and that's about it.

Guys I can't believe it! Either you're blind or haven't seen Sosa's sculpt!

No, I know, you're infeodated to HT and would even buy Arnie Kim's butt hair if he sold it! :D

Sosa's sculpt is a good one, but the expression and puffed-out cheeks/mouth area kill it for me.

I maintain that if you were to strip the HT sculpt and have it professionally hand-painted, a lot of the issues would be rectified. Of course, the same can be said for Sosa's, though I think his looks better painted than unpainted. Paint makes or breaks sculpts at this scale.

You can take the greatest custom sculpt ever, but as soon as you hire an amateur to paint it, it will look like Mattel's does.

Yes, but they won't tweak it!

They said they would tweak their Bruce Lee and unless I'm mistaken, they didn't... or failed.

As for Indy, well the promised tweaks seem to be problematic because so far, no update!

The best post out of the last 100 pages.
I completely agree, this must have for me cause the figure is a beauty. Could it still use an improvement? Sure, the tweaks would no doubt make it quite possibly one of the best ever. But calling the figure a failure because all you see is the inaccuracy instead of it's sheer beauty as a whole is just being outrageous.

?????

That cut is a mess but is good to see some scenes specially the one with Marlon Brando

Now thats to much but for me i feel that the sculpt made by Arnie Kim make this figure look like a toy...it is a toy, dont get me wrong it can be better just need more more more! i jsut dont consider a great figure a toy specially @ 209.00:wink1:

Gonna say, again, that the paint job is an issue with it looking like a "toy". Hand-painted by a professional, it would look entirely different.

There are two events in the Superman 2 that are done by both directors. The Lois Lane rescue and the Superman reveal. I like the Donner version better. seems more thought of, less rushed. I think I saw somewhere that Donner used Superman One to get the characters down to relate to the audience and then Part Two was supposed to be right into the story and action immediately. I think we see that in the Donner cut.
Plus, the Power down scene, also in both cuts, was so much better in Donner's version. Brando's scenes were so much better, a lot of stuff made more sense. You just have to watch it, Darkseed.

The presentation of the beloved Sosa head is inaccurate.

- The flesh tones of the face do not match the tone of the neck.
- It's on a Mattel body. The proportions aren't accurate.
- The suit isn't as form fitting as it could be and the "S" is slightly too big due to the barrel chest.
- The eyes don't have any life to them.

I re-watched 1 and 2 again as well, and.....I think 1 is still the best comic book movie ever made.

I'm calling nostalgia goggles. Though admittedly some might say the same to me about my love for the original Star Wars trilogy and my hatred of the prequels. They'd be wrong but they'd still say it :wink1:

Last edited:

a-dev, I'm disappointed in you son. Though, saying Superman and Superman II are the best comic book movies ever made is a pretty bold statement. Especially considering Batman (I'm not doing that "'89" crap anymore, it's BATMAN) is the best comic book movie ever made.

:monkey3

I'm not taking my nostalgia goggles off.

Is it possible ? No posts in the last 15 minutes ? WORST.THREAD.EVER.

Courtesy of Gretzky99 at toysdaily,

An article from "The Sun" HK newspapers

Excerpts from article,

- Ht had long planned to do CR's Superman but it was only in recent years did Warner started releasing it's licence;
- PERS was initially planned for him but resulting effects were deemed 'average' during production so was reverted back to the usual painted eyes;
- cape is wired;
- No plans for a CK version in the short-term future;
- the initial plan for a light up fortress base was scraped because HT was unsatisfied with the resulting uneven light dispersion.

Those still passing on this, pining over the idea of HT releasing a DX or a Clark must've missed this post. I'm wondering if this might be a oneshot deal like Wolverine.

Hmm. Wonder what "short-term future" means...

Back