1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

I don't think it will be like that. Synder already said this film will be done differently than the likes of 300, Watchmen, Sucker Punch and so on. He said this film will probably be the most he shoots at real locations than he's ever done. And dont forget that he also did Dawn of the Dead (or Land of the Dead or both). Not saying those were great films by him, but they didn't have the constant slow motion shots we've gotten with his more event and comicbook oriented films

Awwwwww.....

But I was looking forward to a 300 Superman :crying

Oh well, I'll just make believe that King Leonidas is Superman when i'm watching 300, he already has a red cape, i'll just squint and make believe there is an S on his chest and cape.

Now that I think about it:

Kal-L
King Leonidas

:lol

This thread has gotten really long really fast. Im totally not going back and reading all those pages:lol

Anyway...is anyone else constantly going back and looking at the pics? The more I see it, the more I want it.

As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to have it.

Has there been any confirmation that the FOS base lights up? Its not in the HT specs but its in the sideshow desription...

Ask the Terminator fans. :lol

Honestly, I see this and 89 Bats getting rushed out and all but forgotten by HT once TDKR is released and they go balls deep into producing figures for the movie.

I honestly hope you're right. 1 Superman, Batman and Nicholson's Joker will be plenty for me. I know some will disagree, but I don't need multiples, and I don't need secondary characters.

I honestly hope you're right. 1 Superman, Batman and Nicholson's Joker will be plenty for me. I know some will disagree, but I don't need multiples, and I don't need secondary characters.

Funny, I felt the same way about TDK. :lol

Now, take this sculpt, you can even keep the paint if you like, but remove the S lock and I'm almost positive no one will say it's Reeve!
:(

you must be drinking too much wine.

Well that was unexpected, well done! You have clearly mastered the first stage of your addiction and are ready for the second stage. PM me if you need a sponsor :wave

I need a sponsor for sure. I really have no interest in Supes, though I appreciate the Reeve's version and loved his movies as a kid. I PO'd this b/c I think it will be highly sought after down the road and dramatically increase it's value (like Blade) in the future. :slap

Has there been any confirmation that the FOS base lights up? Its not in the HT specs but its in the sideshow desription...

Originally Posted by aeumuse
Courtesy of Gretzky99 at toysdaily,

An article from "The Sun" HK newspapers

Excerpts from article,

- Ht had long planned to do CR's Superman but it was only in recent years did Warner started releasing it's licence;
- PERS was initially planned for him but resulting effects were deemed 'average' during production so was reverted back to the usual painted eyes;
- cape is wired;
- No plans for a CK version in the short-term future;
- the initial plan for a light up fortress base was scraped because HT was unsatisfied with the resulting uneven light dispersion.

HT was unsatisfied with the resulting uneven light dispersion.

Yup. That's exactly what I was "afraid" (for lack of a better word) of. That kind of thing never quite works properly. I'm sure it would have been kinda-sorta cool but I'm fine without it.

Back