1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

...true, your guess'll be as good as mine, but my speculation wld gear more towards them releasing a separate CK ver. since I suppose Sup's a pretty lucrative property.

I've got mine ordered and I really cannot wait. Blows anything else I am waiting for out of the water. Bring it on!

HT is a master when it comes to painting, they can be masters with their sculpting too... sometimes (Godfather, T2, MJ, Alice...) but sometimes, they fall a little short. :(

Once again, the T2 head is not amongst their masterworks. It too has flaws.

I've pre-ordered because it's the best official release to date. I love the movie and have bought the DC Statue and Bust as well as the Mattel version. I passed on the Cinemaquette because I felt it wasn't spot on enough for over $2500 and I bought the PhilFX 1/4 custom.

https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=72559&page=133

The pics of the Hot Toys Reeve look OK BUT it could and SHOULD be better. As I said it's the best official release so far but it staggers me that people are not demanding more.

Hot Toys have set the bar high with their other releases and their reputation as the best is well deserved. The likeness they have achieved on figures like Johnny Depp and Brad Pitt is amazing. There is no mistaking who it is.

This is what I want for Reeve.

The Photoshop shows they're not far away so I really hope they tweak it and get it 100%. If wanting this perfect makes me a hater or whiner then so-be-it.

I'll happily eat sausages but I'd much prefer steak!!!!

Last edited:

The pics of the Hot Toys Reeve look OK BUT it could and SHOULD be better. As I said it's the best official release so far but it staggers me that people are not demanding more.

Hot Toys have set the bar high with their other releases and their reputation as the best is well deserved. The likeness they have achieved on figures like Johnny Depp and Brad Pitt is amazing. There is no mistaking who it is.

This is what I want for Reeve.

The Photoshop shows they're not far away so I really hope they tweak it and get it 100%. If wanting this perfect makes me a hater or whiner then so-be-it.

I'll happily eat sausages but I'd much prefer steak!!!!

:goodpost:

Ughh... this thread now officially sucks. I'll see you guys when we have the first in-hand pics :wave

Nope.gif

And still,they milk the hell out of the Ironman license,they have made every damn suit plus upgraded versions of earlier releases.So i don't think that's the case either,we are only asking 2 figures from Superman,Supes and Clark,that's it.

Iron Man sells like TDK (arguably better). Reeve's Superman and Keaton's Batman are risks ATM. As I said earlier, expect both to be single releases with TDKR on the horizon and Nolan's Batman being one of their money grabs it's a nobrainer where their attention's gonna be focused.

For all we know, info from the article could already be outdated at time of print, & since Plastic Enemies did hint otherwise, I assume nothing's carved in stone yet.

Plastic Enemies always posts "wouldn't it be cool if they made [insert figure name]" which is responsible for a whole lotta BS from freaks who see the names in English and instantly assume that HT's making the figures when they're just wishlist figures.

And still,they milk the hell out of the Ironman license,they have made every damn suit plus upgraded versions of earlier releases.So i don't think that's the case either,we are only asking 2 figures from Superman,Supes and Clark,that's it.

That I would be okay with... and would buy.

Plastic Enemies always posts "wouldn't it be cool if they made [insert figure name]" which is responsible for a whole lotta BS from freaks who see the names in English and instantly assume that HT's making the figures when they're just wishlist figures.

Dunno how others interpreted theirs, what I read was his response to someone's query in Chinese that the CK ver. is 'coming soon', how true or how 'soon' is anyone's guess.

I am very happy with the sculpt, I think it looks dead on.
Who has the cheapest pre-order price for this?

For something this important (to me anyway) I'm only trusting Sideshow.

Anyway...is anyone else constantly going back and looking at the pics? The more I see it, the more I want it.

Me too! All I see is a figure I was lucky enough to get on pre-order instead of Ebay at like three times the price...and one that gets the top shelf in my collection.

I am very happy with the sculpt, I think it looks dead on.
Who has the cheapest pre-order price for this?

Id go with alteregocomics.com or cornerstorecomics.com

0530-00487-002b3.jpg

WOW.. You could really see his likeness in this shot.. I CAN'T WAIT:impatient:

Me too! All I see is a figure I was lucky enough to get on pre-order instead of Ebay at like three times the price...and one that gets the top shelf in my collection.

Yeah, he's definitely my grail for this year. Did you Pre-order the Exclusive?

please everyone buy this or ht won't consider making gus gorman.

don't make me start a petition naaaah!

Back