1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Are we getting that Fos background like the Tony Stark Mech Test Figure

Could it still use an improvement? Sure, the tweaks would no doubt make it quite possibly one of the best ever. But calling the figure a failure because all you see is the inaccuracy instead of it's sheer beauty as a whole is just being outrageous.

that's how i feel about this figure as well. ht did a damn good job. but i do agree with the recent photoshop manip--- it looked spot-on, whereas, ht's sculpt is very very close, yet can be brought even closer to reeve's likeness. if ht does tweak it, this may well be the figure of the year. or at least the headsculpt of the year.

Hmm, I usually order my Hot Toys figures from Urban Samurai in BC, but the site says they will not be getting the Superman figure as it is US only.:panic:
Hopefully there was just a miscommunication.

Last edited:

Originally Posted by aeumuse
Courtesy of Gretzky99 at toysdaily,

An article from "The Sun" HK newspapers

Excerpts
- No plans for a CK version in the short-term future;

They gotta be freakin kidding?!

We would get along if everybody would just shut up about whether or not it needs "tweaking."

First 100 pages: "Looks awesome! Can't wait to PO :rock"

Page 101: "Just doesn't look like Reeve to me.:dunno"

Next 103 pages: "Are you CRAZY!?!?! It looks PERFECT!!!!!!!"

"Does not!"

"Does too!"

"Does not!"

"Wow, that PS IS purrrfect!"

"Yeah, HT PLZ make it l00k like dis!"

"Shut the hell up, haterz."

It is so annoying. I swear I want to start a separate "Hot Toys Superman _____ing and complaining thread."

This is how it is with EVERY Hot Toys release thread here at SSF. Enjoy your stay. :p

But on topic, this CR Superman. I WILL be buying. If they tweak it to improve the sculpt, cool. Fine by me. Be if they leave it as is, Im still just as happy. :)

:cuckoo:

:slap Easy enough, Timo: THE Predator! :monkey3 :panic:

It's funny, I have the same DVD metal box... :wink1:

Yeah, I know Thierry.
But it´s so darn expensive, man.
How you doin´, my friend?!
Long time no speak.
;)

Thx fellas, glad you like it...
:hi5:

I never drink... wine! (Romanian accent) :nana:

But I stand by what I said

When we had the jaw teaser I thought: "Wow this is going to be a winner!"

But the final reveal is wrong in the upper part of the face. He is cross-eyed and the nose is wrong too!

Now, I'm not saying it's bad and beyond repair, but clearly, it's only the paint job that saves the day.

HT is a master when it comes to painting, they can be masters with their sculpting too... sometimes (Godfather, T2, MJ, Alice...) but sometimes, they fall a little short. Not too far, but short (V1 Joker, Blade, T1's haircut, Indy, Supes...)

Like I said, not bad, but when I saw people bashing the cinemaquette and applauding this, I can't help but think they're HT biased! I even read one post saying "Goodbye Kato and Eric Sosa!" ... well if that isn't being biased...

I don't hate this fig, what I hate is people that like it just because it's a HT product and would bash it if the same product was from EB for example...

... and I'm sure that those same guys only reply will be "EB would never produce something like that!"

So I repeat, when EB released their naked, unnamed fig, everyone said "Jason Bourne" (but started bashing the body before it was even released!). Now this Supes naked would get only a "cool headsculpt" remark...

But enough with this pointless conversation, obviously, as in every thread, there will always be two groups and you can't convince me as I can't convince you! :(

you must be drinking too much wine.

Like I said, not bad, but when I saw people bashing the cinemaquette and applauding this, I can't help but think they're HT biased! I even read one post saying "Goodbye Kato and Eric Sosa!" ... well if that isn't being biased...

Well I was comparing the customs to the infamous Manip, and I am afraid to say they also looked flawed next to it.
I do find you Superman customisers are as biased as us fans of the Hot Toys figure

I think the sculpt look great and can't wait for this fig to be part of my collection.

Originally Posted by aeumuse
Courtesy of Gretzky99 at toysdaily,

An article from "The Sun" HK newspapers

Excerpts from article,

- Ht had long planned to do CR's Superman but it was only in recent years did Warner started releasing it's licence;
- PERS was initially planned for him but resulting effects were deemed 'average' during production so was reverted back to the usual painted eyes;
- cape is wired;
- No plans for a CK version in the short-term future;
- the initial plan for a light up fortress base was scraped because HT was unsatisfied with the resulting uneven light dispersion.

Seriously?!
They made Superman Returns Supes and Clark Kent plus the 2 in 1:dunno

Difference was, they did not take on so many licences (too many if you ask me) like they do now

And still,they milk the hell out of the Ironman license,they have made every damn suit plus upgraded versions of earlier releases.So i don't think that's the case either,we are only asking 2 figures from Superman,Supes and Clark,that's it.

And still,they milk the hell out of the Ironman license,they have made every damn suit plus upgraded versions of earlier releases.So i don't think that's the case either,we are only asking 2 figures from Superman,Supes and Clark,that's it.

Iron Man is the most high profile Superhero at the moment. They are just playing it safe

just a clark kent head with glasses and hat would be ok, we can source a body and suits ourselves

just a clark kent head with glasses and hat would be ok, we can source a body and suits ourselves

Well if we can get a hat to pull down as far as the picture, and find glasses to fit, we can use the Hot Toys Superman head
tumblr_lkeix8UYv81qgmi6y.jpg

For all we know, info from the article could already be outdated at time of print, & since Plastic Enemies did hint otherwise, I assume nothing's carved in stone yet.

For all we know, info from the article could already be outdated at time of print, & since Plastic Enemies did hint otherwise, I assume nothing's carved in stone yet.

Thing is Tomm likes throw out Red herrings all the time

Back