1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Yes, I laughted a lot at this too - even though I'm one of the people it's aimed at. Good fun!

Ironically, the time it took him to put that together was probably twice as long as it took me to put my information together for Hot Toys.

:nana:

hahahaha, the best laugh i had for about a week now. wow, tears came out. brilliant man, really brilliant!

I guess that's why I try not to post here anymore. Obviously, some guys here want to remain in their own private club and have an orgasm each time they read the word HotToys.

So sure, maybe some of us are too obsessive about details (I couldn't care less about the S-shield. The color is wrong anyway, though I admit the boots struck me as inaccurate from the start) but clearly, there seem to be a bunch of guys here whose idea of discussion is "let's all be of the same mind"!

So let's leave the "stepford guys" on their own...

Anyway, there's nothing to talk about before the actual release, so guys, let's leave them alone and wither in their own private paradise!

Over and out...

rainmancollectors.jpg

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl :goodpost:

Man - the level of scrutiny in this thread regarding the figure is profound to say the least! :lol

Admittedly, I can be very picky when it comes to certain things in the collectibles world too, let it be said. However, I must say that at this stage, the figure is not only an adequate representation - but a sensational one.

It's of course the case that anything can be improved upon, but I certainly agree with the point that focusing on the negative aspects of a brilliant figure like this, just kills the fun - & completely misses the point that this is a prototype. I've pre-ordered the piece because it's a wonderful figure. There's no harm in wanting something to be better, but I'm thinking HT won't exactly appreciate being told how to do their job. These guys are talented mofos people, have some faith! :peace

Oh man, you should have seen me at my best during the heyday of HT's Giger's alien release... the amount of data and photographic evidence I threw at them was gargantuan. And I wasn't alone...

One thing about the much vilified dimensions of the logo on Superman's chest though: It being printed or stitched or whatever on the fabric, won't it stretch when the costume is put on the figure anyway? Seems to me it would be nigh impossible to calculate the correct size once it's actually worn.

But anyway, I still find constructive criticism perfectly valid.

Whining about whining :rotfl

Obsessive or not, the man made his point in a very civil and helpful manner, so I believe it should be accepted in a civil manner.
I can understand obsessiveness when looking for accuracy in a character, god knows I've been obsessive about Giger's alien, and while I'm perfectly fine with HT's CR Superman as it is, having it look more accurate seems even better.
So as long as there is no crying and whining, I feel any suggestions towards a better product are very welcome.

:1-1:

Very well said. We need more people like you that can keep their head on straight and be civil even when they have a different opinion.

LMAO!

I don't care who u are. That's funny right there! :rotfl

Funny you added the note in the "letter from Hot Toys" regarding not being an architect designing a house. I AM an architect and I guess that's why my eyes have been trained to scrutinise the finest details and be informative with any suggestions I make.

Yea I found that funny as well :lol

I can understand where you're coming from, though, as I'm an architect as well (well not a licensed one yet but I work in at a firm) and have to say that being so does give you a keen eye for mistakes, but it still doesn't make me "obssessive" about theses figures. But we're two diff ppl with diff ways about collecting so :dunno

But, I have no issue with what "improvements" you've stated (though I like the figure as it is) as I think it was brought up in a very polite way and constructive unlike some who just come in and go "IT'S ALL WRONG!" complaining and whining.

Lej-j-j-j-j-uan

W-O-W!!! Hilarious. Such wit.

Another worthwhile post to add to all your others.

You, Nam, Pixeltwat and a few others really need your own forum, away from all us OCD whiners. Please MODS, give it to them so we don't have to put up with their whining about us whining.

What makes you think that was directed at you?

No - the Hot Toys chest logo is just a "patch" which will be either stitched or stuck ONTO the costume, so it will not stretch. That's why I gave them the dimensions so they could print their "patches" out at the correct size to give an accurate representation of how the logo looked when it was being stretched across Reeve's chest (because the original costume was sewn INTO the costume so it would stretch across his body as he moved). The original chest logo on the unworn costume was approximately 2 inches narrower than when it was being worn!

Chris

Oh man, you should have seen me at my best during the heyday of HT's Giger's alien release... the amount of data and photographic evidence I threw at them was gargantuan. And I wasn't alone...

One thing about the much vilified dimensions of the logo on Superman's chest though: It being printed or stitched or whatever on the fabric, won't it stretch when the costume is put on the figure anyway? Seems to me it would be nigh impossible to calculate the correct size once it's actually worn.

But anyway, I still find constructive criticism perfectly valid.

Obsessive or not, the man made his point in a very civil and helpful manner, so I believe it should be accepted in a civil manner.
I can understand obsessiveness when looking for accuracy in a character, god knows I've been obsessive about Giger's alien, and while I'm perfectly fine with HT's CR Superman as it is, having it look more accurate seems even better.
So as long as there is no crying and whining, I feel any suggestions towards a better product are very welcome.

I agree wholeheartedly. And using measurements/screen shots/etc to constuctively critique a prototype is outstanding!

I'm obsessive with Boba Fett. Extremely so! I love each and every figure and will continue to collect as many as I can, although no one has gotten it right, yet. But it's fun to debate and critique, while happily hoping the next version nails it!

I don't begrudge anyone from wanting a figure to be perfect, ESPECIALLY when that person has done the homework. And it always makes me smile when someone can back up what they're talking about with well thought-out ideas, photos, etc, as martin-el has CLEARLY done.

I believe that it is not obsession, but rather a craftsman's passion.

If Hot Toys incorporates any of your suggestions, we will all be better off.

Bravo to you, martin-el!

OCD shoCD, the sculpt is off, the shoes are off, the S symbols are off.

I'm sticking to my guns :D

I live at SSF. Not just in the DC section. :lol

For the record I don't mind thoughtful and well articulated critiques. It's the over exaggerating and whinging that chafes the thread. You also have to have a sense of humor about such things and the people who make the thoughtful posts seem to be well suited in that area, so :joy.

This is getting tedious, IMO. Don't take so much offense guys. It's a toy forum. State your opinion, and try to be civil about it when folks disagree. If there is more offensive name calling on either side of this "debate," folks are gonna have to sit in the corner in a funny hat.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Igui65gY5M&playnext=1&list=PL67A96C2F07CE1E80"]YouTube - ‪'Macho Man' Randy Savage - OOH YEAH!‬‏[/ame]

I agree wholeheartedly. And using measurements/screen shots/etc to constuctively critique a prototype is outstanding!

I'm obsessive with Boba Fett. Extremely so! I love each and every figure and will continue to collect as many as I can, although no one has gotten it right, yet. But it's fun to debate and critique, while happily hoping the next version nails it!

I don't begrudge anyone from wanting a figure to be perfect, ESPECIALLY when that person has done the homework. And it always makes me smile when someone can back up what they're talking about with well thought-out ideas, photos, etc, as martin-el has CLEARLY done.

I believe that it is not obsession, but rather a craftsman's passion.

If Hot Toys incorporates any of your suggestions, we will all be better off.

Bravo to you, martin-el!

I can certainly appreciate this side of the fence too, because as I've said - I can & have been this way with certain things over the years. I guess the main gist of what a lot of folks are saying though, it's that it's VERY early days. Let's not hit the panic button just yet.

I can certainly appreciate this side of the fence too, because as I've said - I can & have been this way with certain things over the years. I guess the main gist of what a lot of folks are saying though, it's that it's VERY early days. Let's not hit the panic button just yet.

I agree! But it sure is fun, isn't it?!

Just saw the stuff from Devil 666. Wow. Obsessing over those who obsess.

Ah, the internet. That kind of clowning gets you knocked the ____ out in real life. ******.

Back