1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Is it weird to say I'd be more comfortable with them if they were anatomically accurate? The Ken doll crotch freaks me out. :lol

As far as martin-el's blog post goes, a lot of the cosmetic changes such as the boots and whatnot I can understand, because the boots are fairly inaccurate to the original costume.

But when you get down to things like, "The logo needs to be 5.3cm x 3.5 cm", you just need to go outside for a few minutes. I'm serious, man...that's some obsessive ____ right there, and it's unhealthy.

Yeah, I don't care about boot dimensions, but it's incontrovertible that the likeness is an improvement.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

The above should be an emoticon. :lecture

:lol A little smiley that laughs till his lower half falls off would be awesome! :rock

lmao.gif

Let me rephrase my "moron" statement.

There are those who obsess over a license in a way that leads them to collect everything they can, due to a love of the license and characters themselves.

Then there are those who obsess over every small, intricate detail and fly off the damn handle if something is 1.5mm off, a cheekbone isn't high enough, an eyebrow is too thin, etc. etc. etc.

Two completely different types of people, and the first one is just a fanatical collector, and I'm that way with G.I. Joe, Jason and Batman stuff.

The second one is obsessive-compulsive and needs to step the hell away from things for a while and learn to enjoy the hobby again instead of picking apart every single thing that is even minutely wrong with a figure and going ape____ over them.

That better?

Translation: 'If you don't collect the way I do, you're a moron.'

Yeah, I don't care about boot dimensions, but it's incontrovertible that the likeness is an improvement.

That's where I'm at. I don't think anyone can say the suggested changes to the face are less accurate than the prototype, but boot and symbol dimensions being millimeters off I can live with. As long as the symbol isn't puny like on the Superman Returns suit :D

I don't think Martin-el is posting these suggested improvements out of any sense of entitlement; I certainly don't agree with them due to any such feeling, but rather the feeling that it DOES look more accurate. I think he just wants a product he's obviously passionate about to come out as perfect as possible :dunno

Freaks who love the word "Entitlement"...

entrepreneur.jpg

Is it weird to say I'd be more comfortable with them if they were anatomically accurate? The Ken doll crotch freaks me out. :lol

Kinda wierd yeah! The lack of genitals is the reason I feel I can get away with having naked toy men in my collection. Someone was selling nude Arnie figures with genitals on ebay at one point - for some reason the seller was insistent that they be delivered to rather than picked up by any potential buyer.

My attempt to get HT to revise the figure slightly before it goes into production -

https://www.supermania78.com/2011/06/open-letter-to-hot-toys.html

Hope you guys like what you see with the changes...!

Thank you, kind sir, you've just echoed what I've been saying all along, to the annoyance of the 'experts' here, who think that by putting an infarction will do away with what the truth really is :clap:clap:clap:clap:goodpost::exactly:

Thank you, kind sir, you've just echoed what I've been saying all along, to the annoyance of the 'experts' here, who think that by putting an infarction will do away with what the truth really is :clap:clap:clap:clap:goodpost::exactly:

:dunno:dunno:dunno

Unless you mean "infraction". like the ones you received for being a total dou... erm, I mean overly opinionated and repetitious.

Let me rephrase my "moron" statement.

There are those who obsess over a license in a way that leads them to collect everything they can, due to a love of the license and characters themselves.

Then there are those who obsess over every small, intricate detail and fly off the damn handle if something is 1.5mm off, a cheekbone isn't high enough, an eyebrow is too thin, etc. etc. etc.

Two completely different types of people, and the first one is just a fanatical collector, and I'm that way with G.I. Joe, Jason and Batman stuff.

The second one is obsessive-compulsive and needs to step the hell away from things for a while and learn to enjoy the hobby again instead of picking apart every single thing that is even minutely wrong with a figure and going ape____ over them.

That better?

A little better. But there are those that are a combo of the above - i want anything and everything from Nolan Batman - and I want it bloody accurate :wink1:

Yeah I've seen the pics. Gotta say I'm a little uncomfortable with the naked ones.

Awww man those are my centrepieces! :lol

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

The measurements were supplied to make sure they scaled the artwork I provided to the correct size and proportions. Nothing obsessive about it - just clarifying what size they needed to print the damn artwork. Man, I think YOU need to get some fresh air if an honest attempt at trying to improve the end product bugs you this much!!!

It's not bewildering to use measurements, it's bewildering that you're obsessive enough to measure down to the damn centimeter what size the S should be on a Superman figure. It's a sign that someone needs to seek help and get some fresh air.

As far as the Iron Man and Terminator reference...I've never been anything but happy with my IM and T2 purchases, because I don't scrutinize everything down to the millimeter. I enjoy the figure for what it is...a figure of a character I enjoyed in a movie/comic. A very well-made one, albeit not perfect. Nothing will ever be perfect. If I sit and obsess over the little things that may be wrong with something, I'll never enjoy it. I choose to enjoy life, not pick apart its flaws.

And I also choose to ignore most Marvel threads and every Terminator thread, because they're populated by obsessive morons as well.

The only thing bugging me is that the wrist joints are always showing so far, almost as if the suit is slightly too short.

If you disregard the seam between the hand and the ball joint the suit's arm length actually does look correct (to me at least).

Modified
htsuperman.jpg

I think the problem is, when looking at the ball joint and the separation between the hand and the joint the natural assumption is "Hand/Wrist". But the HT hands are sculpted to kinda blend in with the ball joint so some of that joint is actually supposed to be some of the hand as well (top part of the hand that flows into the wrist). If that makes sense!? :lol

Yeah i think the sleeve length is right - but yes the showing joint is annoying - can get around it with Enterbay Bruce Lee style joints/hands though LOL

Devil_666 is correct. And I had the same thought.

Personally, I would like the sleeves a little longer to conceal the joint even though it wouldn't be screen accurate. It's a minor nit though.

Translation: 'If you don't collect the way I do, you're a moron.'

Not exactly. My opinion on people who go nuts over the smallest of things like a logo being a centimeter off won't change. There's a difference between being a collector and being Rain Man.

The measurements were supplied to make sure they scaled the artwork I provided to the correct size and proportions. Nothing obsessive about it - just clarifying what size they needed to print the damn artwork. Man, I think YOU need to get some fresh air if an honest attempt at trying to improve the end product bugs you this much!!!

It is obsessive. Sorry.

I really hope HT is using threads made from transwoven interweaved nylonic polymorphonucleated material on this figure :tap

Last edited:

Obsessive or not, the man made his point in a very civil and helpful manner, so I believe it should be accepted in a civil manner.
I can understand obsessiveness when looking for accuracy in a character, god knows I've been obsessive about Giger's alien, and while I'm perfectly fine with HT's CR Superman as it is, having it look more accurate seems even better.
So as long as there is no crying and whining, I feel any suggestions towards a better product are very welcome.

Heart-Attack1.jpg

Take that, truth-sayer!

Back