1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

After BBTS have said they can't confirm whether this figure will be available through them to international customers (but to keep my order anyway?!) I went ahead and ordered the exclusive through SS. Sorry BBTS, I luvs ya, but wtf?

Have brought nothing to the Dexter table. Sorry.

After seeing how much the SM figure was "tweaked", i have no worries about this figure. I would buy if it looked exactly as is though.

Your acronym lost me. Which one is the "SM" figure?

SnakeDoc

SM refers to Spida-Man.

After seeing how much the SM figure was "tweaked", i have no worries about this figure. I would buy if it looked exactly as is though.

I know I'll get called an OCD ****** for this post but anyway......

I've just seen the pics of the Batman/Bruce Wayne figure and Holy Moly!!!!!

That is impressive and with a whole lot of extras. I know Batman is a big franchise and the Reeve Superman was 30 years ago now, but every time I see pics of a new release like Batman, Captain America and Goblin the more I can't help being pis_ed about the quality of the Reeve proto. Why are these sculpts so bang on, yet Reeve and Indy (two of the most iconic actors and characters of all time IMHO) are well short of the accuracy in these other figures. I'm interested to know how others feel each time they see a new figure released. Somebody posted somewhere that we expect too much from HT and should lower our expectations. But they seem to be raising the bar higher with each new release except the Reeve and Indy. Should we feel short changed or is it just me being an incessant OCD crybaby.(Again)

Last edited:

Isn't Arnie Kim sculpting Supes & Indy :D

That is impressive and with a whole lot of extras. I know Batman is a big franchise and the Reeve Superman was 30 years ago now, but every time I see pics of a new release like Batman, Captain America and Goblin the more I can't help being pis_ed about the quality of the Reeve proto. Why are these sculpts so bang on, yet Reeve and Indy (two of the most iconic actors and characters of all time IMHO) are well short of the accuracy in these other figures. I'm interested to know how others feel each time they see a new figure released. Somebody posted somewhere that we expect too much from HT and should lower our expectations. But they seem to be raising the bar higher with each new release except the Reeve and Indy. Should we feel short changed or is it just me being an incessant OCD crybaby.(Again)

I'm going to agree with you before the insults start flying. Time to drop it though. Your point is made.

Ahhh, but what a trick it is :D

15318d1294238125-new-bruce-lee-action-figures-announced-bruce-lee-head-sculpt_photo-arnie-kim_2.jpg

Hot Toys have tweaked the figure!

Here it is...

View attachment 36681

This may have been discussed already but I'm not reading back through nearly 300 pages to find the answers. If I get slammed then my bad.
SO has anything been said or shown with regards to the packaging? I've read that HT have done some really nice, classy packaging and some not so good. If tweaks/alterations are made to a proto do they inform people? or is it a case of pre-order then wait and see?

OK, how many people have posted on the boards about how great they think this figure is. You don't seem to have a problem or a comment about them repeating the same ____ over and over again. I don't see you challenging them about their inalienable sense of entitlement to harp on and on and on and on about how fantastic they think this is.

So as long as what's posted mirrors your opinion and point of view you're happy for it to be posted over and over again?

If you want a topic change PO to another thread - If you can't handle the truth about this less than great figure don't read the posts.
This isn't to the standard that people have come to expect from HT. The likeness is off and on other HT figures it's far better. People want to DISCUSS their disappointment. The only incessant crybabies are the people (like you) who p__s and moan about people having an opinion different to yours.

I'm with you!!!!!

No excuses Hot Toys - FIX crossed-eyed Tom Cruise Superman and make him 100% Reeve or else I'll, I'll, I'll - only buy one.

Being a newbie these might seem like stupid questions but I'll take my chances and ask anyway.

Is it common for Hot Toys to modify after they have released prototype pics?

If they do tweak the figure, do they release final product pics before pre-orders are shipped out?

Does anyone know for sure how the pre-orders are going with this? Has it exploded or is all the excitement just insular to a few threads?

I remember the cinemaquette and the hype around that and their orders didn't go much above 200 worldwide from what I've read.

I've also read posts that it's the highest pre-order in HT history - is this confirmed? or is it just someone getting crazy?

My questions relate to the possibility that it could be revisited in the future as a DX. If it falls below expected or required sales then this might be the one and only chance to get it close to perfect (more than it is now) If a few minor tweaks get it spot on then I want it done.

Also with the new Superman film on its way the focus by Hot Toys, Warner Bros. and anyone else involved will be promoting the new film and merchandise line for the next generation.

I can't help but think that after DC direct, Cinemaquette, Mattel and now Hot Toys - companies will be ready to move on to a new Superman.

OK - In the last few pages I've read that the cape is likely a proto and could change, the boots are likely protos and could be improved and the head sculpt could/will be tweaked.

If this is the case then how much different will the in-hand piece be to the proto?

This will be my first Hot Toys figure so I'm not sure what to expect. From what I've read in this thread it sounds like there is still a lot of work and changes goes into the figure after the proto pics are revealed.

If Pre-Order numbers are down, or up, will it dictate possible changes/improvements made to a figure.

ie. Low Pre-Order Sales - Market not interested so leave figure as is and move on OR market not buying so need to improve aspects of the figure.

High Pre-Order Sales - People happy with proto so no changes/leave AS-IS.

On previous releases, how much did they change from the proto?

record_player.jpg

I just showed my girlfriend the photos for this figure and she asked "Why am I looking at a photo of Christopher Reeve?"

Love it!

So you showed her the photoshopped pics? :D

LOL I showed her the ones straight from SSC. She was very impressed.

LOL I showed her the ones straight from SSC. She was very impressed.
Yeah Hot Toys is pretty :cool: For characters that I'm interested in, Hot Toys seem to be doing a good job :D I have Superman, Spiderman, IM V, IM IV (Secret Project), IM II Unleashed (might cancel this), & Captain America on pre order. The New Goblin seems to be done well also, but maybe I'll save that pre order slot for something else :D

They have a few previously released figures that I wouldn't mind owning, but the prices on those are ridiculous right now. Why Blade why? :thud:

Whistler makes it difficult to reasonably locate Blade

Yet his illegitimate daughter is floating around & can be bought for less than retail :slap

Back