1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

He says on the delivery Estimated between Wed. Aug. 3 and Tue. Aug. 16.

I think tonycheung knows someone who works at Hot toys or something im sure i read that somewhere.

Interesting.

Wonder if he really will pull it off. Be nice to see some in hand pictures.

I've never known him to be wrong. Whenever he says. 'in stock will ship next week' the figure has always come out the next week. I've never seen him foresee this far into the future before but if he does know someone at HT then you never know.

He's 1 of the few guys on ebay who get some a month early via the actual hot toys shop before any retail or online shops get any. If that's the case we should be getting them elsewhere mid to late september hopefully.

He's 1 of the few guys on ebay who get some a month early via the actual hot toys shop before any retail or online shops get any. If that's the case we should be getting them elsewhere mid to late september hopefully.

I thought it was due to ship in late nov early dec?

If true, probably see HK sellers selling with 350$+ in a month.

Wasnt there a guy a couple of months ago claiming he had the Tracker pred ready to ship? This is probably just a scam trying to fill POs.

I know the movie was complete garbage, but do you think Hot Toys might make the Drunk/Evil Superman from Superman III? That would be the ____!

Maybe as a Comicon Exclusive next year?

I know the movie was complete garbage, but do you think Hot Toys might make the Drunk/Evil Superman from Superman III? That would be the ____!

Maybe as a Comicon Exclusive next year?

Hah! That's a pretty good idea. I doubt an official release would happen, but I could definitely see people doing customs. Custom evil Supes with custom Kent choking him :rock

Hah! That's a pretty good idea. I doubt an official release would happen, but I could definitely see people doing customs. Custom evil Supes with custom Kent choking him :rock

I'd buy they figure. Superman III is trash, but I confess to loving the drunk superman.

just thought i'd share this link if anybody wants to buy a superman from a good seller and at good prices:

https://shop.ebay.com/generalmacarthur/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Personally, I don't like buying anything off of EBay that has such an advanced release date. Sure the Seller has 100% feedback, but one wouldn't have recourse if he stiffed them (EBay only allows 45 days to report a claim).

Personally, I don't like buying anything off of EBay that has such an advanced release date. Sure the Seller has 100% feedback, but one wouldn't have recourse if he stiffed them (EBay only allows 45 days to report a claim).

Exactly what has always put me off. Recently did with the new phicen bodies and all was good but it was a us seller and it's still a minorly unpleasant experience

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about licensing?

I've read posts about possible future figures eg Clark Kent, 2 in 1, DX and am curious about how licensing works. Who own the license for this figure - is it Warners, DC, The Reeve family or all of these?

I'm curious because looking at the Mattel product range they have Reeve, Hackman and Stamp. Are they representations of the characters they play; therefore making the image/likeness the property of the studio or is their image solely theirs.

Does anyone know if HT have a license to cover all characters from the movie (allowing them to revisit Brando say and others) or is the license for/from The Reeve family.

After 30 years have any of the ownership or rights changed?

It seems like for 30 years there was nothing and all of a sudden DC, Mattel, Hot Toys and Hollywood Collectibles are producing licensed figures and busts.

Last edited:

Warner/DC owns the character. Reeve Estate owns Christopher Reeve likness.

Some movies have the actors likeness rights for merchandise in the contracts. Most of those are for a certain amount of time though.

might have been mentioned before but...

This figure NEEDS WIRE IN THE CAPE!!!!!

i don't see any mention on the specs. Batman doesnt fly, so no need for a wire in the cape but HT really photshop the hell or of the preview pics.

htsupermanpr9.jpg

Not only is this pose not available with the stands provided but the Cape will drop down and droop around his knees, so even if you got him in this pose with a different stand the cape will fall and not look like he's flying.

Any news on this?

Back