1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Looks fantastic...these pics look better than the HT promos...I'm really excited about this.

The pics and video from SDCC look fantastic and I actually think the lighting in a couple of close-ups allows more detail to be seen than in the official pics.

My questions are......

1)If this is on display at Comic Con does it mean it's final (with no tweaks) and is now in production for a 4th quarter delivery?

2)From the video has the Indy sculpt been improved - Looked better from what I could see.

3)How is it that 89 Joker is a DX and Superman Reeve isn't? WTF

Last edited:

Forgive my ignorance, especially since I've already PO'd, but does Supes come with the Fortress of Solitude stand pictured at SDCC?

Yep, he does. Looks fantastic, HT is really making the DC Collectors happy, those are 3 of their best figures on display together, not to mention that freaking Batmobile. I didn't intend it, but looks like my collection's back to being DC/HT-only. Everything else is out in favor of these.

@Camac
It's apparent that the Batman line was upgraded, as the original license announcement was for standard MMS. I read that Superman was downgraded because HT didn't like the results when they saw the figure with PERS, but part of me still wonders if it didn't have something to do with them wanting to get this figure out and not having Kent gear ready.

PERS isn't necessary on every single figure and only adds to their fragility anyway. :monkey1

Superman looks flippen amazing in those pics!! They got good ones with the base lit up on Facebook!

Even more excited about this guy now!

I finally pre-ordered this figure. Those pics look amazing.

How is this not sold out on Sideshow?

Because HT is on the way down. When there is $$$$ to be made they will sell so many of these figures that the value will go down. Which sucks because I'm not trying to pay rent with these figures but I can't afford them at $209 a pop. Only incentive is if I do buy and decide to sell later I can at least get most if not all my money back. Those days are gone now. Collectors item my @ss!! More like m@ss production.

Superman looks flippen amazing in those pics!! They got good ones with the base lit up on Facebook!

could you post them here? there are so many ppl commenting on their page I can't seem to find them

Because HT is on the way down. When there is $$$$ to be made they will sell so many of these figures that the value will go down. Which sucks because I'm not trying to pay rent with these figures but I can't afford them at $209 a pop. Only incentive is if I do buy and decide to sell later I can at least get most if not all my money back. Those days are gone now. Collectors item my @ss!! More like m@ss production.

yikes .

nom-o.gif

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, no.

Joker with pistols, gas mask, radio, money, cards, hat and ____ING CHATTERING TEETH vs Superman with a nice pretty north pole base and a translucent pole to stick up his ass.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Nah, just kidding. GETTIN BOTH! :yess:

DX doesn't even matter. I sort of wish Joker wasn't a DX. I hate PERS even though it looks seamless for the Joker. Superman and The Joker are pretty much on par with each other and yet one is a DX and the other is not. I know it's been said over and over again, but lets look at T-1000. That figure came with so much goodies, and alternate clothes and a second head. Other than a base and googly eyes, it was definitely "DX worthy". But it wasn't.

Who cares if Superman isn't a DX? Unless you want to be able to turn his eyes and want a dumb base that isn't the Fortress of Solitude.

Am I the only person who thinks the base would have been better if it were more balanced? I would rather have the figure stand/fly at the center and have the crystal spares crisscross behind him. I'm not 100% on if I will use the base provided.

I haven't really thought about it until now tbh but i kinda like the big bunch of crystals.

I was one of the guys who rather liked that photoshop that was endlessly requoted but if the figure comes to us as above I'll be satisfied enough. Its pretty clear who that is, its an excellent sculpt.

Back