1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

That shot does look particularly great. Anybody know what the deal is with the big gap in his neck that's seen on the video? Before everybody jumps my ass I realize it won't be there in the final product, but just wondering if anybody knew what its purpose was in the proto.

I just watched Pitu's video from were the above pic was taken. Zero doubt that is C Reeves. HT nailed the 3 DC figures shown... amazing

That shot does look particularly great. Anybody know what the deal is with the big gap in his neck that's seen on the video? Before everybody jumps my ass I realize it won't be there in the final product, but just wondering if anybody knew what its purpose was in the proto.

:dunno bugger knows. Whatever it is it goes beyond just being a 'seam' on that prototype, more like a miniature canyon! Doesn't matter really, its got to be a given that it won't be there on the final figure.

:dunno bugger knows. Whatever it is it goes beyond just being a 'seam' on that prototype, more like a miniature canyon! Doesn't matter really, its got to be a given that it won't be there on the final figure.

Let's hope you are right man becuse I would be pretty angry if they'll let that big line on his neck ..:gah:

I don't know if this has been brought up or not, but I guess all these new pics confirms there is a wire in the cape.

Am I the only person who thinks the base would have been better if it were more balanced? I would rather have the figure stand/fly at the center and have the crystal spares crisscross behind him. I'm not 100% on if I will use the base provided.

I won't be using the stand anyway. You'll lose a detolf shelf if you do.

I don't know if this has been brought up or not, but I guess all these new pics confirms there is a wire in the cape.

Old news. :wave

I was one of the guys who rather liked that photoshop that was endlessly requoted but if the figure comes to us as above I'll be satisfied enough. Its pretty clear who that is, its an excellent sculpt.

I was also a fan of the photoshop improvements and have to say that the recent pics do look great. I'm still hoping there will be some minor tweaking to get it even closer to perfect, but as it has been pointed out by others I have OCD with regards to this figure. Regardless I'll still be very satisfied with it as is.

The only thing that is eating at me is how many to get. I'm not confident they'll revisit this in the future as a DX with a new Superman on the way as well as all the other licenses they have coming including Star Wars. If it hasn't sold out as mentioned then I might get another one on PO because the resale on even the Routh SR figure is well above original retail price.

What do you experienced collectors think?

Last edited:

I think this guy will go for easily $350 plus in the aftermarket, better get as many as you need now.

I was also a fan of the photoshop improvements and have to say that the recent pics do look great. I'm still hoping there will be some minor tweaking to get it even closer to perfect, but as it has been pointed out by others I have OCD with regards to this figure. Regardless I'll still be very satisfied with it as is.

I think they'll release it exactly as is. I don't think theres enough of a call for changes with this guy unlike Indiana Jones where the emotion for that figure is almost exclusively major disappointment - and it remains to be seen if even that will get changes.

I'm pretty OCD about Schwarzennegger sculpts. A lot of people think the HT ones are perfect where I see a problem with that squashed face thing. So I can understand where you're coming from on this with the desire for that extra bit of perfection that other people just don't seem to need.

I don't think the Arnie sculpts are perfect.. but I think they're pretty damn close. :dunno

Reeve Supes is another figure that seems to be close, but some feel that HT weren't trying hard enough. I think it's a killer figure as is - & I thought I was fairly anally retentive.. but obviously some feel let down regardless. Can't please everyone..

I don't think the Arnie sculpts are perfect.. but I think they're pretty damn close. :dunno

Reeve Supes is another figure that seems to be close, but some feel that HT weren't trying hard enough. I think it's a killer figure as is - & I thought I was fairly anally retentive.. but obviously some feel let down regardless. Can't please everyone..

I've seen a few times in this thread people using the T-800 as a yardstick of perfection they wish this figure had achieved. I've felt like saying each time - "erm, no. Not quite. Its great and the likeness is undeniable but its technically no more 'perfect' than the Reeve sculpt".

But anyway thats long-dead horse to be beating now.

Lookin great!

su.jpg

Joker > Superman?

:huh

PUT THE CRACK PIPE DOWN!

Am I the only person who thinks the base would have been better if it were more balanced? I would rather have the figure stand/fly at the center and have the crystal spares crisscross behind him. I'm not 100% on if I will use the base provided.

I think the base looks good although I was hoping that the figure would be able to be posed standing on the base. The proto pic with the figure standing (hands/fists on hips) looks really tight with one of the feet overhanging the base. The other standing pose uses the black stand and the base becomes a background. No biggie for me though.

Wow, I didn't even notice that. :horror

IMG_9451.JPG

Look like the same snaps HT used on Scarecrow. :slap

Interesting they did that. I wonder if it's really necessary to keep the cape in place. Or even if they could have come up with a less bulky solution. Maybe just a simple tiny stitch that can be undone if you wanted to?

The shadowing in some of the pics of Sups have given the impression of cross-eyed-ness, but this pic gets rid of any concerns I had.

Can't wait for this figure.

Being my first HT I'm just wondering how close the production pieces are to the proto in quality. Are they spot on or is there a drop in quality?

Is each one hand painted?

If they're gonna use those buttons, do they have to be so close to the front of the cape so that they're so easy to see?

Being my first HT I'm just wondering how close the production pieces are to the proto in quality. Are they spot on or is there a drop in quality?

Generally speaking, the quality goes UP from proto to production on Hot Toys figures.

I'm not sure if they are hand-painted or not.

The heads are.

Back