1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

It is a reputation thing. Just like we know what you are going to post before you post it. You are not nice and sarcastic. Sideshow ships poorly.

I've never had any issue with UPS. Maybe your carrier just doesn't like you. :huh

Psh, don't front, you dirtbag! :tap :lol

:lol:lol:lol Not sure how something that hasn't shipped yet can be deemed poor.

I think it may be referring to how Sideshow just slaps a label on the shipper, unless you email them and pay more for extra protection.

I think it may be referring to how Sideshow just slaps a label on the shipper, unless you email them and pay more for extra protection.

Other places (like Fanboy Collectibles) offers that protection for free.

Other places (like Fanboy Collectibles) offers that protection for free.

These have to be the lamest posts in this thread. They're called shippers for a reason. If you expect them protected, you should pay extra. Just because some little Mickey Mouse hole in the wall double-boxes for free to scrounge your business, doesn't mean Sideshow has to. BBTS, one of the biggest, also charges a premium.

5 years ago, nobody gave two ____s or a ____ about shippers. It's just this new, OCD nitpicking crowd that does.

These have to be the lamest posts in this thread. They're called shippers for a reason. If you expect them protected, you should pay extra. Just because some little Mickey Mouse hole in the wall double-boxes for free to scrounge your business, doesn't mean Sideshow has to. BBTS, one of the biggest, also charges a premium.

5 years ago, nobody gave two ____s or a ____ about shippers. It's just this new, OCD nitpicking crowd that does.

Another Sideshow Fanboy trolling the threads

The fact that you're even bothering to argue over it at all is pretty pathetic :dunno But I don't know why I would expect otherwise.

The fact that you're even bothering to argue over it at all is pretty pathetic :dunno But I don't know why I would expect otherwise.

Condemning a company because you're so much the princess that you need a mint shipper and they won't double-box for free and eat the extra shipping is some serious entitlement douchery.

cant believe people are arguing over a box!!
i haven't bought it from sideshow simple because with custom fees etc i would be paying about £20 for the exclusive and i dont want it that much

As long as the figure box doesn't come damaged I'm fine. This and Cap are my first orders from SS (I usually go through CSC) so I'm hoping that my figure's box comes perfect. I could careless about the shipper box.

I could see being wary of the figure just being shipped in the shipper . . . I've seen some pretty rough treatment of packages by UPS, and damage to the shipper could easily translate into damage to the box itself, since there's not a whole lot of padding there.

I could see being wary of the figure just being shipped in the shipper . . . I've seen some pretty rough treatment of packages by UPS, and damage to the shipper could easily translate into damage to the box itself, since there's not a whole lot of padding there.

That's not what they're _____ing about. They're _____ing about the shippers not being mint, hence the "slap a label right on the shipper" remark, like pricetags on cardbacks. :monkey1

They're called "shippers" for a reason. :lol

That's not what they're _____ing about. They're _____ing about the shippers not being mint, hence the "slap a label right on the shipper" remark. :monkey1

They're called "shippers" for a reason. :lol

No, that was exactly what I was talking about. Sorry I wasn't clear. I've read post of damage not just to the HT box, but the actually figure. I don't have any use for a Mint shipper or even a mint HT box as I open my figures and don't have any intention of selling them. My concern is for the figure alone. I do order exclusive from SS and just hope the gorilla delivering it doesn't damage it. But most of my HT come from Alter Ego.

Yeah, I didn't get the impression that people were dying for mint shippers . . .

No, that was exactly what I was talking about. Sorry I wasn't clear. I've read post of damage not just to the HT box, but the actually figure. I don't have any use for a Mint shipper or even a mint HT box as I open my figures and don't have any intention of selling them. My concern is for the figure alone. I do order exclusive from SS and just hope the gorilla delivering it doesn't damage it. But most of my HT come from Alter Ego.

If the art box ever comes damaged, Sideshow will replace it for free. Their customer service is phenomenal compared to anybody else in the industry.

But there's another trend requiring shippers to be in mint condition. I get messages about it all the time on ebay from buyers asking if the shipper's included and if it's in "mint condition."

The shipper is a means of identifying real statues (and the lack of one for bootlegs), but somewhere that got translated to figures - which I will never understand. :lol

Another Sideshow Fanboy trolling the threads

848274.jpg

I don't think anyone has said that other than you.

Back