1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

You know, Christopher Reeve's image is starting to scare me. It's not just the headsculpts (BobbyC, Mattel, Hot Toys, Arnie Kim etc.) it's the actual photos of Reeve himself too. I'm not kidding either. I feel uncomfortable when I see images of him now for some reason. I might cancel this figure.

Yes His Face Does Make Me Feel Uncomfortable Sometimes, But Not Enough For Me To Cancel My Pre-Order

You know, Christopher Reeve's image is starting to scare me. It's not just the headsculpts (BobbyC, Mattel, Hot Toys, Arnie Kim etc.) it's the actual photos of Reeve himself too. I'm not kidding either. I feel uncomfortable when I see images of him now for some reason. I might cancel this figure.

Care to elaborate?

:horror

Thats an amazing sculpt!!!

But i doubt that hot toys will switch the old sculpt for this.

Lol, Talk about being negative.
Why Not? I believe a while back when everyone was going crazy about likeness and someone even posted on Arnie Kim's FB, I think he acknowledged that it could use some change.
So him posting this, he's acknowledging that the changes was needed.
Why would he even bother posting this if he has no intention of changing the sculpt? :lol
I was already happy with the original, but this is definitely quite an improvement so I'm even happier.

Care to elaborate?

I don't know, it just started to happen all of the sudden. I don't think it's because he's no longer with us because I haven't felt this way before. There's just something creepy about his image to me now. Too much exposure to his image?

It's creeping me out and distracting.

Arnie Kim just posted this on Facebook:

Looks a lot better than the one on the HT figure to me. Hopefully they'll change it still :dunno

323190_2288970071308_1460645150_2676292_430494_o.jpg

If they don't change the first sculpt at all I'm still going to get it... because it was good.

...but this one is better.

I don't know, it just started to happen all of the sudden. I don't think it's because he's no longer with us because I haven't felt this way before. There's just something creepy about his image to me now. Too much exposure to his image?

It's creeping me out and distracting.

Hmm weird, haven't heard of that happening to anyone before.. Maybe it's the stare he has in his pics looking at the camera

So with a sculpt being made for Reeve already and we know Hot Toys likes to do multiple versions as con exclusives and so on. Does anyone think we may see the Superman 3 Dark version down the road? Maybe Comic con next year or some other time?

files.php

Arnie's new sculpt just plain rocks. I hope it's final...!

Now, that's what I'm talking about! Not the crap they've given us so far!

If they go with this one it will be a MASTERPIECE!!!!!:clap:clap:clap

Please, God, let them use this sculpt, please!!!! :pray::pray:

Looks a lot better than the one on the HT figure to me. Hopefully they'll change it still :dunno

Those of you who were having a go at us "nitpickers" "hard to please types" and saying we needed our eyes checked just have a look at this sculpt ^^^

We just wanted it to look like this!:dunno ..i think we got our wish!:yess:

It speaks volumes that Arnie himself felt the need to not only sculpt this version but to share it - he knows the original had massive room for improvement and it shows, it'd be a shame if the final figure didn't receive this upgrade

I doubt too as it's pretty late for that... but they can postpone this as long as they want if they give us this!

... and there's hope. Wasn't there some HT official (can't remember who and in what thread) that Indy and Supes were still being tweaked? Maybe that's the tweak. If so, kudos to HT! :clap:clap:clap

:horror

Thats an amazing sculpt!!!

But i doubt that hot toys will switch the old sculpt for this.

It speaks volumes that Arnie himself felt the need to not only sculpt this version but to share it - he knows the original had massive room for improvement and it shows, it'd be a shame if the final figure didn't receive this upgrade

If i were him i wouldn't show it unless i was guaranteed it would be used for the figure.

Something tells me it will be for a DX figure, next year... :(

... yet, there's hope because showing the sculpt today doesn't mean it was finished today. This gem could be in production as we speak and the picture just released today!

If i were him i wouldn't show it unless i was guaranteed it would be used for the figure.

Why not? ..they hired the man for a reason!:dunno

Lol, Talk about being negative.
Why Not? I believe a while back when everyone was going crazy about likeness and someone even posted on Arnie Kim's FB, I think he acknowledged that it could use some change.
So him posting this, he's acknowledging that the changes was needed.
Why would he even bother posting this if he has no intention of changing the sculpt? :lol
I was already happy with the original, but this is definitely quite an improvement so I'm even happier.

Trust me i wish hot toys would use this head instead, but its going to take alot of work. If they use this head, then they would have wasted alot of money. Imagine how many heads they have made so far. Probably thousands. If they were to use the new head then superman will be delayed probably a month or two, and it will cost them more money.

I dunno :dunno

Honestly if this head isn't used I'll cancel my order I think because it all but confirms there will be a better version released later DX or not

Then again not sure!

We've only seen the prototype thus far. So the body could be in production (the neck seems to be pretty similar), the costume and accessories too.

As for the hs, nothing tells us that this new head isn't the one being manufactured at the moment.

Man, just when I was trying to question myself about not seeing Reeve in their sculpt, they show us that which comforts me in my opinion!

Trust me i wish hot toys would use this head instead, but its going to take alot of work. If they use this head, then they would have wasted alot of money. Imagine how many heads they have made so far. Probably thousands. If they were to use the new head then superman will be delayed probably a month or two, and it will cost them more money.

I dunno :dunno

THIS is what it should have been from the get go. Nice work Arnie.

I can live with the costume innacuracies if the production version has this head sculpt instead of the other flawed version that many of us "complained" about.

Makes that first version look like a "Medicom" sculpt in comparison. This is MUCH, much better. Thanks Hot Toys for listening to the fans!

Last edited:

With you there. I'm also cancelling my PO if HT doesn't use this sculpt instead of the original one.

Back