1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

PSmod.jpg

Holy Galafianakis !!! Hot Toys are you seeing this ? HUH !? All it needed was eyes made larger, mouth widened, fat face gone and them stupid Spock like eyebrows sorted ! In our anger of a mediocre sculpt we photoshopped this beauty for you, now use it to make changes !!!

Good to see all the regular Blowers are still banging on about how great this is and how they can't wait to get it (oh yeah - and how accurate they think it is) ....etc,etc,etc.

Fingers crossed they made some tweaks!

Yeah not saying I'm not guilty of it in fact I know I'm amongst the chief offenders of the 'whining' but fact is I tell it how I see it - if it doesn't look good to me it doesn't look up to scratch to me then I'll say it and conversely if it looks amazing to me I'll praise it, simples

Well said!

PSmod.jpg

Good to see all the regular Blowers are still banging on about how great this is and how they can't wait to get it (oh yeah - and how accurate they think it is) ....etc,etc,etc.

Fingers crossed they made some tweaks!

It's quite sad that people like you keep referring to that washed out prototype picture.
Let me show you how it really looks (I won't resort to name calling like you have)

su.jpg

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
246758_203084089733803_162643873777825_517712_2018656_n.jpg

That toy show pic look's exactly the same as the proto pic to me!:dunno

For me when I see that photoshop I go 'damn, that does look better' but then I see one of the 'in person' expo pics and everything is fine again. :dunno

For me when I see that photoshop I go 'damn, that does look better' but then I see one of the 'in person' expo pics and everything is fine again. :dunno

Same for me. In hand this will look awesome for sure. I like the shopped pic but both it and the proto are blown up to 1/2 scale. At 1/6 on the shelf he'll be unmistakeable as Reeve.

You can't see how much more defined it looks in that comic con photo? Seriously?

Yea dino after a second look I do see the comic-con photo having a bit more facial features to it while the proto pic is more smooth looking.

Pee Wee's Big Adventure
Edward Scissorhands
Beetlejuice
Ed Wood
Mars Attacks!
Sleepy Hollow

I haven't really seen anything since Sleepy Hollow. I think the best piece of work he was involved in was James & The Giant Peach.

Wow, you put Pee Wee at the top of the list?

Also, Nightmare Before Christmas > James & The Giant Peach.

Both are good though.

It's quite sad that people like you keep referring to that washed out prototype picture.
Let me show you how it really looks (I won't resort to name calling like you have)

:goodpost: :clap :clap :clap

Can't wait to own that!

That toy show pic look's exactly the same as the proto pic to me!:dunno

No.

And I suspect you don't really believe that.

His cheek bones disappeared in the proto pics, along with other features - due to lighting. With natural shadowing he looks completely different, and that's how he'll look on your shelf.

See this?
19154d1306409980-mms152-superman-ht_superman_pr6.jpg

It really doesn't look like this in person. (I'm done. Talk to you folks when this thing is released)

Exactly. It may well be the very same sculpt as the proto pics but 'in person' viewing angles and lighting seems to make it look better and more like Reeve.

Let just blame the promotion department from HT then.....:lecture
I still think there a lot of room and time for improvement, but we will see it in version 2.0 :slap

attachment.php

Back