1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that there's a glaring similarity between Arnie Kim's custom, and the newly tweaked Superman sculpt? :monkey1

Anyone else now think his neck is too thin

Reeve's Jaw width = neck width

Yeah, now that you mention it. But, I don't think that it can be helped, though. The Hot Toys head-sculpt and neck post are two separate pieces, and in order for them to fit, the head socket has to have a larger diameter than the neck piece. It wouldn't be an issue with other figures, where clothing tends to partially cover up the neck. But, with the Superman figure, you can clearly tell that there's a disproportion.

This has the correct neck proportion and higher curl with more height added to hair overall since the current version seems a little flat on the crown. Obviously HT has to make compromises with the neck and head join but I think seeing it in this context shows that the revised facial sculpt is really very close to Reeve considering the scale.

Of course it can be helped. If you take the Royce body, the neck is much larger than this one and still very well articulated!

However, if you look at the proto picture shown one or two posts up, the neck, though still a bit thin is not that dramatically thin! And surely, they tweaked the sculpt, not the neck! So I guess that even though a larger neck would have been better, the feeling it's too skinny comes from the pose and I'm confident that in hand, it won't look so bad! :D

Yeah, now that you mention it. But, I don't think that it can be helped, though. The Hot Toys head-sculpt and neck post are two separate pieces, and in order for them to fit, the head socket has to have a larger diameter than the neck piece. It wouldn't be an issue with other figures, where clothing tends to partially cover up the neck. But, with the Superman figure, you can clearly tell that there's a disproportion.

I do think that the proto had better proportion to the neck than this one. However, this sculpt is definitely superior. Frankly, I don't care if he looked like a giraffe, it's Christopher Reeve, I'd still buy it. Anyhoo, I'd rather judge it with my own eyes once it ships, than based on some photograph that, in all likeliness, doesn't do it justice.

Anyone else now think his neck is too thin

Reeve's Jaw width = neck width

Yep, I can see that, but it could just be the photo doing that.

Yep, I can see that, but it could just be the photo doing that.

This is going to be really, really off topic, but does anyone else read Butters' posts while imagining the voice of Butters from South Park? :rotfl

:rotfl I do the same thing with others avatars.

It's perfectly natural.

Don't worry.

This isn't going to turn into one of those "I can't believe it's not butters" things, is it?

I'm sensing some irony here. :lol

Okay..... :dunno:lol

:rotfl I do the same thing with others avatars.

It's perfectly natural.

Don't worry.

Don't pretend it's an 'act'. Avatars and sigs are real. The Mike is scoring on all the chicks in his sigs. And you're Butters.

Back