1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Guys, quick question: for those of you on flexpay, did you receive your processing notice as yet? Sideshow usually sends an email 7 days before the first scheduled flex payment, but I haven't received one as yet...

Nothing for me yet....

Stoked this is coming out soon. He's been paid in full for a while, so bring it on! :rock

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol No. :lol

If anything, it'd be the opposite. Usually the exclusives are the first run of a figure. Like any company though, if HT realizes there are QC issues and get bombarded with complaints by their customers, they may try to fix them during the run as we saw with the DX 02. But I'm guessing any adjustment in QC is an exception and not the rule. Most figures we see put out in Asia mirror what we get here.

But in Americana we are seeing them both released at the same time?? The exclusive and the standard (with free shipping) both in November. Unless your saying Hot toys pretty much releases the same thing for everyone, sans a public outcry in QC deficiencies?

But then again, Supes didn't get an earlier release in Asia territory. If there is going to be some sort of deficiency with this figure (which I really hope not), both American and asia territory customers will suffer.

Contacted sideshow and they said its going to be shipped 4rth quarter of 2011. So i said late november? they said late november to december.

I ordered through toys2, so hopefully ill get it mid november.

But in Americana we are seeing them both released at the same time?? The exclusive and the standard (with free shipping) both in November. Unless your saying Hot toys pretty much releases the same thing for everyone, sans a public outcry in QC deficiencies?

But then again, Supes didn't get an earlier release in Asia territory. If there is going to be some sort of deficiency with this figure (which I really hope not), both American and asia territory customers will suffer.

Your post doesnt make much sense to me, rather Id say I cant decipher what you are trying to say:

look its simple...

1. First batch of the release goes out for the HK people and Asia etc etc

2. HT ships the US batch to SSC (maybe in some cases the exclusive before the normal eg DX04 Bruce Lee as it came with a BIG extra body so shipper size was completely different)
thats it...

changes in sculpt in later batches?? now where did you hear or see that?? :dunno
There is no BETTER QUALITY for the US... its just a batch thing, if somethings wrong in previous batches they try to fix it in the later ones, the US batches being later may benefit that way. However please think logically, HT's larger market is still Asia... they are not going to be foolish and want to 'appease' the American market by making 'better' releases for them and 'comparatively inferior' ones for the Asian market.

and by the way Superman WILL get released earlier in Asia, as with every HT release, Supes supposedly comes out later this week in HK. Itll be the end of next month or so for it to hit US shores...

That's exactly what I'm saying. The only reason we see stuff in Asia first most of the time is because it goes straight from the factory to the shops while ours are enjoying a cruise across the Pacific.

soupzs1.jpg

Damn, WANT, WANT, WANT.

That "box" is sweet, definitely a cool inspired design. This figure can't come soon enough.

:lol

Well, count me in with the folks who hope that's not the box he's packaged in. I hope it's just an optional dio piece..

If that is the box... AWESOME!!!!!

But the comparison pics from this to the proto, makes me prefer the proto honestly, Superman should never look angry and pissed-off, the proto was more soft and compasionate, like the character

It took HT 30-years to get that likeness? :horror

yes.

if i was a fortune teller in the early 80's and a kid ask me 'will i ever get a superman doll that looks like christopher reeve from the movie?' i'd tell him, 'yeah. try to live until the year 2011 and a certain toy company from asia named hot toys will emerge and they will nail his likeness. so exercise and eat less bacon.'

i dont know what i'm posting about, i'll go to sleep...

There is some conjecture about whether or not Reeve was happy with his likeness being used on a figure during his lifetime- you have to remember this was before this specific kind of thing was worked into your deal when you took on the part- unlike George Lucas who pioneered this kind of thing.
If you look at megomuseum.com you'll see that back in the day when they decided to use actor likenesses and compromise on the costumes they were quoted as saying 'he doesn't like us' regarding Reeve's compliance with the idea. Ken Sheller went ahead and did reasonable sculpts of all the main players (Reeve, Brando & Hackman) for the era. Here endeth the lesson but it's true- besides the Mattel offering, this is the figure I've waited 30 years for...

If that is the box... AWESOME!!!!!

But the comparison pics from this to the proto, makes me prefer the proto honestly, Superman should never look angry and pissed-off, the proto was more soft and compasionate, like the character

Disagree about the box, I think its awful, however yeah I prefer the particular shot of the proto that they chose - that was one of the pics that did IMO look like Reeve and I think it looks better than the pic of the new sculpt they put against it. Mind you the proto shot was properly staged and lit whereas the pic of the new sculpt was taken in some display and isn't lit as well.

But...so far just not liking the upturned eyes. Reminds too much of the c 0cky Brandon Routh look after the Luthor henchman shoots him in the eye in SR. I don't remember Reeve ever giving that look.

i was happy with the first shots and seeing the updates to the HS im blown away...they really did do their homework and nailed CR. I like the box too, im a sucker for awesome packaging and anytime i see something new, it shows that the company is keeping its eyes on all details.

this is one nice figure, sweeetttttttttt
i dont know if that is the box, no official word it is.

i dont know the new sculpt is gorgeous but the chin looks a bit strong compared to the prototype. i actually like the prototype seems more calmer and cool.

Back