1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Know what we should do? Argue over whether it's a tweaked sculpt or not! Who's with me? :yess:

The smile betrays the fact that its a different head from the proto... its more pronounced... compare the lips on the proto to the new one, you can see its a new sculpt! Ill try to see if I can get higher resolution pics of Arnie and JC Holding the new CR headsculpt, which Arnie posted from his mobile to his Facebook Account

Gotta agree. I can't imagine why some of you guys can't see it. We have seen pics of Supes by better cameras and under more ideal lighting conditions... this new pic isn't even a great pic, BUT Supes looks better. That has nothing to do with flash or lighting or whatever else. It's a tweaked sculpt. Simple as that.

Know what we should do? Argue over whether it's a tweaked sculpt or not! Who's with me? :yess:

2cp8i7ljpg.gif

I truly don't believe that there is any photographer in the world that could make this:

IMG_9450.jpg

Look like this:

321182_222304241164907_138228759572456_657943_1283245369_n.jpg

It's not about lighting, shadows, angle. It's about face structure.

The wide shot proves that it's not just about angle:

306962_222302767831721_138228759572456_657919_1867340101_n.jpg

And I strongly suspect PERS.

Man, I can't believe how much it looks like they shrunk down CR now.

All Photography and Art is about fooling the public, filmmakers like Coppola and Cameron are masters of this.

Lighting is 99% of it, you have look at the the photo's again and ask yourself why you see more definition of the cheekbones in the photo with more darkness.

and why is the face with no shadow so unnatural looking?

when do you ever see a human face lit from that angle unless its a professional photo shoot?

The sculpt looks different from SDCC and in a good way! :clap Anyway, tweaked or not it's still an awesome fiigure & I can't wait to get it. :yess:

The smile betrays the fact that its a different head from the proto... its more pronounced... compare the lips on the proto to the new one, you can see its a new sculpt!

Yep. Wider mouth on the new sculpt.

Ill try to see if I can get higher resolution pics of Arnie and JC Holding the new CR headsculpt, which Arnie posted from his mobile to his Facebook Account

Please do! :panic:

Eh, sounds like a lot of wasted time. :lol Honestly, in the end I could give a crap less if it is or isn't the figure looks great and I'm quite eager to get it into the collection.

Honestly, in the end I could give a crap less if it is or isn't the figure looks great and I'm quite eager to get it into the collection.

While I agree, it's only now that I truly feel eager to get this figure in my collection. So Either the sculpt is different, or I (and others) have truly been duped by a photography wizard.

But the thing is, the new photo's aren't even well done. They're crappy pics of an incredible sculpt.

I was stoked from the start. It's just looked good from the time they put it up to now. It's the best superman item I've ever seen so far.

the boots do look like they have more of a sheen to them to simulate the real material whereas the prototype looked like straight up flat red plastic.

Ill try to see if I can get higher resolution pics of Arnie and JC Holding the new CR head sculpt, which Arnie posted from his mobile to his Facebook Account

This is the pic he uploaded from his cell, dunno if there is a higher resolution. I will ask Arnie once he comes online and when I can catch him. Make do with this for the time being.
ALSO remember the uploaded date was September 10th A couple of days before/after he showed his personal 1:4 Reeve bust
28197793.png

Looking at the pics more, the eyes do almost look like theirs PERS now. It definitely looks like there's a slight gap between the eyelids and the eyes themselves. and they have the more realistic iris that the PERS eyes tend to have.

If this turns out to be a DX, the main thing that would suck is the fact that their aren't DX accessories. Still stoked for the figure though as I've always have been! :rock

If we get better pics, I'll be happy to say that it's a new sculpt, but I'm still not seeing it. The only thing I really see is the curl which I'm not really liking b/c of the seam

Don't be like that. :1-1:

Just don't agree that's all, and I'm sorry if I came off like an a-hole. :peace

apology accepted :1-1:

Last edited:

The Sculpt is outstanding :) It's more accurate compare to their Prototype :D Glad i'd PO'd on this, can't wait :D

flipping hell when this out? Was not going to get it but it looks too good

Back