1/6 MMS216 - Man of Steel: General Zod Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he meant of HT Faora, which is a complete fabrication if so. There are no teaser pix that I can find..... HT's most recent tease is of someone called Space Pirate Captain Harlock, who indeed looks pretty darn cool, but who is no Faora.

Damn it.

Yeah I saw the pics of Captain Harlock, I'd never heard of it until the Hot Toys announcement a couple of years back I think it was. It does indeed look pretty awesome though.

I didn't know if that guy meant pics of a black suit Zod as that was being discussed. Or of the regular Zod, which obviously has pics. Or yeah, maybe Faora. Who knows.

Faora and a final battle Zod are the two figures I think really need to be released them I'd feel the line is complete. Anything else would be a bonus.

Yeah I saw the pics of Captain Harlock, I'd never heard of it until the Hot Toys announcement a couple of years back I think it was. It does indeed look pretty awesome though.

I didn't know if that guy meant pics of a black suit Zod as that was being discussed. Or of the regular Zod, which obviously has pics. Or yeah, maybe Faora. Who knows.

Faora and a final battle Zod are the two figures I think really need to be released them I'd feel the line is complete. Anything else would be a bonus.

we need a big bonus like namek :p

He would be really cool, but for me I think Faora is the only other character that's a must. And a final battle Zod is something I think most if not everyone is hoping for.

Add Clark with a beard in normal clothing to that list
Pretty sure after the first figure is released there will be a random 3rd party company like Pop Toys, or Magic Cube or Asmus, etc. who will make some type of regular clothing and/or a bearded Cavil sculpt and be cheaper than HT
Peloquin77 said:
and holographic ghost dad Jor-El look too :)

Fingers and toes crossed for Faora, she will come.

That's pretty much what we're already getting. Just remove the chest/shoulder armor and hope that the shield is on his chest. if not, buy an extra superman suit off ebay or somewhere and take the shield off of that one, repaint it and bob's your uncle

My fav pic so far...

attachment.php

ZOD IS LOOKIN' GREAT!

:rotfl

....sorry could not resist. :nana:

Agreed. I'd like Faora first. I just don't see them making another Zod. This movie didn't have that much juice & popularity.

If they do make one, I'd be very surprised.

Not that much juice or popularity? Are you kidding me?
Didn't it make over 750 million dollars? Didn't it have the biggest opening for a non-sequel?

This movie has plenty of juice and popularity, regardless of the haters who can't look past the Reeve films.

Well, I'm no hater for sure as I thought the movie was great!

But with that said, I still don't see HTs going to the well twice on this guy. We'd sooner get another Superman.

When I say it didn't have enough juice and popularity, I don't mean it didn't make money. What I mean is it didn't have the same hype as say TDKR or Avengers. Regardless of how you feel about the film, the fact of the matter is WB/DC did not promote this with the same fervor as they did TDKR and HTs seems to be ALLLLLL about the hype.

I mean, just look at all the great and popular licenses they have and have had. Not ONE was ever "completed" until they did Avengers.

Watchmen? Nope. Terminator? Nope. Alien(s)? Nope. Predator? Nope. Batman Begins? Nope. TDK? Nope. TDKR? Nope. Tron? Nope. Superman (Reeve)? Nope. Hellboy? Nope. Star Wars? NEVER! Indy? Nope.

...now why would this movie be any different?

...just saying?

I think there's a chance we could see another Zod. If this one sells well enough I could see them doing a version with no armor. I actually feel like there's a better chance we see another Zod then there is for Faora being produced. I don't know why, but I just get the feeling she's not going to get made.

I hope they go deeper for this line...particularly with Faora and the Kryptonian giant (don't remember his name) but the facts simply don't support it. HTs is notorious for leaving what fans would consider essential characters out of the line up.

Doesn't hurt to hope!

I hope they go deeper for this line...particularly with Faora and the Kryptonian giant (don't remember his name) but the facts simply don't support it. HTs is notorious for leaving what fans would consider essential characters out of the line up.

Doesn't hurt to hope!

NAM-EK :wave

...now why would this movie be any different?

...just saying?

Not saying we will get the license milked, like Iron Man (Thank God), but the license will be pretty much complete once we receive Faora and possibly Lois. All other characters are unnecessary. Maybe a Perry White figure. But I think true collector's and fans of the film are okay with Superman, Jor-El, Zod, and Faora.

This movie wasn't promoted or hyped about, cause it was the first film in the series. This franchise has been one of the most talked about thing on the web, and now that the sequel will feature a small character like Batman and now possibly Wonder Woman, I think the hype is sufficient enough. This has the possibility to be the biggest movie EVER!

By the way... The Avengers license isn't complete... where is Banner? Where is that female S.H.I.E.L.D. agent (From "How I Met Your Mother" sorry don't know her name)?

I would prefer to see another Zod figure than anyone else from this movie. MMS216 is excellent looking, I love the sculpt, but Zod showed so much depth that I feel like this sculpt only represents a minor facet of his character. To me he wasn't a villain or a maniac. He was determined, absolute, exacting, and ruthless at times, but I think he was sane and doing what was most likely right for his people. So for him to be represented on my shelf like this "only" isn't enough, I'd like a calm, thoughtful face as well that shows that he bears the full weight of his decisions. A final battle Zod, with a head like that would be great, then I can just switch the heads around and I'd be set.

That said.. Hot Toys did an incredible job on the expression. I can't wait for next year.

I would prefer to see another Zod figure than anyone else from this movie. MMS216 is excellent looking, I love the sculpt, but Zod showed so much depth that I feel like this sculpt only represents a minor facet of his character. To me he wasn't a villain or a maniac. He was determined, absolute, exacting, and ruthless at times, but I think he was sane and doing what was most likely right for his people. So for him to be represented on my shelf like this "only" isn't enough, I'd like a calm, thoughtful face as well that shows that he bears the full weight of his decisions. A final battle Zod, with a head like that would be great, then I can just switch the heads around and I'd be set.

That said.. Hot Toys did an incredible job on the expression. I can't wait for next year.
Agree 100% abuout the expression. With that being said, I just can't stop seeing Gabrielle Gonzaga from the UFC.

.....Whatever, Village-People-Version Zod. Jealousy becomes you.

With that said, I also would like a calm, collected, serious-looking Zod -preferably in the black skinsuit; but if we are only getting one more figure I would much rather have Faora.

I just have a feeling this is it, though. :(

Back