1/6 MMS216 - Man of Steel: General Zod Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Atleast he could grow a full beard with mustache.

That ball pillow looks ridiculous.

Not saying we will get the license milked, like Iron Man (Thank God), but the license will be pretty much complete once we receive Faora and possibly Lois. All other characters are unnecessary. Maybe a Perry White figure. But I think true collector's and fans of the film are okay with Superman, Jor-El, Zod, and Faora.

This movie wasn't promoted or hyped about, cause it was the first film in the series. This franchise has been one of the most talked about thing on the web, and now that the sequel will feature a small character like Batman and now possibly Wonder Woman, I think the hype is sufficient enough. This has the possibility to be the biggest movie EVER!

By the way... The Avengers license isn't complete... where is Banner? Where is that female S.H.I.E.L.D. agent (From "How I Met Your Mother" sorry don't know her name)?

Well, we were originally talking about HTs producing another Zod...which is what I was referring to HTs not getting around to. I think the line to be sufficiently complete with both Faora & Nam-Ex but I have my doubts about Faora and Nam & another Zod are all but a long shot. You can toss Lois in that camp too. If we don't have a Pepper Pots or trench coat Comm. Gordon or Blake or Alfred or Ras even, I can't see HTs even considering Lois.

I don't think the hype is sufficient enough to garner another Zod. HTs will be too busy doing a new Supes, Bats, WW & whatever villain they introduce...if the movie doesn't fall flat altogether. I don't have faith in WB/DC. They could muck up a wet dream.

I think the Avengers license is sufficiently complete. When I say that, I mean all starring characters have been made. All others are icing on the cake...Banner, Chitauri soldier, Agent Whatshername...

Last edited:
I guess we are relatively lucky, they are saying on FB that the HT Captain Harlock figure is going to cost $420. Its true that he comes with this giant [and very cool] chair and other accessories, but yikes. YIKES.

I don't think the hype is sufficient enough to garner another Zod. HTs will be too busy doing a new Supes, Bats, WW & whatever villain they introduce...if the movie doesn't fall flat altogether. I don't have faith in WB/DC. They could muck up a wet dream.

All too true..... or they could end the Iron Man orgy they are indulging in, and actually release some of the Batman Returns figures we have been waiting for since the turn of the century. For real, enough fooling around with that issue already! Do that, and how about Faora while they are at it. Damn it.

And can you believe that of all possible characters, they are putting the Chitauri on Evil Superman's base. Not the Hulk, or anyone who makes sense.... nope, Chitauri. So much for Marvel fans hoping for a price break where he's concerned...

Well, we were originally talking about HTs producing another Zod...which is what I was referring to HTs not getting around to. I think the line to be sufficiently complete with both Faora & Nam-Ex but I have my doubts about Faora and Nam & another Zod are all but a long shot. You can toss Lois in that camp too. If we don't have a Pepper Pots or trench coat Comm. Gordon or Blake or Alfred or Ras even, I can't see HTs even considering Lois.

I think the Avengers license is sufficiently complete. When I say that, I mean all starring characters have been made. All others are icing on the cake...Banner, Chitauri soldier, Agent Whatshername...

I think a Faora figure is quite possible. Just cause she hasn't been announced yet, doesn't mean we won't get her. She had a substantial role in the film and a fan base, especially after the Smallville fight. NAM is not necessary. Only significance he had was the smallville fight. No lines, not even a grunt!. No significance in any other part of the film. Faora on the other hand had a presence that was felt in the scenes she was in. We will see this figure well before Another Zod or Black-Suited Superman is even thought of being considered.

This Zod figure looks awesome. I only wish they gave use another sculpt as well. With this sculpt, it looks like the future would have to be in an extreme pose all the time in order to look normal.

Ahhhh, I see. We are on the same page. Except I'm not too sure Faora is in our future. I hope she is but HTs has a track record of only producing a limited group of characters for a movie no matter how significant a role the supporting characters play...someone is going to get the ax.

Maybe this movie will be different...but the facts don't support that position.

I guess we are relatively lucky, they are saying on FB that the HT Captain Harlock figure is going to cost $420. Its true that he comes with this giant [and very cool] chair and other accessories, but yikes. YIKES.

All too true..... or they could end the Iron Man orgy they are indulging in, and actually release some of the Batman Returns figures we have been waiting for since the turn of the century. For real, enough fooling around with that issue already! Do that, and how about Faora while they are at it. Damn it.

And can you believe that of all possible characters, they are putting the Chitauri on Evil Superman's base. Not the Hulk, or anyone who makes sense.... nope, Chitauri. So much for Marvel fans hoping for a price break where he's concerned...

I don't really connect with Manga/Anime at all. So I have no real interest in Captain Horlicks. Good job too at that price.

All the rest of your post...

:exactly: :goodpost:

.....Whatever, Village-People-Version Zod. Jealousy becomes you.

With that said, I also would like a calm, collected, serious-looking Zod -preferably in the black skinsuit; but if we are only getting one more figure I would much rather have Faora.

I just have a feeling this is it, though. :(

So do i..but never say never with HT

A 'cold fury' Zod would have been excellent as an alternate head piece. Two heads in an MMS is not impossible, we got in in the Avengers Cap:A.

It's definitely possible. I think HT just sees that they can potentially release another Zod w/o the armor and a less expressive head later. "Why give them everything they need when we can just give them some now and some later and make more money all together?"

It's definitely possible. I think HT just sees that they can potentially release another Zod w/o the armor and a less expressive head later. "Why give them everything they need when we can just give them some now and some later and make more money all together?"

A more likely scenario is "forget all this, we got Iron Man #962 coming out, the fandom for IM3 is still going strong!"

[everyone falls asleep]

Iron Man > Man of Steel

The Iron Man line is one of the most impressive lines I've ever seen.

lol the day I care for an IM release is the day the show the die cast MK3. Until then, I shall continue to yawn but not rain on others parade if that's what they like.

I don't own a single Iron Man figure, still doesn't change the fact that it's their best line and most popular. Collectors eat em up and the variety is insane.

I definitely want a Zod without armor. I actually want it more then the armored look. Don't get me wrong, the armor look is cool, but I think the armorless look had better moments in the film. There's the "I will find him!" scene, the dream sequence with Clark and the final battle which of course lead to that final scene with Superman and Zod. I'm surprised no one has really done a Zod without armor, yet. Sure, Mattel made their figure, but that's about it. I wish DC Collectibles had done a Zod in shackles statue as the variant instead of his Kryptonian armor look. Again, nothing wrong with that look, but that scene of him in the shackles is one of my favorites. Hopefully HT plans on doing one at some point.

I prefer him with the armor. Just wish they went with a different expression. I don't want to have to pick up another headsculpt for $80 when they do the black suit version with a non-toothy face.

On Jor El, the scientist, people whine he doesn't wear armor.
On Zod, the warrior, people whine because he wears armor.

People really are hard to please..

Back