1/6 MMS216 - Man of Steel: General Zod Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:goodpost::exactly::lecture

I still don't understand why folks HTs will go back to the well with this guy.

I just don't see it. I think it's a lot of wishful thinking.

I have very little doubt we will see at least a black skinsuit Supes as a Con Exclusive somewhere (SDCC maybe?).

It's just so Hot Toys MO. Just change Supes blue suit to black, include skull base, BAM! New exclusive release. Look at evil '78 Supes for the most recent example.

The same can be said for Zod, release with detailed skinsuit, removable cape, and neutral headsculpt, BOOM! New exclusive release.

Both would be easy and fast to bring to market. The tooling and material would have already been created, and you know Hot Toys loves to re-use whenever possible those expensive molds and tooling.

:goodpost::exactly::lecture

I still don't understand why folks HTs will go back to the well with this guy.

I just don't see it. I think it's a lot of wishful thinking.

It's not too crazy to think they would. They'd already have the suit from Superman and would just have to make it black and put a different crest on it. Plus, his armorless look is in a few key scenes from the film. The sentencing on Krypton, the dream sequence and the final battle. Of course, if the first Zod or the line in general doesn't sell well they probably won't re-visit him, but if it does there are plenty of reasons to go back to the well again.

I have very little doubt we will see at least a black skinsuit Supes as a Con Exclusive somewhere (SDCC maybe?).

It's just so Hot Toys MO. Just change Supes blue suit to black, include skull base, BAM! New exclusive release. Look at evil '78 Supes for the most recent example.

The same can be said for Zod, release with detailed skinsuit, removable cape, and neutral headsculpt, BOOM! New exclusive release.

Both would be easy and fast to bring to market. The tooling and material would have already been created, and you know Hot Toys loves to re-use whenever possible those expensive molds and tooling.

I see the skin suits being integrated easier if they make krypton ican armored ver. Of zod, faora, and jor.

I think we'll see the "black" suit Supes next Summer's Toy Fair exclusive.
Maybe the stripped down Zod as one, too.

saw this on OSR FB page. think it's taken from the new Secret Base store.

1452570_778495668834208_582801430_n.jpg

It's not too crazy to think they would. They'd already have the suit from Superman and would just have to make it black and put a different crest on it. Plus, his armorless look is in a few key scenes from the film. The sentencing on Krypton, the dream sequence and the final battle. Of course, if the first Zod or the line in general doesn't sell well they probably won't re-visit him, but if it does there are plenty of reasons to go back to the well again.

I guess I can see that. Black suit with Krypton chains & Phantom Zone launch pad. That'd actually be a pretty cool exclusive. :duff:

This amazing figure gets delayed so they can make Brokeback Tony Stark? Ugh, the same week HT blows my mind with the DX13, they bring me back to earth with this delay and that TS figure. :lol:lol

Back