New Buffy Line Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like anyone would be looking at her eyes when she's showing that much leg... *wink wink nudge nudge*
i will be. i hate lazy eyes on collectibles. they look retarded. i'll cancel this if i see any lazy eyes around shipping time. i'm also worried about paint flaking issues. i see so many complaints about it on here. i'd hate to have the paint start peeling off of this piece a year or 2 later.

i will be. i hate lazy eyes on collectibles. they look retarded. i'll cancel this if i see any lazy eyes around shipping time. i'm also worried about paint flaking issues. i see so many complaints about it on here. i'd hate to have the paint start peeling off of this piece a year or 2 later.

Unfortunately you have to worry about it with any piece now a days. So you either take the risk or you stop collecting. I am taking the risk. Yes it has me worried oh well what is life without a little risk.

Unfortunately you have to worry about it with any piece now a days. So you either take the risk or you stop collecting. I am taking the risk. Yes it has me worried oh well what is life without a little risk.

Well said, my friend. If it has paint app. issues, return it. Big deal. And in my case, the risk is well worth it. This isn't an investment of monsterous proportions like the 1:1 Iron Man bust, etc. The most I'm out is $0 because it if peels, I return it.

Buffy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Risks

I'm not exactly thrilled about this piece, but I'm so excited for the rebirth of the line, and I'll pre-order it for sure. I can't wait to see the whole thing and draw conclusions, but I'm sure I'm getting it no matter what. Long live the new Buffy line (here's hoping it doesn't last 3 pieces as the Angel line, or 3-or 4 if you count red pants Buffy, which I don't- like the PF line).

how do you find out how many points a person has, i have to of accumulated something by now and stuff is still showing up!!

heres a pic of the face from the 12 days vid. if anyone is interested and doesn't want to re-watch the vid.

buffyWIP.jpg

how do you find out how many points a person has, i have to of accumulated something by now and stuff is still showing up!!

heres a pic of the face from the 12 days vid. if anyone is interested and doesn't want to re-watch the vid.

buffyWIP.jpg

In your account there is a reward point section. Divide that number by 20 and that is the dollar value.

Well said, my friend. If it has paint app. issues, return it. Big deal. And in my case, the risk is well worth it. This isn't an investment of monsterous proportions like the 1:1 Iron Man bust, etc. The most I'm out is $0 because it if peels, I return it.

Buffy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Risks
no. it would be ok if one or 2 have bad paint mistakes. but if they are gonna make a a huge mistake on every figure than i won't take the risk. look at the cordelia figure. every figure i've ever seen of her has one lazy eye. it looks totally stupid. why did they make every figure like that? the same with the first buffy PF. i've never seen one without the lazy eye issue.

no. it would be ok if one or 2 have bad paint mistakes. but if they are gonna make a a huge mistake on every figure than i won't take the risk. look at the cordelia figure. every figure i've ever seen of her has one lazy eye. it looks totally stupid. why did they make every figure like that? the same with the first buffy PF. i've never seen one without the lazy eye issue.

I understand your point, but there's no way we're going to know that until we have in-hand photos and even then, flaking might not even become evident until a year + down the road. So, why bother to worry at this point? It takes the fun out of collecting IMO. Flaking issue aside, there's still no such thing as a perfect statue. Every single piece ever made has a flaw, in some form or another.

As for the Black Dress Buffy PF and the lazy eye "issue", it didn't stop too many people from buying it because the demand for it has sky-rocketed. It's still the one of the best PFs Sideshow has released IMO.

As for this comiquette, for those who don't want to take the risk on this piece, I'm buying one regardless. A lower edition size won't bother me.

I understand your point, but there's no way we're going to know that until we have in-hand photos and even then, flaking might not even become evident until a year + down the road. So, why bother to worry at this point? It takes the fun out of collecting IMO. Flaking issue aside, there's still no such thing as a perfect statue. Every single piece ever made has a flaw, in some form or another.

As for the Black Dress Buffy PF and the lazy eye "issue", it didn't stop too many people from buying it because the demand for it has sky-rocketed. It's still the one of the best PFs Sideshow has released IMO.

As for this comiquette, for those who don't want to take the risk on this piece, I'm buying one regardless. A lower edition size won't bother me.

:lecture

Hell yes! If you don't buy this you are not a Buffy fan. I don't care if I have to return 15 to sideshow to get one with correct eyes.

if they F%&K this up there will be HELL! to pay, i've waited patiently for too damn long to get a sub par SSC piece.

:lol i like how we haven't even got a full reveal yet and were all complaining about it maybe flaking and having a lazy eye :rotfl:lol:rotfl

I think it all runs a little deep when we are talking about buffy :D

:lol i like how we haven't even got a full reveal yet and were all complaining about it maybe flaking and having a lazy eye :rotfl:lol:rotfl

I think it all runs a little deep when we are talking about buffy :D

That's my point. :rock

People are already looking at this piece with "a glass half-full mentality," and we haven't even seen the final reveal. :lol Regardless, I'm an uber-fan of Buffy and I'm going to stay optimistic. I will own this.

Uber Buffy fans FTW!! :D

yeah, it would take a lot for me not to get this.....A LOT!!

I for one am one excited "Uber buffy fan" :D

can you redeem points and a gift card at the same time\for the same piece??

No you can't and gift cards can only be used on items on the gift card eligible list, which will never include any new pre-order item.

You can however use your reward points, but remember, if you are still left having to pay for any part of the statue, you don't earn any more points on that. Plus if you then later cancel, you loose any points that you used during the time of the pre-order.

In other words, if your going to use reward points on a pre-order, make sure you have enough to pretty much pay for it all (apart from postage, etc) and that you want it more then anything else.

Back