New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gbs02.jpg

- J

Spencers' heads look great btw!!!

Not just great. PURE PERFECTION! Can't wait for my custom GB set to start shaping up to look like that! :rock

For obvious reasons, I don't care if they offer replacement heads or the slimed version...

gbs02.jpg

But I wouldn't complain if they were to offer up a set or two of belt gloves for Ray & Egon...

You should've seen my Mattel Egon's head when he first popped out of the package. It looked like his cranium had imploded at the temples. If it wasn't for the fact I was replacing the head anyway, I would have absolutely exchanged him.

- J

Looks great I can't wait to get my set, I'm going to be swapping out the belts though and also swapping some of the items on the belt.

Where are Ray's Goggles? How did you get the No Ghost logo on your stands?

Looks great I can't wait to get my set, I'm going to be swapping out the belts though and also swapping some of the items on the belt.

Where are Ray's Goggles? How did you get the No Ghost logo on your stands?

How did you produce those bases? They look terriffic.

How did you produce those bases? They look terrific.

See my last post above. The stands came with the Hot Toys True-Type bodies and Evilface made the decals to fit. He can also do decals for Sideshow-style stands.

- J

well today i got lucky, i went to a different TRU and i was very surprised to find 3 of those diamond select statepuft figure banks, i think its awsome! i like the scale, its not to small, not to big and i think the sculpt is much more accurate to the movie then the neca one. heres a few pics i took, i think my GB collection feels more complete now that i got a statepuft in there!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Yep!
I love it!!
I have both the SDCC ex and the regular smiling version,
they are awesome!!

BTW, got my 12" Venkman, oh my,
they indeed screw it up with the packaging... it squeezes the head terribly... but I gotta say, the materials and paint-job is much much better than the previous GB, if I weren't customize mine already, I would keep this one as is... really nice!
Once you fix the deformed head that is!:lol!!!

I gotta say, Mattel did a great job on this one, too bad there's no slimed head.

Have to say that after getting mine yesterday, not bad timing considering i'm in the uk and ordered it on monday night although i still ended up getting stung by customs....mark the damn thing gift!! lol still getting hi in under a week was pretty sweet. Now on to the figure itself, all things considered and after seeing the pics midweek i was expecting the worst, but to my surprise, pete's head was relatively unsqueezed, still needed a bit of coaxing, but not bad. And as for likeness, i can definitely see bill murray in there, and funny enough when standing next to ray, they look more like the actors than i thought, could be something to do with my perception of the characters together instantly making me think of bill murray and dan ackroyd (sadly don't have spengler yet, if anyone has one, i have a thread in the want to buy commerce section, shoot me a pm) but overall, a much nicer figure than ray, the plastic used on the head is much thinner, which actually looks more flesh toned than the previous two, but obviously the reason why he ended up with squished head syndrome. The extra hands and gloves are a nice touch too. Overall a very nice figure, even despite the previous issues, get him if you can.

Have to say that after getting mine yesterday, not bad timing considering i'm in the uk and ordered it on monday night although i still ended up getting stung by customs....mark the damn thing gift!! lol still getting hi in under a week was pretty sweet. Now on to the figure itself, all things considered and after seeing the pics midweek i was expecting the worst, but to my surprise, pete's head was relatively unsqueezed, still needed a bit of coaxing, but not bad. And as for likeness, i can definitely see bill murray in there, and funny enough when standing next to ray, they look more like the actors than i thought, could be something to do with my perception of the characters together instantly making me think of bill murray and dan ackroyd (sadly don't have spengler yet, if anyone has one, i have a thread in the want to buy commerce section, shoot me a pm) but overall, a much nicer figure than ray, the plastic used on the head is much thinner, which actually looks more flesh toned than the previous two, but obviously the reason why he ended up with squished head syndrome. The extra hands and gloves are a nice touch too. Overall a very nice figure, even despite the previous issues, get him if you can.

ur in the uk and got venkman already? i was expecting this ash cloud to slow things down even more and it would be over a month this time round. il be keeping out for my postie on monday then!

So, I've been a reader of this board for years, and don't post ever at all, but you guys may be interested in a bit of info I learned tonight.
Seems that Mattell is working on a 1/6 scale Ecto-1. No really, this isn't some bull_____ rumor thing. They are. How cool is that?
Hopefully it comes out well, because it would definitely redeem them don't you think?

Hi there. Can we know the source of this news please? To me it still sounds unlikely for a matty 1/6 ecto 1. It takes something of a Hot Toys kind of company to pull off a 1/6 vechicle - batmobile.

I have a few friends that work at Mattell, and they know I'm into the line, and disappointed with it so far, and was told this this evening. I'll leave it at that.

Interesting piece of news if true, no doubt about that. Assuming it does happen, let's hope they put the same amount of effort into the Ecto that was given the proton packs. Do keep us posted if you hear anything more about it. :D

Check out this video:

https://www.mefeedia.com/watch/30569059

Also, 12" Winston apparently comes with the blueprints
of the Shandor building and...a twinkie!

Enjoy!

That video link wouldn't work for me, but it's good to hear they're going to make 12" Winston, with the twinkie no less. :lol

Makes me wonder if they have plans to release any other 12" figures... like Walter Peck(r), or a 1:6 scale Slimer maybe? Louis and Dana would be cool additions, too, but I won't be holding my breath.

I'm sorry, but I don't see Mattel taking a 1/6 1959 Cadillac Miller-Meteor and properly recreating the Ecto-1. It's be logistical nightmare and way too expensive. But at least the price point would be somewhat reasonable compared to a HT or Medicom version of the same size. And it would be a good way to hide their hideous sculpts. But I don't see this happening. I'm calling bs on this.

I call BS on this too. No way they can make a proper Ecto-1. They are having trouble selling 1/6 figures as it is. I shudder at the price point of something like this. It would be massive. I'll believe it when I see it or official Mattel confirmation.

I call BS on this too. No way they can make a proper Ecto-1. They are having trouble selling 1/6 figures as it is. I shudder at the price point of something like this. It would be massive. I'll believe it when I see it or official Mattel confirmation.

:lecture:lecture...

@ Lazenby, IF you really had "friends" working at Mattel and you're leaking this information, if they track them down, well, they might be out of a job thanks to you... :horror

We all wish this was true, but if Matty isn't yet convinced of making a Castle Gayskull for the MOTUC line, which is selling like pancakes, I honestly don't think they will be doing 1 1/6 Ecto-1.
Maybe, and that's a big "maybe" one for the 6" line...

im perfectly fine with my ecto-1 from the extreme ghosbusters line from 1997. ive had it for years and it still holds up today, despite being a tiny bit out of scale with the 6" figs.

That's it! Maybe his "friends" where talking about an Ecto for the 6 inchers.. .that could be somewhat possible.....

Yeah, I don't expect them to make one for the 1:6th line, but the 6" line is a possiblitiy. I'm thinking those sixes got crossed and they meant for the smaller line.

Back