NEW HT PREDATOR, 'Dutch' full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HT- MMS 72- PREDATOR, 'Dutch' full spec and hi-res pics

Well, it's very strange. Sideshow puts out images all the time with pending approval, like Dutch had.

Under normal circumstances HT may not get grief over images being put out so long as they cover their asses and add pending approval text, which Dutch featured.

There's a good chance someone with FOX or Arnie's company is just riding HT more on this figure than would be expected.

There's just too many unknowns to fault HT without more information.

Wookster can you ask what this is all about?

I have, and basically what I can gather is there is a last minute glitch with rights (from who's camp I'm not sure) but it's a temporary measure to insure no one is offended, so as to keep everyone happy the pics need to be taken down for a short time.

I cut and pasted all the files, so as soon as I can put them up again I will.

Between you me and the gatepost I have a feeling this isn't a major fly in the ointment, its rather a courtesy to keep all parties appeased.:banghead

the only thing that bothers me is this might push sideshow's pre order of dutch back. i have been really itching to pre-order these guys but have been trying to wait for ssc. patience patience:rolleyes:

I have, and basically what I can gather is there is a last minute glitch with rights (from who's camp I'm not sure) but it's a temporary measure to insure no one is offended, so as to keep everyone happy the pics need to be taken down for a short time.

I cut and pasted all the files, so as soon as I can put them up again I will.

Between you me and the gatepost I have a feeling this isn't a major fly in the ointment, its rather a courtesy to keep all parties appeased.:banghead

Could just be coincidence, but facts lead to suspecting Arnie's people since they only pulled Dutch, I can't imagine what about the figure from the neck down Fox could have issue with, but I imagine Arnie's company may be very intrusive in the process.

It may not be such a big deal, like Wookster said probably just something to keep all parties appeased. I'm not that worried anymore. HT is probably just being extra carefull this time.

maybe they dont like the cigar?

I think we shouldn't be too nervous.
HT will do everything they can to release best Dutch figure possible for 130-170$ cost.
If they won't release this guy they will have a big problems with selling Billy figure. Even "as a Dutch shelve friend" not many want this one & without Dutch at all this will be just a $$$ ass for Hot Toys.

I'm not worried about the figure, but I do find the political side of it intriguing.

I'm not worried about the figure, but I do find the political side of it intriguing.

You should write a book about it: Hot Toys Dutch, history and realization.

Dutch is still on display at the HT store in HK.
H.Kazami of toy-world took these pics today.
Hair looks brown.

**Pictures removed at the request of Hot Toys**

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch is still on display at the HT store in HK.
H.Kazami of toy-world took these pics today.
Hair looks brown.

**Pictures removed at the request of Hot Toys**

NIIIICE! Cheers darren, looks great. Hope he survives!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sweet lord. You add up every single account I've ever had on the internet and it's STILL not even close to that 37,514.

All hail teh infran3t N3rd K!nG!!!!

:D

You don't want to know how many I'd have if I added up all my accounts. :lol
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's no question I'm getting it if it looks like those pics above.

Well this doesn't look good. If there's a problem with likeness rights we might be getting another Village People Kane figure. A poor-man's Dutch with handlebar mustache.:horror

Dutch is now listed as "Out of Stock" at Toys2. Looks like they have stopped taking pre-orders completely. And only the Predator was previewed in this week's Sideshow newsletter. Dutch was MIA. This doesn't look good at all. If we get a generic non-likeness headsculpt or one that is obscured by heavy camo and mustache I'm canceling my order. No Dutch, No Deal.

Dutch is now listed as "Out of Stock" at Toys2. Looks like they have stopped taking pre-orders completely. And only the Predator was previewed in this week's Sideshow newsletter. Dutch was MIA. This doesn't look good at all. If we get a generic non-likeness headsculpt or one that is obscured by heavy camo and mustache I'm canceling my order. No Dutch, No Deal.

Well, I certainly don't know what's going on here, BUT My initial thought was the Pics were taken down because they did not match the proto paint apps. The old pics had far more camo and concealed the likeness ( which was a real turn off for me too). But then HT said they resolved the likeness issue with new pics revealing the sculpt so what gives?

I thought maybe HT was being forced back into matching the proto paint apps.. which would be a bummer.

Let's hope it's just a minor issue as wookster says.

Bigbadtoystore has removed their pre-orders as well.

Back