NEW HT PREDATOR, 'Dutch' full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mud Dutch is the more obvious choice. But if we're talking DX - alternative outfits and alternative display potential but only one body provided - the only outfit that could come close to hiding the fact theres a muddy body underneath (for when we want to represent non-muddy scenes) is the full outfit that we already have. Therefore we wouldn't be getting the casual fatigues from the beginning of the film. It'd be one or the other.

Unless..

Hot toys considered it an acceptable strategy to provide us with a DX figure where the additional outfit and head is not meant to be swapped onto the provided body but specifically for a newly released muscle body sold seperately (assuming they won't break pattern with the DX joker by providing 2 complete bodies in the one package). Thus the DX figure would not be entirely self-contained and would contain:

-muddy Dutch with scene specific headsculpt (the default figure here) and relevant accessories
-the original headsculpt without warpaint to represent the early scenes and that red shirt outfit - these specifically intended for use on a seperately purchased muscle body (again assuming they would sell a muscle body seperately)

a-dev said:
Hot toys considered it an acceptable strategy to provide us with a DX figure where the additional outfit and head is not meant to be swapped onto the provided body but specifically for a newly released muscle body sold seperately (assuming they won't break pattern with the DX joker by providing 2 complete bodies in the one package). Thus the DX figure would not be entirely self-contained and would contain:

-muddy Dutch with scene specific headsculpt (the default figure here) and relevant accessories
-the original headsculpt without warpaint to represent the early scenes and that red shirt outfit - these specifically intended for use on a seperately purchased muscle body (again assuming they would sell a muscle body seperately)

I could definitely see that happening. And that would make the most sense. But let's be completely honest here: YES you can swap out the two outfits that come with the DX Joker but we all know that's not HT's intention. It's no coincidence that HT just happened to release the narrow shouldered TT before the DX Joker is supposed to come out. I think it's obvious from the jump HT wanted people to purchase a seperate body to display BOTH outifts.

Now Marcus.. the extra clothing is meant for swapping because that figure doesn't come with a full set of extra clothes so it wouldn't matter if you DID have/purchase an extra body. You still can't get 2 full figures from that since you would still need to get the pants/boots/boot covers/shirt to do that.

But DX Joker has a full complete extra outfit. I see what you're saying though.. I'm just stating what we all know. :D

That would definitely work though.. and I think people would buy that happily.

watermark.php

:lol

i would love to have that verison

I could definitely see that happening. And that would make the most sense. But let's be completely honest here: YES you can swap out the two outfits that come with the DX Joker but we all know that's not HT's intention. It's no coincidence that HT just happened to release the narrow shouldered TT before the DX Joker is supposed to come out. I think it's obvious from the jump HT wanted people to purchase a seperate body to display BOTH outifts..

Yeah and while we'd all prefer if they'd provide 2 whole bodies to use both outfits simultaneously off the one purchase, it seems the DX line will not go quite that far if the Joker is anything to go by. The format looks to be 2 full outfits, 2 heads (and sets of hands?) and 1 body.

But as I said if you provide such a scene specific body as would be required of the Muddy Dutch then that other desired outfit of red shirt and tan pants just wouldn't be viable for use on that body at all. Sure it could physically be done but it wouldn't look right. So unlike the Joker where you can remove the default outfit and put on the other one and it will be completely fine it wouldn't be the case with Muddy Dutch/casual clothes. It would seem to demand the purchase of an entirely seperate body where the Joker doesn't...there its just an option that HT hope we'll go for. So the DX Dutch I'm suggesting is another step I wonder if they'd take.

Is it just me or does this Dutch figure look more like this rather than Dutch?

commando.jpg

Anyways, I just rented Predator and I'm gonna watch it now! :D

It's just you Nygma . . . just you. :rolleyes:

Seriously though this is a fantastic figure, couple of little issues but overall it's awesome. The neck isn't even that bad in person but I'm considering the mod. :confused:

Looking forward to seeing your Figuremaster overhauled Dutch pitu!!!

dutch ex. is my 1st ever sideshow order-im at "item shipping soon" when i log in to their site!- does this mean my credit card has been charged successfully???

Yeah and while we'd all prefer if they'd provide 2 whole bodies to use both outfits simultaneously off the one purchase, it seems the DX line will not go quite that far if the Joker is anything to go by. The format looks to be 2 full outfits, 2 heads (and sets of hands?) and 1 body.

But as I said if you provide such a scene specific body as would be required of the Muddy Dutch then that other desired outfit of red shirt and tan pants just wouldn't be viable for use on that body at all. Sure it could physically be done but it wouldn't look right. So unlike the Joker where you can remove the default outfit and put on the other one and it will be completely fine it wouldn't be the case with Muddy Dutch/casual clothes. It would seem to demand the purchase of an entirely seperate body where the Joker doesn't...there its just an option that HT hope we'll go for. So the DX Dutch I'm suggesting is another step I wonder if they'd take.

Nah I got you a-dev.. I was just saying. :D

But as I said if you provide such a scene specific body as would be required of the Muddy Dutch

That's why I have a feeling muddy Dutch will never be. It's a scene specific body for one film. Hellboy and Davy Jones at least covered a full movie and at least Davy that I know of, multiple movies (not sure if HB is diff between 1 and 2), but muddy Dutch would be a one time use body for only a brief scene in a single movie, may not be tempting enough to invest the money for HT.

Dutch is an amazing figure, I'm still hoping that like with the Aliens line we actually get some more soldiers...particularly looking for Blain with his mini-gun, Poncho and Dillon (lets face it...they already have the Carl Weather's sculpt down)

Come on Hot Toys, don't let us down

Back