NEW HT PREDATOR, 'Dutch' full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Predator 2 had cool characters and a cool Predator, the only thing that hurts it for me is the bizarre future of it, the weird tribal gangs idea just seemed very out of place in a city that pretty much looked present day.

I liked Harrigan, I like Paxton's character, Keyes was cool too, the Predator had some great stuff, it really was just a poor setting to put them all in.

P2 and AVP are kinda like opposites, P2 was good characters in a crappy setting, AVP was crappy characters in a good setting.

Predator 2 had cool characters and a cool Predator, the only thing that hurts it for me is the bizarre future of it, the weird tribal gangs idea just seemed very out of place in a city that pretty much looked present day.

But Sean it was the future! 1997! Who knew what kind of world we would live in 7 years from now when it came out. Where were the flying cars? :lol

Just my opinion. Look I wanted to like Alien 4 but I couldn't get into the crappy hybrid design along with the fact that they made the Queen weaksauce. And I can't stand the Aliens growling like dogs. Also they threw out the gestation period for chestbursters set by the previous films. Don't get me started on the French midget. :lol The only things that were cool were some of the crew, the production design, the aliens swimming scene, and the basketball scene. But again this is just my opinion. AvP has no balls (see PG-13 rating) with a story and AvP:R has a HORRIBLE story and gore. Go figure. This is just my opinion, even Alien 3 is more salvageable.

Agreed on almost all points!
But I found most of the crew rather poorly written and poorly played (for gags and not trying to make something out of the role other than the cliche that it was written as...). Also, I didn't like the basketball scene, it was just another example of trying to make a "cool" scene, instead of something with substance.
The growling aliens just hurt my ears! :lol

Well realistically all those movies suck from Alien to Predator unless you're a fan.

Blasphemy!

But seriously, I do think some of these movies touch upon very interesting subjects and themes. You just have to look beyond the Sci-Fi and horror trappings.
And don't even get me started on their visual and artistic merits...

I liked Harrigan, I like Paxton's character, Keyes was cool too, the Predator had some great stuff, it really was just a poor setting to put them all in.

P2 and AVP are kinda like opposites, P2 was good characters in a crappy setting, AVP was crappy characters in a good setting.

I liked everyone except Harrigan. I just never bought into his tough cop routine in any of his movies. I can overlook it now, but it still bothers me they couldn't get someone else.

personally I really liked the idea that there is a government team that research/hunts predators in P2 because of the events in P1. But they turn out to be total lame dog with all bark and no bite. Its almost like the writers wanted to copy the idea of colonial marines in Aliens but couldn't bring that into the rest of the movie.

I think that was the point, that the government team was arrogant and underestimated the Predator, and also to set up the Predator 2 had more gadgets than the previous one, so they set you up thinking they had a chance knowing how to work around the infrared and then that didn't work and it sets up a 1 on 1 with Harrigan who's like an equal in that's he just a raw guy, no tech, just pure instinct.

I liked everyone except Harrigan. I just never bought into his tough cop routine in any of his movies. I can overlook it now, but it still bothers me they couldn't get someone else.

Dude he's just too old for this sh_t. :lol

Personally I really liked the idea that there is a government team that research/hunts predators in P2 because of the events in P1. But they turn out to be total lame dog with all bark and no bite. Its almost like the writers wanted to copy the idea of colonial marines in Aliens but couldn't bring that into the rest of the movie.

BUSEY! Man I am bored at work. :wacky

Dumb question... but I assume the right arm and left arm should be equally poseable?

My Dutch arrived and I noticed that the forearm had some ripples (although nothing seems to be poking) and basically the elbow joint is useless... but the left works great. Just making sure there isn't some explanation.

Other than that great looking figure... just bummed as I might have to return him.

Got it. Love it. Case closed!

Not so fast, Chase. Post some pictures Bro!:D

Dumb question... but I assume the right arm and left arm should be equally poseable?

My Dutch arrived and I noticed that the forearm had some ripples (although nothing seems to be poking) and basically the elbow joint is useless... but the left works great. Just making sure there isn't some explanation.

Other than that great looking figure... just bummed as I might have to return him.

They should have the same articulation. You don't need to return the figure, just replace the arm.

Last edited:

That stinks GB :(

Hope you get a replacement asap!!!

Not so fast, Chase. Post some pictures Bro!:D

I took a few pix, nothing special, but I will post them in a few :rock

Really a great figure!

Dutch's due for me tomorrow, confirmed thanks to the nice warning call from UPS :lol, I do like thought that when Sideshow uses UPS with sig requirement, I get phone calls to alert me to have someone around.

Awesome. You take great pics Bro, Rambo was Classic. I could go for some King patio shots of this Guy.

Thnx Paul :rock :rock :rock

Unfortunately no outside shots, it rain like a cow pissing on a flat rock outside :( Have some HUGE weeds that would have made for some good "jungle" shots.

Just s few inside shots, nothing extreme. Hope you like. Better get some in before Sean gets his and makes all our pix look like ^^^^ :lol

SDC10845.jpg

SDC10838.jpg

SDC10844.jpg

SDC10859.jpg

SDC10865.jpg

Back