NEW HT PREDATOR, 'Dutch' full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thnx guyss :rock :rock :rock

Regarding the neck, yeah I just pulled the thingy out from inside the head and put the head back on without it.

Wow so you didn't even bother doing any cutting down of the connector? You just removed it completely? If so it seems to work, sounds like even less trouble than anyone thought. Nice pics.

Those pics made me drool! I am officially getting Dutch now

You've changed your mind a lot but ultimately come to the right decision :D

Wow so you didn't even bother doing any cutting down of the connector? You just removed it completely? If so it seems to work, sounds like even less trouble than anyone thought. Nice pics.

Yeah, if that works for me I'll be happy. Not that trimming seems hard, but at the price of these figures, anything irreparable worries me a bit, but just popping the plug out is harmless and no worries about that, plus no pain in the ass cutting some away, checking it, finding out it wasn't enough, trimming a little more, just pop it out and throw the head on and it's off to combat.

Yeah, if that works for me I'll be happy. Not that trimming seems hard, but at the price of these figures, anything irreparable worries me a bit, but just popping the plug out is harmless and no worries about that, plus no pain in the ass cutting some away, checking it, finding out it wasn't enough, trimming a little more, just pop it out and throw the head on and it's off to combat.

I'll do the same, if I ever get one... :monkey2

Got both Dutch and Predator today from Toys2. Both fantastic figures! Dutch is so incredibly intricate; I love all of his little pockets, flaps, and weapons. They painted bullets in the clip of the gun, for pete sake! I really really like the rubber body; it's got a nice feel to it, and just makes the arms look so much better. Regarding the neck that such a fuss is made about, it looked a little long out of the box but I just pushed down on it and now it looks great IMO.

At first, I was dissapointed that Hot Toys included the older around-the-stomach stand, but it actually does a really good job of holding down his oversized clothes and the pockets on the brown vest cover the stand's arms right up. Looks really good!

Edit: I just found out by accident that the clip comes out of the pistol too!

Heres some crappy pics of my P1 figures. You might notice the fully clothed Dutch is on a standard True-type body, thus greater range of poseability in the arms. I used the asian True-type as its a close match. Only problem is the shoulders are a bit wide even for Arnie. Perhaps the slim shoulder true-type would be more appropriate - or perhaps a Bruce wayne long neck rather than the standard length would help. Anyway...

HTP1figs1.jpg

HTP1figs10.jpg

HTP1figs2.jpg

HTP1figs3.jpg

HTP1figs4.jpg

HTP1figs5.jpg

HTP1figs6.jpg

HTP1figs8.jpg

HTP1figs9.jpg

HTP1figs.jpg

Haven't modded the neck yet.

a-dev.............nice body swap...........i kind of felt the same way about covering the body with clothes , seemed like a waste of money & the extra body could be used to bash something else........(like a conan...::cool:) so why not change?

a-dev.............nice body swap...........i kind of felt the same way about covering the body with clothes , seemed like a waste of money & the extra body could be used to bash something else........(like a conan...::cool:) so why not change?

If you're only buying one Dutch and you're happy to display the fully clothed look then yeah you're as well to switch everything onto a regular truetype so you can make use of the muscle body elsewhere. In doing so you gain articulation. Relatively huge range of arm motion at shoulders and elbows, more head movement etc.

Its a matter of finding the right truetype to go under the clothes though. As I said the standard one with the wide unsloping shoulders looks a tad strange. Maybe if I had a spare extra long TT neck it would solve the appearance mine has whereby the wide shoulders make the head look squat to the body. Then I could create a natural looking slope to the shoulders using some bluetack hidden by the clothes. I'll try this next time I have the opportunity.

Hi all! Long time lurker, first time poster! Dutch is my first real step into the 1/6th universe. Never been much of a 12" collector before, but I just knew I had to have Dutch! Here's a few meager pics I snapped tonite. Unfortunately, he had quite a few flaws, and I think I'm going to try and exchange him. Note the collar on the jacket. One side is huge and the other is much too small. That was the most glaring one. Anyways, happy to finally be posting here! Can't wait to get my Predator!

Got mine in from Sideshow today. Has two right arms so I'm sending it back. Looked pretty cool but I think I lost interest in him.

Sorry to hear that. I was afraid mine would come like that but Hot Toys just decided to put mine on backwards instead:lol Seriously how does one mess that up on the assembly line.

Man, the QC on this figure sounds like some of the worst from HT, arms that won't pose, wrong arms attached. UPS just handed my my Dutch, but now I'm scared to open it, hopefully he's all good, I've been eager to get him.

Back