NEW HT PREDATOR, 'Dutch' full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the suggestion. Was thinking about trying this but wanted to see if anyone else had an idea...something maybe I wasn't thinking of.

Arnie is "going under the knife" today sometime. I'll let you know how it turned out.

Thanks again guys!

I've ran some very hot water over the joint and was able to pull out a broken peg before.

Thanks to all for the suggestions!

Dutch is out of surgery and doing 100% better. I tried everyone's suggestion and a combination (minus the glue, couldn't get anything to really adhere to the broken peg) of them worked.

The broken peg finally came out after I tried to drill down a little further with a small drill bit. The broken peg kind of mysteriously just popped up, from the pressure I guess (that's what she said!).

I was kind of pizzzed to discover though that Dutch didn't come with any additional pegs. WTF? I thought all the figures came with extras, just thought it was a given.

I used an extra peg from my Joker DX and he's tip top now. I don't think I am going to touch him again though....that was a pain to remove.

although rather new Dutch didn't come with extra pegs. Of the newer stuff I'ved purchased the Connors, Blade, and Wolverine had extra pegs.

although rather new Dutch didn't come with extra pegs. Of the newer stuff I'ved purchased the Connors, Blade, and Wolverine had extra pegs.

Yeah I got them with my Blade and I thought my Predator but I could be wrong there.

Just think it should be a given to toss in a few extras. They can't cost Hot Toys that much to produce and it's nice for us collectors. Hopefully this is the norm going forward.

I thought my Predator but I could be wrong there.

You're not wrong, HT's always been good with pegs and Predators, often every hand came with it's own peg. In the old days, they had very toy-like hands that were so soft they'd pop off pegs with ease, but the modern figures, not so much, and I think they finally just got sick of getting replacement requests and opted to pack extras, but really, they end up with 4 pegs and 6 hands in some sets, so it's like, why not just put in a peg for each hand.

You're not wrong, HT's always been good with pegs and Predators, often every hand came with it's own peg. In the old days, they had very toy-like hands that were so soft they'd pop off pegs with ease, but the modern figures, not so much, and I think they finally just got sick of getting replacement requests and opted to pack extras, but really, they end up with 4 pegs and 6 hands in some sets, so it's like, why not just put in a peg for each hand.

Because that makes perfect sense and would be too easy. :dunno

I still have had no word from Hot Toys about my broken Dutch. Getting a bit annoyed now. Maybe I should email them again?!
He's a 150 quid figure man and he should not be breaking like that.

I still have had no word from Hot Toys about my broken Dutch. Getting a bit annoyed now. Maybe I should email them again?!
He's a 150 quid figure man and he should not be breaking like that.

I feel your pain... My Joker DX eyes broke... So I had to pay to replace or find a fix... I choose the fix... Im not paying more for a 170 dollar figure that shouldnt have broke so easy to begin with...

I feel your pain... My Joker DX eyes broke... So I had to pay to replace or find a fix... I choose the fix... Im not paying more for a 170 dollar figure that shouldnt have broke so easy to begin with...

Did you fix it ok?
If Hot Toys don't come back to me, it will leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Just got my Dutch today. Wow he is impressive. Definitely worth it. My friend is getting the T-800 so now we'll have the two ultimate Arnolds! I feel sorry for him though. He's all by himself surrounded by 3 predators on my self! :D

Just got my Dutch today. Wow he is impressive. Definitely worth it. My friend is getting the T-800 so now we'll have the two ultimate Arnolds! I feel sorry for him though. He's all by himself surrounded by 3 predators on my self! :D

It's the preds I feel sorry for :D

ordered my Dutch on Friday hopefully he get here soon

It's the preds I feel sorry for :D

:rotfl Thats true man!

Well out of 5 hot toys i own, including my new Dutch, I knew I'd have to get screwed eventually! Too bad it was Dutch! The guy I bought it from said new in box. Once I opened the box I knew it wasn't. The tape was cut and there were no straps holding him in place. But the same could be said for my Hot Toys TDK Two-Face and there was nothing wrong with him so I figured "eh whatever." Now the figure is complete with all accessories and in good shape until I straightened his collar and saw his neck. When you turn his head there is a small chunk missing in the rubber. On top of that and way more important since the chunk can be hidden under his chin, it looks like they either didn't paint his neck or it got sprayed silver! I'm sure this isn't normal. I'm a little pissed. He looks like a robot with that silver neck. I take it there isn't anything I could do?

I'm not sure how well this pic will show it but the chunk out is at the top which is no big, but the middle of his next is grey/silver and it looks horrid.

0424101331a.jpg

Last edited:
The chunk under the neck is common on all Dutches and all rubber bodies too I believe, thats just the way rubber bodies are. You would only see it when the head is turned completely to one side of the other...Not sure about that silver paint thing though, that sounds like a defect to me.

The chunk under the neck is common on all Dutches and all rubber bodies too I believe, thats just the way rubber bodies are. You would only see it when the head is turned completely to one side of the other...Not sure about that silver paint thing though, that sounds like a defect to me.

Agreed :lecture

Back