NEW HT PREDATOR, 'Dutch' full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow great pics, so with a bit of luck they should be arriving this month....May is indeed a massive month for figures.........bring on Dutch and Billly (hopefully)

Well, I'm not against where the joint is, I'm just not happy with the execution. Either the neck needs to be smaller or the head larger so the two pieces line up properly, that's my issue, the mismatch of elements, not the design.

Then I'd like to take this opportunity to agree with you again. Trouble is either option - making the head bigger or making the neck thinner - would seem to present other problems. A bigger head could potentially bring it out of scale with other HT figures and/or make the body seem too small for Arnold, while a thinner neck could look strange on this big muscle body.

Rocky IV and Rambo never bothered me because the heads are bigger and therefore the neck doesn`t look very long.

You can sort of see it on Rambo 3, the first Rambo with the new style head and last on the muscle body ( for NOW HT :tap) but his hair hides it, Rocky 3 shined it, Drago showed it. Even Rocky IV sort of shows it, not as much as Rocky 3 though. Strange thing is, I don't think the heads are that much smaller, I don't know what it is.

Then I'd like to take this opportunity to agree with you again. Trouble is either option - making the head bigger or making the neck thinner - would seem to present other problems. A bigger head could potentially bring it out of scale with other HT figures and/or make the body seem too small for Arnold, while a thinner neck could look strange on this big muscle body.

Well, I'd say the neck is the issue providing the heads are in the same scale. Dutch will be my first HT figure since this issue came to be so apparent, so I'll be curious to compare it to other heads. I know the two HT Bales are a bit smaller than most HT heads.

If the head is proper sized, then the neck should be smaller or shaped differently or something. When they have the plastic neck posts, the proportions are good so some minor refining should be all the muscle body needs. Maybe make the joint deeper up in the head a bit, probably hurts poseability, but something just isn't working.

You can sort of see it on Rambo 3, the first Rambo with the new style head and last on the muscle body ( for NOW HT :tap) but his hair hides it, Rocky 3 shined it, Drago showed it. Even Rocky IV sort of shows it, not as much as Rocky 3 though. Strange thing is, I don't think the heads are that much smaller, I don't know what it is.

Yeah i know what you mean with Rambo 3,but still i think it is near perfect,i display one of mine without the tank top and the neck never bothered me,compare Rambo 3 with Rocky 3 and you will see the huge difference.

I have NO problem HT making the heads smaller,because it looks better but at the same time they should reduce the size of the neck.With a whole new Muscle Body i was hoping HT would get rid of that Chiraffe neck for good.

For some reason HT necks are often tall, even on regular figures. Trouble with the muscle body is the standardization. I think they make the necks for layers of clothes, which is fine, but when you get shirtless characters like Rocky, it can really hurt the look.

The only figure that ever bothered me was Ivan Drago, other than that I see maybe a smaller head issue. Regardless it is a common issue amongst collectors so it is a valid problem.

I don't mind it.

For some reason HT necks are often tall, even on regular figures. Trouble with the muscle body is the standardization. I think they make the necks for layers of clothes, which is fine, but when you get shirtless characters like Rocky, it can really hurt the look.

I agree, poor Tony Stark (head) requires a special neck adapter to make it look right and Dutch has a turtle neck.

Did you guys order the Exclusive or regular version from Sideshow? I'm on the waitlist for the exclusive, but i'm not sure if the exclusive headset is that important, especially since the regular is available.

Damn! I just checked the Sideshow site and the regular is now waitlisted too! I knew this was going to happen. I kept thinking to myself to order the regular while it was available for pre-order and forget about the exclusive. Should have listened to myself...

Did you guys order the Exclusive or regular version from Sideshow? I'm on the waitlist for the exclusive, but i'm not sure if the exclusive headset is that important, especially since the regular is available.

I was 'toying' with the exc or reg on eBay today and went with the reg. Never would display him with the headset, so the additional £20 or so would be a waste.

I missed out on the exclusive therefore, I ordered the regular version. A headset is not a big deal IMO.

I am excited, I received my 20 - 25 day notice too:chew

A few pics from toy world forum:

dutch-01.jpg

dutch-02.jpg

dutch-03.jpg

dutch-04.jpg

dutch-05.jpg

dutch-06.jpg

dutch-07.jpg

dutch-08.jpg

dutch-09.jpg

dutch-10.jpg