NEW HT PREDATOR, 'Dutch' full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course it can look better, most of these images are in pretty flooded lighting, not flash bad, but still heavily lit, some detail lost, minimal shadow and light play to give a more realistic feel, they're photographed like a toy so it looks like a toy. Photographed like a real person this figure will look like a real person like every HT figure of the past 2 years.

I understand what holtrax means when he likens Dutch to the 80's He-Man. He does kinda have that look when shirtless in that one pic BUT he definitely isn't unimpressive in this pic.

ap_20090514020630693.jpg.jpg

I wonder how much of the sudden figure knocking is due to lack of funds for some to buy this right now. I know I tend to be more critical of a piece I would get if I could, but want to feel better about not being able to.

i had to cancel Billy for the time being, but am keeping Dutch. Look forward to some inhand pics (good ones) - especially with his jacket on - it looks like his jacket may be too big, but hopefully with some futzing it will look great. he definitely looks less toyish with his jacket on.

I wonder how much of the sudden figure knocking is due to lack of funds for some to buy this right now. I know I tend to be more critical of a piece I would get if I could, but want to feel better about not being able to.

This is a very general comment, but the vibe I get with a lot of the negative comments around this site lately is the sense of entitlement, a lot of people post like they expect the product to be something and don't care what it is, get wrapped up in that it's not what they expected/want and almost want to tell the maker to ^^^^ off and act like they're insulted by what the company put out. I don't think it has anything to do with money, but something about eastern culture is really growing people to feel like their entitled to everything and can have everything the way they want it. You'd think with swine flus and economic nose dives that it would improve and get better, but it doesn't change.

I agree its not the best way to start off but if it is one of the most anticipated figure ever it should be near perfect. Im not and i hope others aren't expecting minature midgets to be made but if they can do such a good job on the rambo figure why not the dutch one. The rambo figure is photgraphed in the same light as the dutch one in the toyworld photo and it just looks way better in terms of overall body ratio size,lack of visible seam lines and the paint application. Imo they got the body structure for arnie all wrong. Sure he looks great in certain light in certain clothing but dress him down a bit and he just looks like the he man figure from the 80's.

Im guessing in all light spectrum the rambo one would look great. That for me is just annoying added to the neck size and other issues i mentioned which have definetly put me off getting this one. I guess we can all talk about this but the real test is when the figure arrives at peoples doorsteps and they get an up close and personal look at him.

Dutch looks like he did in the proto pics, all of a sudden everyone is on board with not liking him. :confused:

I think some (but not all) who do that usually try to pull this crap so they can justify cancelling him and not spending the money. He is THE best Dutch we will ever get, I am a HotToys fan but people have been so fair weather on here lately. :rolleyes:

I agree its not the best way to start off but if it is one of the most anticipated figure ever it should be near perfect. Im not and i hope others aren't expecting minature midgets to be made but if they can do such a good job on the rambo figure why not the dutch one. The rambo figure is photgraphed in the same light as the dutch one in the toyworld photo and it just looks way better in terms of overall body ratio size,lack of visible seam lines and the paint application. Imo they got the body structure for arnie all wrong. Sure he looks great in certain light in certain clothing but dress him down a bit and he just looks like the he man figure from the 80's.

Im guessing in all light spectrum the rambo one would look great. That for me is just annoying added to the neck size and other issues i mentioned which have definetly put me off getting this one. I guess we can all talk about this but the real test is when the figure arrives at peoples doorsteps and they get an up close and personal look at him.

Part of Rambo lookiing good is the fact you really can't pose his head much because of the hair, so not posing and hiding the neck with hair takes away and of that appearance.

The only issues I see with Dutch are the way the neck is and the showing of the shoulder joints, which was all there from the start. Outside of the neck and joints, I don't see anything about the figure that makes him look lesser than Rambo in quality.

I think some (but not all) who do that usually try to pull this crap so they can justify cancelling him and not spending the money. He is THE best Dutch we will ever get, I am a HotToys fan but people have been so fair weather on here lately. :rolleyes:

BINGO! There is not one figure I own that doesn't have flaws but I don't care about little nancy details. Look at the big picture for God's sake.

That camo gear is definitely going to need some weathering work. Doesn't look as bold as the ALIENS figures, but something about camo, when it's not weathered it looks so much more pristine and clean than solid color fabrics.

Back