NEW HT PREDATOR, 'Dutch' full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You do know what "money shots" are, don't you? Check my signature for a hint.

I was not using money shot in that context. :angelsmil

I could apply Dr. Freud's theories on the unconscious mind to create a scenario were it could apply. Perhaps if HT Dutch was a mini-me of Arnold in some obscure way I could make it work. :naughty

Easily the most antcipated figure of 09 (so far). I think the cheesy toyish quality is in the pics not the figure itself (I hope).

You cant go wrong with this.

htdutch.jpg

Its a great looking figure... sure not exactly like the proto, but that's always the case. But I for one am stoked about getting him... but after seeing how dumb the exc. looks (even though I knew it was dumb) I'm reconsidering the need for an exclusive.

ITS DUTCH !!! THE FIGURE THAT WE'VE ALWAYS WANTED !!!. :rock:rock:rock

Its awesome in my opinion. I have no problems with anything really. For a straight out of the box figure I think it looks very very impressive.

This is a very general comment, but the vibe I get with a lot of the negative comments around this site lately is the sense of entitlement, a lot of people post like they expect the product to be something and don't care what it is, get wrapped up in that it's not what they expected/want and almost want to tell the maker to ^^^^ off and act like they're insulted by what the company put out. I don't think it has anything to do with money, but something about eastern culture is really growing people to feel like their entitled to everything and can have everything the way they want it. You'd think with swine flus and economic nose dives that it would improve and get better, but it doesn't change.

Perspective people. It is a toy. People may have opinions positive or negative about a toy.

I do not like the elongated neck and the brown / tan shirt but neither is a deal breaker. I did not plan on posing him in the button down so that is not a big deal.

I did post that certain photo's from the Rambo, Billy team up didn't do him justice and made the figure look like a cheesy toy.

I did not take away anything in any negative post of Arnie to think such thoughts of entitlement :dunno

Its a great looking figure... sure not exactly like the proto, but that's always the case. But I for one am stoked about getting him... but after seeing how dumb the exc. looks (even though I knew it was dumb) I'm reconsidering the need for an exclusive.

Indeed it is probably the strangest Ex. I've ever seen, even with some of the odd ones SSC's done, they've all been pretty nice and had some valid way to add to the figure, but a headset with no helicopter is strange. I'm still going to get it, if I can keep my order, just because as a photog, I like to have all the accessories and I don't think with SSC there's a price difference. I will get some photos with the gear on and they'll look nice, but displayed on a shelf, not so much :lol

Its awesome in my opinion. I have no problems with anything really. For a straight out of the box figure I think it looks very very impressive.

To me it's exactly what a Hot Toys Dutch should look like given the elements used to make it.

I don't get it. I just read through the last 10 or so pages of this thread (trying to catch up) and a lot of it has been negative. Are you guys blind? This figure is INCREDIBLE and I'm not even a big Predator/Dutch fan. What the hell is going on here? Of course, everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but I'm honestly not sure if we're all looking at the same figure here.

How many of you are going to display him sans complete outfit? He looks best with all his gear on as opposed to just going shirtless.

Is there a way to add weathering/dirt/sweat effects to the muscle body? I think it would help make it blend with the paint on the head and it'd make it more realistic.

I don't get it. I just read through the last 10 or so pages of this thread (trying to catch up) and a lot of it has been negative. Are you guys blind? This figure is INCREDIBLE and I'm not even a big Predator/Dutch fan. What the hell is going on here? Of course, everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but I'm honestly not sure if we're all looking at the same figure here.

How many of you are going to display him sans complete outfit? He looks best with all his gear on as opposed to just going shirtless.

Is there a way to add weathering/dirt/sweat effects to the muscle body? I think it would help make it blend with the paint on the head and it'd make it more realistic.

:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

How many of you are going to display him sans complete outfit?

Me, I'd go for classic poster look with just the gear vest, but I'm happy with how he turned out.

I know people have customized muscle figures with paint and dirt, but when HT ships a little flyer saying don't do that, for the sake of my investment, I listen.

Its not hate. I just have some criticisms of the figure based on new in-hand photos that I didn't have before.

I recognise however that these things always looks better in person. Flash photography also can be unflattering. Even the great Bank robber Joker looks rather less good under a flash.

Back