NEW HT PREDATOR, 'Dutch' full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The obsessives on here will never be happy with a character no matter how well done it is and always whine about the most trivial things...Nipples on Hellboy, Kane & Dallas cant see very well out the top of their helmets, Predator too short, Dutch's head too long...etc etc zzzzzzzzzzz
Yeah, as consumers you have a right to voice concerns about a product but when you obsess over it and then create a drama, well....Its all very weird to me, i just see i sweet looking figure of one of my favourite franchises. I can forgive the odd inconsistency. If its crappy i wont buy it and move on...SIMPLES

The Hot Toys die hards here will always be happy with a character no matter how badly it is done and always praise the most obvious deficiencies. They will also defend a Hot Toys figure to the death forgetting the fact that others may have a different opinion.....

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Anyone ordered this one at abc-express and heard anything about it?

Yeah I did. They should be getting stock in about 2 to 3 weeks time. If I would of known they get their stock much later, than I would not of pre-ordered from them. And for the Predator maybe about 3 to 4 weeks time:(

Last edited:
Yeah I did. They should be getting stock in about 2 to 3 weeks time. If I would of known they get their stock much later, than I would not of pre-ordered from them. And for the Predator maybe about 3 to 4 weeks time:(

As long as i get them it is fine. ABC-express are great with shipping and packaging, a good store.

Sometimes, I agree it's too much, but like Dutch's head neck issue, the Proto looked fine, the figure photographed in the instructions that come with him looks fine, so obviously something didn't go right with the production, but likely, someone at HT can look at what happened and take measures on future figures using that body to correct the issue. If there were no visual proof better could be achieved by HT, I wouldn't speak about it, but when it came out right and went wrong, I would like them to investigate and improve.

To those that wail on Hot Toys and how good they are, and put down those who happen to voice their opinions and experiences, that may put Hot Toys in a more negative light, I refer you to this typical statement, that is made concerning their product and the reason why they are typically late in releasing their figures.

"# RELEASE DATE: at least the .......of 2009 (Item may has chance to delay due to their professionalism to guarantee the quality.) "

Typically there is no guarantee on their quality. So what are they doing when their product arrives late with the quality faults, ranging from the obvious, lack of likeness etc, and the more obscured faults such as fragile wrists legs etc???? Yes, in the old days Hot Toys did delay it's product to enhance it, but now that reason no longer washes.

Rather than bear down with statements about perspective etc, how about you try listening to what some people say and get some reality perspectives of your own. People shouldn't have to defend themselves against the holier than thou attitude of the fan boys.

It's only when someone like Maulfan says something that these people withdraw and lay quiet. Which is why I quoted him in this case, but I would only add that they had their time to investigate, and as far as improving they didn't bother to. This isn't an isolated case and it isn't something Hot Toys should do with each individual release. They ought to take an overall look at how they, as a company, operate, and it's been that way for much too long already. It isn't about "if you don't like it don't buy it", because in most cases the rendition you get is the one you're stuck with and that happens to be a 'like it or lump it' attitude from the company. In short, Hot Toys has the capability but doesn't even allow itself to attain higher standards in many cases. Sure it a process of expansion and contraction. Maybe that is the problem Hot Toys needs to address to maintain a level of consistency.

MY DUTCH HAS 2 LEFT ARMS!!!! :banghead

I can imagine that might be annoying, will go and cheeck mine, it literally just arrived!

EDIT-

Phew, all present and correct!

First impressions, love it! but I'll scrutinise when I get home!

I'm in work so I can't even attempt to post pics at this time. Suffice to say my day has quickly gone from joy to sheer frustration.

MY DUTCH HAS 2 LEFT ARMS!!!! :banghead

And that is his weak arm!!!!

commando-sully-2.jpg

Anyway, the figure looks fantastic. I'm rather upset about the 2 left arms - theres no keeping this one, it has to go back (a process I've never before had to go through). The neck mod is also a must-do. It looks unnatural - simple as that. Apart from that the figure, as usual, looks better in person than in photos.

can you post pictures?

I will later. Be forewarned they'll be cameraphone pictures and I'm sort of new to the picture-posting domain - I seem to have trouble resizing them to more manageable sizes.

:rolleyes: It had to be Dutch - THE one I've been looking forward to for years and years! Billy seems to be fine - not that I'm complaining about that I just would rather the problem have been with him.

How does two left arms work???? Is it put on backwards or something? :confused:

That's messed up - I guess someone at HT thought it would be funny :rolleyes:

How does two left arms work???? Is it put on backwards or something? :confused:

That's messed up - I guess someone at HT thought it would be funny :rolleyes:

Naturally today, a tuesday, is managing to be a busy day in work so I can barely type 3 words without being interrupted but...

When I opened Dutch all looked well in the box as he's fully clothed. When I got him out though it was apparent his 'right' arm was bent the wrong way. It didn't dawn on me what this would mean. I took off his jacket and his bicep was facing backwards - not in an 'oh the articulation just got twisted around somehow' way - in a 'Holy >>>k thats another left arm' kind of way! He's got the appropriate hands - just 2 left arms.

Back