NEW HT PREDATOR, 'Dutch' full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y'all will think I'm mad but I might try to salvage this without sending it back. You see I'm also getting the SS exclusive Dutch - I was always planning to have one outfitted like on the film poster and one in full dress. If theres a way of swapping his arm for a normal truetype arm I might just keep this one and use it as my ''Camp assault'' Dutch.

Wow. Bad luck man. :(

Good on you for sounding so remarkably calm about it.

Apart from my initial post anyway :D

Honestly I really hope I can get away with not sending him back, I don't want that hassle. Maybe I can get my brother to engineer a way to put a normal truetype arm on him. He'd be a freak but you wouldn't be able to tell with the jacket on.

If this can't be done then he won't be much use for anything other than straight arm poses.

Either send it back or ask HT for a replacement arm. You spent enough money on the damn thing. You need to let HT know they do make mistakes!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I'd take plenty of pics then send them to HT direct and ask for a replacement arm. Just warm the shoulder with a hairdryer and I'm sure it will pop off easy enough. If you need to send it back one arm in some bubble wrap should be cheap enough.

OK I know what I'm going to do. I'll have to post pics to illustrate this later.

I can turn the arm around so that the biceps and triceps are pointing in their appropriate directions - thus the elbow will appear to bend the right way. However the fact remains that this is a left arm in a right shoulder socket - the full rubber shoulder prevents the arm going down by his side as it would normally be able to do and the most that can physically be managed is for the arm to stick out at a ninety degree angle to the body - and in this way the figures armpit effectively becomes the shoulder. Unfortunately the socket and all the jointing is now exposed. However this would be moot if I have the figure fully clothed.

Thus, I will simply cut away the requisite amount of rubber at the shoulder actual in order to turn it into an armpit and allow the shoulder articulation to function normally. Its a bummer but as I said I was planning to have one of my 2 Dutch figures fully clothed anyway - this will be him.

Now if my SS Exclusive figure ends up having the same problem that'll be a different story!

sorry to hear that. you'll probably be able to just get a right arm sent out. personally I wouldn't do an arm switch myself. you paid too much for the figure to have to end up with a rigged up Dutch.

Either send it back or ask HT for a replacement arm. You spent enough money on the damn thing. You need to let HT know they do make mistakes!

Yeah, I'd take plenty of pics then send them to HT direct and ask for a replacement arm. Just warm the shoulder with a hairdryer and I'm sure it will pop off easy enough. If you need to send it back one arm in some bubble wrap should be cheap enough.

Unless you guys think I should send it back as a matter of principle....hmm.

I'd only have to send back the arm? I didn't think of that.

When I asked for a new blue Aliens Warrior leg, I just sent them pics of the item and they sent me the new leg, no need to post anything to them. Just be sure to email them directly and not internally thru their website or you'll never hear from them.

Alternatively you might be able to get a nude bod cheap on ebay-
https://cgi.ebay.com/HOT-TOYS-1-6-P...QitemZ250428527951QQihZ015QQcategoryZ27294QQs

Then sell your old one, someone'll want it for a Terminator bash (stick an endo arm on it and voila!)

xneca39836s.jpg

When I asked for a new blue Aliens Warrior leg, I just sent them pics of the item and they sent me the new leg, no need to post anything to them. Just be sure to email them directly and not internally thru their website or you'll never hear from them.

First, Thrifty - I got it from Toys2.

Nicky, so what is the email address you would use? I see [email protected] on the box for Dutch but also [email protected]

Even better if I don't have to send back the arm let alone the entire figure. Maybe I might need a spare in the future.

First, Thrifty - I got it from Toys2.

If you got it from Toys2, contact them and they'll act as a go between with Hot Toys, Toys2 has always taken care of me. Twice I got HT figures where the wrist peg broke right out of the box, Toys2 got new ones and shipped them to me.

If you got it from Toys2, contact them and they'll act as a go between with Hot Toys, Toys2 has always taken care of me. Twice I got HT figures where the wrist peg broke right out of the box, Toys2 got new ones and shipped them to me.

I thought of that because might there be a language barrier talking to Hot Toys directly? I presume Toys2 must communicate with them somehow. I imagine it could take longer though.

I was talking to my brother there, he said if its a case of either just sending back the arm or even not having to send back anything at all then I should go for that option before thinking of doing any modding as I was talking about earlier.

This all might not be so bad - my primary annoyance was the thoughts of having to send back the entire figure.

I tried to copy some shots from screen grabs. Here they are.

To mods. If there is a problem having FOX images in my own, just let me know and I will delete them.

They are not exact, but they are close enough for me.:D

Dutchpose001.jpg

Dutchpose002.jpg

Dutchpose003.jpg

Dutchpose004.jpg

Dutchpose005.jpg

Dutchpose006.jpg

Nice pics.:cool: This is a great looking figure. Definitely an 8.5 out of 10.

Nicky, so what is the email address you would use? I see [email protected] on the box.
Go for that one, I used it and there was no langauge barrier problem. All your saying is you recivfed 2 left arms and have attatched a picture so they should be able to work it out! No need for Toys 2 to act as a go-between, just contact HT direct. I did.

I thought of that because might there be a language barrier talking to Hot Toys directly? I presume Toys2 must communicate with them somehow. I imagine it could take longer though.

I was talking to my brother there, he said if its a case of either just sending back the arm or even not having to send back anything at all then I should go for that option before thinking of doing any modding as I was talking about earlier.

This all might not be so bad - my primary annoyance was the thoughts of having to send back the entire figure.

Since the arms are ball and sock joints, I would imagine you might be able to arrange just getting a new arm. Talk to Toys2, they've always taken good care of me which is why I give them a lot of my HT business, they'll guide you with your options.

Go for that one, I used it and there was no langauge barrier problem. All your saying is you recivfed 2 left arms and have attatched a picture so they should be able to work it out! No need for Toys 2 to act as a go-between, just contact HT direct. I did.

Since the arms are ball and sock joints, I would imagine you might be able to arrange just getting a new arm. Talk to Toys2, they've always taken good care of me which is why I give them a lot of my HT business, they'll guide you with your options.

Way to confuse the guy!!!!!!!!!! :lol:lol:lol:lol

Cool. How long did it take you to get your Alien leg? I wonder will I have my sideshow exclusive by the time this gets resolved.

As to Wookster's idea - I don't think I'd sell the spare arm as I rather like the thoughts of having an extra - either a 'just in case' scenario or for some kind of custom.

Back