NEW HT PREDATOR, 'Dutch' full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say if we see Blaine and Mac (perhaps even Dillon as a third?) announced as the 'next' figures in the line then they'll almost certainly be the last. I doubt they'd release Poncho and Hawkins together although they'd be worth it to me.

To bring another Dutch version out this really wouldn't make any sense. I mean he really could be customized.

The only alternate version worth HT making is the mudded battle look, and while someone probably can and will customize it, the method will probably be something that could compromise the longevity of the muscle body rubber, the best route is for HT to do it themselves. Only challenge with that is, it'd likely be to sculpt the texture onto a body and mold it in that grey tone, and that makes the body a one time use item, they'd have to feel really strongly that the figure would sell well and be worth the investment to go that far. They've done it for Hellboy and Davy Jones, but where they've already made a Dutch, is it going to be worth the gamble to them.

I would say if we see Blaine and Mac (perhaps even Dillon as a third?) announced as the 'next' figures in the line then they'll almost certainly be the last. I doubt they'd release Poncho and Hawkins together although they'd be worth it to me.

I think the only other team member with a chance of seeing the light of day is Dillon because they could possibly just reuse Apollo, unless the likeness is too close, but from what I gather, Billy's portrait is overall the same quality as the old Apollo head, and his clothes and gear aren't too complex compared to Blaine or Mac.

if Dillons' arm breaks you can just tear the rest of the rubber and hey presto Battle damaged Dillon :D

=MaulFan;1725039]The only alternate version worth HT making is the mudded battle look, and while someone probably can and will customize it, the method will probably be something that could compromise the longevity of the muscle body rubber, the best route is for HT to do it themselves. Only challenge with that is, it'd likely be to sculpt the texture onto a body and mold it in that grey tone, and that makes the body a one time use item, they'd have to feel really strongly that the figure would sell well and be worth the investment to go that far. They've done it for Hellboy and Davy Jones, but where they've already made a Dutch, is it going to be worth the gamble to them.

I agree that HT should make that one themselves. I really hope HT will do it, it can have some really cool stuff; bow and arrows, spear, torch, a new jungle-like base. That one would be the perfect figure to end the line with in my opinion.

I agree that HT should make that one themselves. I really hope HT will do it, it can have some really cool stuff; bow and arrows, spear, torch, a new jungle-like base. That one would be the perfect figure to end the line with in my opinion.

Definitely, the only reason I could see them not doing it would be like I said, needing a body that only has a one time use, he'd have to be worth that in their eyes. While i hear good things about the figure's quality, I hear the HB 2 figure isn't selling like crazy though, so maybe that has them thinking twice about unique bodies, also I don't know how well Davy Jones sold in their eyes either.

All these companies love to use reusable bodies, so you get builds that may not be exact for figures but close enough, like Dutch having a bulky body but not necessarily exact Arnie definition, so pieces like muddy Dutch have to feel worth the expense of using a body that can only be used for that one figure, sculpt time, prodcution costs, molds.

Definitely, the only reason I could see them not doing it would be like I said, needing a body that only has a one time use, he'd have to be worth that in their eyes. While i hear good things about the figure's quality, I hear the HB 2 figure isn't selling like crazy though, so maybe that has them thinking twice about unique bodies, also I don't know how well Davy Jones sold in their eyes either.

All these companies love to use reusable bodies, so you get builds that may not be exact for figures but close enough, like Dutch having a bulky body but not necessarily exact Arnie definition, so pieces like muddy Dutch have to feel worth the expense of using a body that can only be used for that one figure, sculpt time, prodcution costs, molds.

True, it will depend on the popularity of the first release i guess.

Dutch arrived today. Great clothing and accessories. Likeness is good but head is way smaller than all my other 1:6 figures. Bit of a dissapointment.

Big neck and small head definitely confirms a production issue where more properly sized heads will result in the head lower on the neck as it should be.

It's rather strange, both Batman's and all 3 Joker heads turned out fine, but both Bales, and now apparently Dutch, are on the smaller side, bad factory or something maybe.

Its dissapointing unless of course you leave his jacket on. I'm starting to think they designed the neck to accommodate the high collars. Sounds stupid but may be the case. Could you imagine how weird his neck would look if shorter with the same jacket on?

Its dissapointing unless of course you leave his jacket on. I'm starting to think they designed the neck to accommodate the high collars. Sounds stupid but may be the case. Could you imagine how weird his neck would look if shorter with the same jacket on?

I don't think so, the mods have shown that the head can be lower down. I believe the neck and body were crafted to the prototype head size but something in production shrunk it too much. Apparently it's common for heads to shrink some in production, but apparently it can vary and Dutch may have come out on the worst end of things.

Big neck and small head definitely confirms a production issue where more properly sized heads will result in the head lower on the neck as it should be.

They did seem to have issues with the head sculpt several times even after it was "approved".

It could very well be production miss-haps like you say. Hot Toys could have very well started production on the body but waited till they fixed the head. Once they got on line with the head...perhaps some sizing and factory issues messed it up.

Like I've said before on the neck issue, just look now nicely the head rests on the body in the instruction manual that comes with Dutch, looks perfect, so something somwhere changed, be it body or head, and either way, it can be a non-issue in the future but clearly something has to be compensated for.

Apparently it's common for heads to shrink some in production, but apparently it can vary and Dutch may have come out on the worst end of things.

Very true...I don't know how Hot Toys does things but a lot of companies often make the original sculpts "two-up" or whatever...basically double, triple, etc. sizes BIGGER than the final product is supposed to be.

With the mold-making process, eventually the final metal molds are reduced down to the size of the actual desired product.

Review nearly ready!
Yeah, like you need anyones approval to buy this!

forforum.jpg

This photo is great.:banana

Very true...I don't know how Hot Toys does things but a lot of companies often make the original sculpts "two-up" or whatever...basically double, triple, etc. sizes BIGGER than the final product is supposed to be.

With the mold-making process, eventually the final metal molds are reduced down to the size of the actual desired product.

Well as far as I know, companies that sculpt larger like you're talking about are dramatic differences, like NECA will sculpt 18" and 12" scale for their 7" figures to get more detail than can be achieved sculpting at 7" scale.

With Hot Toys and Sideshow, I think they pretty much sculpt in scale, maybe just a hair larger to accomodate shrinking, maybe Dutch was made to fit the muscle body but the shrinking wasn't factored, and when it went into production, the issues showed, or it shrank more than normal, which could also be possible I imagine.

Like I said though, if HT recognizes it and works around it on future figures with this body, should be fine.

Back