NEW HT PREDATOR, 'Dutch' full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You seem to be clinging onto the shrinking Dutch head maulfaun, was this ever confirmed anywhere?

They're great figures and must haves but its hard..hard not to express dissappointment at the same time by virtue of how looked-forward-to these two and these two in particular have been. The pinhead, the undersizing. Dutch looks like he could give as good as he gets in a hand-to-hand fight with that Predator and this was far from the case in the film. And I do prefer to display all my 1/6ths in proximity to each other as though part of a giant film franchise crossover. Thus Dutch with his relatively small head looks stupid next to a T-800 endoskeleton (which theoretically should fit inside Dutch - yet wouldn't come close).

Dutch arrived today. Great clothing and accessories. Likeness is good but head is way smaller than all my other 1:6 figures. Bit of a dissapointment.

You seem to be clinging onto the shrinking Dutch head maulfaun, was this ever confirmed anywhere?

Confirmed that it shrank in production or confirmed that it's smaller than other heads? Smaller than other heads is being stated by some in hand owners, Wookster's review should probably have some mention on that.

As far as it shrinking in production, it's just my speculation based on the evidence I have.

Agen I believe posted a scan of the instructions that came with the Dutch figure on how to use the muscle body, the head looks perfectly fit to the neck and body in all the photos of that manual. The production figure clearly is a mismatch, so the only conclusion I can reach is either the body or head changed size in the production process to cause this. Coupled with knowing that it's been commented before by Sideshow how there is some size and shape changes that can occur in production, my first guess is the head is what changed versus the body on Dutch.

Processing tomorrow through Sideshow, should mean Dutch in hand next week :rock

C'mon Toys2, ship Predator, getting them both same time would be great.

Just got my billing notice too. Should have Dutch & Billy by Friday. Then I have to modify both of them (neck & repaint) before I can enjoy them. Thanks Hot Toys.

Confirmed that it shrank in production or confirmed that it's smaller than other heads? Smaller than other heads is being stated by some in hand owners, Wookster's review should probably have some mention on that.

As far as it shrinking in production, it's just my speculation based on the evidence I have.

I'm finishing the review now, I just took a pic (I'll post it tomorrow) of some HT heads in a row. I did Dutch, Billy, HellBoy, The Octopus and the Asian TT head, they are all the same size, none are pin heads at all. Arnies head may appear smaller to some, but in relationship to the body I seriously think it looks pretty close to Arnies actual physical dimensions.
MV5BMTQyODgxMjI0Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDg3MDc2._V1._SX485_SY323_.jpg

But I have to admit I don't tend to scrutinise actors as much as I scrutinise their 1/6th counterparts!

Well I'd imagine not pinheads, but if you put HT Bruce Wayne head near some other 1/6 portraits it does seem smaller.

I'm finishing the review now, I just took a pic (I'll post it tomorrow) of some HT heads in a row. I did Dutch, Billy, HellBoy, The Octopus and the Asian TT head, they are all the same size, none are pin heads at all. Arnies head may appear smaller to some, but in relationship to the body I seriously think it looks pretty close to Arnies actual physical dimensions.
MV5BMTQyODgxMjI0Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDg3MDc2._V1._SX485_SY323_.jpg

But I have to admit I don't tend to scrutinise actors as much as I scrutinise their 1/6th counterparts!

Yeah, he looks pinheaded here:
Arnold%2014.jpg

and here too :rolleyes:
Arnold%2015.jpg

Wookster's right guys. The man was part horse (roid pun unintended). It's his physique that makes him look pinheaded, not a poor sculpt or "sculpt shrinkage." ;)

Just got the processing notice for Dutch and Billy! Now I got to get me some paint for Billy's hair!

I'm not saying the head looks shrunk on the figure, it looks fine on the figure, but if people are saying it looks smaller next to other 1/6 heads, even just a small bit, then that could possibly further my theory that the head came out smaller in production than the prototype to an extent which causes the issues of mounting it properly on the neck.

The head looks fine for the figure, I'm just curious as to how it could fit so nicely on the neck in some images from Hot Toys, and the production piece does not.

Yeah, he looks pinheaded here:
Arnold%2014.jpg

and here too :rolleyes:
Arnold%2015.jpg

Wookster's right guys. The man was part horse (roid pun unintended). It's his physique that makes him look pinheaded, not a poor sculpt or "sculpt shrinkage." ;)

Yeah but since his head is still on the small side compared to other HT 1/6ths both body and head could have stood to be a little bigger on Dutch. Which of course would have made the Predator even more out of scale than it already is. :rolleyes: I dunno, maybe Hot Toys were on a lose/lose with this one. Make Dutch an appropriate size and Predator would have to be bigger than even existing Predator figures (which we would have preferred but HT maybe not so much)

You do realize he was like 1/3 the size in Predator right?

No, but I realize 2/3 of your post is exaggerated. :lol Watch the behind the scenes stuff. There's a measurement comparison between Arnold and Ventura. ;)

Yeah but since his head is still on the small side compared to other HT 1/6ths both body and head could have stood to be a little bigger on Dutch. Which of course would have made the Predator even more out of scale than it already is. :rolleyes: I dunno, maybe Hot Toys were on a lose/lose with this one. Make Dutch an appropriate size and Predator would have to be bigger than even existing Predator figures (which we would have preferred but HT maybe not so much)

Did you read wookster's post? He compared it with several other HT figures and said it wasn't smaller.

And yeah, I still don't understand how the predator is not to scale. It's two inches taller than the 12" figures. There wasn't even that much difference between the actors even after Hall was suited up. :rolleyes:

Jesus, I just read on Wikipedia that Jean Claud Van Dam was supposed to be the predator... :monkey1 :lol

Last edited:
Jesus, I just read on Wikipedia that Jean Claud Van Dam was supposed to be the predator... :monkey1 :lol

Worse yet, the original Predator design before Stan Winston came on board was a lot like a praying mantis, terrible, no peronality, just really weird. Stan saved the movie for us all.

Nice photo btw Wookster, and nice to see that the headset looks scale on him and not rediculous, still a strange thing to make for the figure period, let alone the exclusive, but at least it looks decent and will serve it's purpose well for photos.

Back