NEW PICS- Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't we be both? :D

exactly. i collect figs from great movies. it's a shame we don't see more of these classic non-action/sci-fi/comic characters. if the don sells well hopefully we might get a bit more variety in HT's releases. there are so many great popular movies to choose from - i'd love some figs from shawshank actually. i'd even buy a forrest gump. and i'm still waiting for the less action-oriented rocky 1 release.

1TheGodfather_DonVito.jpg

That looks awesome, so life like

batman, ironman, pred, termie... those are easy to like. we are geeks after all. but this... this is the test to see if you are a movie buff, or if you are just a geek. do you just see an old fat man in plain boring clothes, or do you see brando, the actor who path the way for method acting, forever changing the game for all actors to come, in the #2 best film of all time(according to AFI's list)?

for a movie buff, it's a no brainer. especially since it's made this good.

Yep, we need more classics, but the 'buyers' have to be out there. Is there really enough interest?
I have the M-Icon Deans and Brando, the Toys McCoy Marilyn, and two of my faves are the Medicom Warhols.
I'd love to see a Jimmy Stewart, Bogart, Chaplin, Flynn, Hepburn (Enterbay seem to have hinted), Grant, Wells, Bacall, Sinatra, Picasso, Einstein, Churchill, I could go on and on and on, hell I just want more diverse stuff covered!

I just heard the Don is put back a little, should be out by the end of next week now... :banghead

Here's hoping!

Hot Toys made us a figure we couldn't refuse :lol

haha exactly

wouldn't that involve all of us waking up with our bank robber joker heads chopped off in our beds unless we preordered the don?

lmao yeah imagine :horror

Awesome, he'll be here in no time :D :banana As a side not, i'm most unimpressed with the hat. Yeah i know it's a bonus and all. But it looks cheap and tacky IMHO

Interesting. Just got an e-mail from Sideshow; Apparently, the regular version I had on order is about to be upgraded to an exclusive. I had no idea this sort of thing even happened; I've never bothered to order anything directly from Sideshow that wasn't an exclusive, but I figured I could use some of my points and save a little $$ on the regular.

Anyway, I thought that was pretty cool of them. I can't imagine ever actually displaying Vito with the hat, but it's a nice little surprise from the folks at SS. :rock

Bogart as Fred C Dobbs from The Treasure of Sierra Madre - the main influence on the look of Indiana Jones - would be awesome.

As would Unforgiven Eastwood.

Yep, we need more classics, but the 'buyers' have to be out there. Is there really enough interest?
I have the M-Icon Deans and Brando, the Toys McCoy Marilyn, and two of my faves are the Medicom Warhols.
I'd love to see a Jimmy Stewart, Bogart, Chaplin, Flynn, Hepburn (Enterbay seem to have hinted), Grant, Wells, Bacall, Sinatra, Picasso, Einstein, Churchill, I could go on and on and on, hell I just want more diverse stuff covered!

Wait, was this directed at me?

'Cause I knew all about the base and backdrop upgrade (awesome). Having my order switched from a regular to the Malibu Stacy exclusive is what surprised me. Does this kind of thing happen a lot at SS? Has anyone else ever gotten upgraded to an Exclusive after ordering the regular version of any other product?

Again, this was the first time in all of my years buying that I ever bothered going the non-exclusive route from SS, so I have no idea how this works.

Wait, was this directed at me?

'Cause I knew all about the base and backdrop upgrade (awesome). Having my order switched from a regular to the Malibu Stacy exclusive is what surprised me. Does this kind of thing happen a lot at SS? Has anyone else ever gotten upgraded to an Exclusive after ordering the regular version of any other product?

Again, this was the first time in all of my years buying that I ever bothered going the non-exclusive route from SS, so I have no idea how this works.

Yeah, it happens from time to time. My guess is a lot of people cancelled to pick the regular version up on the cheap from other retailers, and there wasn't a big waitlist.

Yeah, it happens from time to time. My guess is a lot of people cancelled to pick the regular version up on the cheap from other retailers, and there wasn't a big waitlist.

Cool. I was wondering if maybe HT decided to crank out more of those little hats than they originally planned or something like that.

I'm not sure why I should care about something like that, but I was wondering... :eek:

Anyway, good ol' Sideshow. Thanks, OM!

I can't believe in THAT quality!!!
Figure of the year. Mark my words.
kazukijun, thank you very much for posting!

Back