Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA T-1000

The Pescadero figure in box:

t-1000pescaderobox.jpg

I think this packaging shot shows why they wanted to include a headling head. The exploded head would have just looked weird packaged on the figure. "Look Mommy! A police man with a blowd up head! I wants it!" :lol

The only down side is you'd have to buy a second Galleria T-1000 to have a 'normal' head on the Pescardo figure. Dang I may have to get at least 2 of each of these guys for some variations.

Mine are all out, they look great with the weapons set up and poses arranged how you like, I've never been a fan of sticking with how the packaging people want'd to put them in.

I'm a MOC collector guy. Any figure I like and buy I usually get a second to open and display loose (Obviously not the case with Hot Toys).

With this Terminator line however, I ALWAYS open them. The packaging isn't even bad. I LOVE that iconic image from the poster with the dark tone, the blue lighting, the red eye, death on a motorcycle. I just can't resist opening them up though. I'm not a fan of the clamshells that NECA uses either. There's no saving them.

The biggest thing for me is that they aren't unique from package to package other than the info on the back. If they had character art, personalized information and other unique qualities, I'd have MOC versions to go along with my loose collection.

If I want the same effect, I'll look up at my T2 poster. I'll be opening ALL of these just like I did with the last two waves. They're just too good to keep in the packaging.

Well as some of you might predict I'll be going fairly insane with these guys. I have to now in order to justify the million T-800s I bought. I'm looking to have a corresponding T-1000 for quite a few of those Arnies.

Maulfan in your experience do these initial packaged examples of the figures have superior paintjobs to what ultimately ends up on the shelves? It sure looks like it to me.

I believe these are production figures, so that is what you should see, but of course paint differs figure to figure at this scale.

Maulfan in your experience do these initial packaged examples of the figures have superior paintjobs to what ultimately ends up on the shelves? It sure looks like it to me.

I think those ones above will be similar to the figures we'll be receiving. Those ones on ebay looked REALLY bad. Since they did come from asia I would imagine that some worker pulled a few poorly painted/mishandled ones from out of the factory and decided to sell them. They looked really awfu; whereas these new shots and the pictures from collectors that have them look terrific.

I dunno, i'm sure its just me but at this scale IF i've ever bought them i've always kept them MOC. Of course i've always opened the occasional one. I have a huge lot of Jakks Pacific "Rocky" figures ............... 98% of them MOC.

We'll see.

Hey, any of you guys want to go into FlashChat on here? We seem to have a ton of people online right now... no one ever uses that thing :(. Half the time, it's empty. The other half, it's like two people saying things with awkward silence in-between... right before the inevitable "I gotta go."

Hey, any of you guys want to go into FlashChat on here? We seem to have a ton of people online right now... no one ever uses that thing :(. Half the time, it's empty. The other half, it's like two people saying things with awkward silence in-between... right before the inevitable "I gotta go."

"You wanted me? Here I am."

I went back and looked. The Wave 1 pictures didn't look any different from what we ended up getting. I bet both T-1000 figures look just as good if not better in person.

T800PEPackaging__scaled_600.jpg

T800EndoPackaging__scaled_600.jpg

The T-1000 figures are better than I was expecting and I had very high hopes for them. Everything looks 10/10, even the paint. You got any more pics of the new T-800 pics Difab? Looks like there's no bandolier afterall.

The Battle Across Time Arnie is growing on me a lot.

Back