Official "The Dark Knight" SPOILER Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's gonna be quite a while. I'm sure Goyer has some ideas and they'll be spitballing them around next year but until a Villain (which fully defines Batman) is chosen, I doubt we'll see much movement on this...

If they're smart, they'll also mull over the pros and cons of Begins and TDK and find a way to mix the best of both into the next one.

Goyer has already written his three part trilogy of Batman, Nolan take those and creates his story in the screenplay. So Goyer's part is already done, anything from here on out would be up to the Nolan Brothers to reshape and restructure.

Good to know Chris has something to work with when he's ready to tackle this again, thanks Mike. :D

Sounds to me like there's just alot of speculation about there being a third and not so much official comments about there being a third...

Sounds to me like there's just alot of speculation about there being a third and not so much official comments about there being a third...

You are correct, there's no certainty of a third, just discussion as to whether a third Nolan Batman is necessary for the Batman character arc. Some think yes, others no.

I was just going off pjam's reply to Khev, made it sound like there is definitely going to be a third and Nolan and co. have had it planned that way from the start.

Hold on. DC/WB has signed Bale at minimum to a three picture deal involving Batman, he confirmed that in interviews. The original report was that Oldman, Freeman, Bale and Caine were all signed up that way but reports have continued that put those into question.

Bale has said he'll keep making Batman films until he is kicked out of them but has said that he would prefer to continue with Nolan. WB will exercise every option possible after TDK killer take and WB has issued statements that list that there will be a third Batman but Nolan is given the first crack at it, meaning he'd have to pass in order for it to another director. The speculation that has been occurring is of Nolan's involvement but remember he was so drained after the first he started talking about it being a one time deal. Oldman, Freeman and many other actors have been quoted as saying they know a third is coming but they all want Nolan to be at the helm. There IS certainty of a third but is no confirmation that Nolan will be involved and if he isn't then everyone expects the film to be completely different in look and feel.

I doubt once Nolan is rested and recharged that he will turn down the monster $ WB will be offering him with Bonus kickers. I also doubt that now that he has made two, he'll want someone else to finish what he started. At the worst I see him having his hands on it in some way, even if he decides not to direct it.

But, like many have said he is totally burned out and doesn't even want to think about Batman for the forseeable future...

We'll know when he knows, there will be a soft deadline to get this going again, but WB is keeping it all nice and informal for the time being.

I was just going off pjam's reply to Khev, made it sound like there is definitely going to be a third and Nolan and co. have had it planned that way from the start.

Goyer has been put on record repeatedly by saying his story was a three part film the first with Ras, 2nd with Joker and Two-Face at the third. This film was supposed to set up a third, obviously Nolan and his brother restructured, originally this fillm had many cameos like Black Mask and a few other smaller tiered characters running around. Goyer has said he pitched "replacements" for the third for his original arc and he has discussed them with Nolan but no one has commented any further. If you search through these threads you'd find the articles linked.

Hold on. DC/WB has signed Bale at minimum to a three picture deal involving Batman, he confirmed that in interviews. The original report was that Oldman, Freeman, Bale and Caine were all signed up that way but reports have continued that put those into question.

Bale has said he'll keep making Batman films until he is kicked out of them but has said that he would prefer to continue with Nolan. WB will exercise every option possible after TDK killer take and WB has issued statements that list that there will be a third Batman but Nolan is given the first crack at it, meaning he'd have to pass in order for it to another director. The speculation that has been occurring is of Nolan's involvement but remember he was so drained after the first he started talking about it being a one time deal. Oldman, Freeman and many other actors have been quoted as saying they know a third is coming but they all want Nolan to be at the helm. There IS certainty of a third but is no confirmation that Nolan will be involved and if he isn't then everyone expects the film to be completely different in look and feel.

That's great in that the actors we've come to like would continue, but it's no certaintly Nolan would helm.

My position is, Act 3 HAS to be a Nolan film to do the series justice, once the arc he's started is closed, other directors can continue the adventures of Batman, but no one is going to wrap up the story he's started as well as he will, or make it fit with part 1 and 2, it's his baby, he knows what's right for it.

Nolan will take on a third film, They'll throw all kinds of backend deals, etc that he won't ever turn them down. Past that he'll walk as he originally said after my contracted three are done then I will be too. Who knew that his contracted three had options to walk away after each film. If Batman 3 does TDK business then WB will continue but then I guarantee Nolan will not, from the get go they have been envisioning a trilogy so he'll want to finish that. But look at Raimi who said the same thing, three and then he's done....now he is willing to came back for Spidey 4 if they want him.

Well, I think Nolan's involvement post Act 3 depends on the result. I think Raimi wants back for Spidey because looking back, his Act 3 didn't wrap up his story as well as it could have and he's probably looking to make the Raimi Spider-Man package a complete body he is proud of. If Nolan feels he's created a well-made and complete package in 3 movies, I say no matter what, he'll walk, if he feels he didn't wrap up his tale, I could see him returning. He has a vision, and I see him being involved, as long as WB lets him, until his vision is fully realized.

Nolan will walk after the third installment. He has too many other things he wants to do and he'll be set for life based on residuals alone.

I doubt once Nolan is rested and recharged that he will turn down the monster $ WB will be offering him with Bonus kickers. I also doubt that now that he has made two, he'll want someone else to finish what he started. At the worst I see him having his hands on it in some way, even if he decides not to direct it.

But, like many have said he is totally burned out and doesn't even want to think about Batman for the forseeable future...

We'll know when he knows, there will be a soft deadline to get this going again, but WB is keeping it all nice and informal for the time being.

Oh, you just seemed so certain when replying to Khev, calling him a fanboy and having so many laughing smilies, it sounded like it was a sure thing that Nolan would be doing a third and had it planned that way from the start.

Oh, you just seemed so certain when replying to Khev, calling him a fanboy and having so many laughing smilies, it sounded like it was a sure thing that Nolan would be doing a third and had it planned that way from the start.

Read that post again. I was not referring to Nolan's committment to a third installment. I was referring to a "fanboy" proclaiming the Franchise and Batman's Character Arc as "Complete" when Nolan and Co clearly didn't intend it, plan it or write it to be -- which flies in the face of what he said as far as the Creators and Studio are concerned. And it isn't completed ... yet.

Did you see a Batcave or newly rebuilt Wayne Manor?

No one knows if Chris will do a 3rd Film yet as everyone has noted. We all hope he does and think he will, but there was always a vision and hope for three films, that's why WB locked in the Principal Actors to do three films.

Got it?

Last edited:
The fact is, there has been no official word on a third film. Period.

Nolan has and will continue to remain coy.

And, lastly, that was just Khev's take on the story. He sees the arc as "complete." I would agree that it could be complete, in a sense, but, if pursued, TDK obviously leaves an opening for another installment.

WB will not greenlight another film without ensuring that Nolan will either be back or not. If they greenlight before securing then they risk fanboy uprising and losing leverage as Marvel Studios learned when they greenlit Iron Man 2 before securing Faverau completely and some say that it led to the deal he got.

And let's not forget, Nolan WILL NOT come back if they don't allow him to bring Robin into his franchise...

And let's not forget, Nolan WILL NOT come back if they don't allow him to bring Robin into his franchise...

Where the hell did this come from? :lol According to every interview he has been hell bent against Robin or Batgirl.

Back