Petition for Hot Toys to finish "their" Watchmen line.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course it could be a spelling error. It depends on what his intent was as he wrote it.

Incorrect terminology (word usage). A spelling error would've been like "thur," "thier" or "thre." But this is likely irrelevant as I'm more than certain not only did the point get across despite the wrong word usage but that even with the spelling error, his English is better than anyone at HT.

Incorrect terminology (word usage). A spelling error would've been like "thur," "thier" or "thre." But this is likely irrelevant as I'm more than certain not only did the point get across despite the wrong word usage but that even with the spelling error, his English is better than anyone at HT.

Don't be ridiculous. I spelling error is just that, something which is incorrectly spelled. He may have known exactly what he meant to say. Simply typing in the wrong thing whilst quickly posting his thread title. You have no way of knowing that, nor do I. But thanks so much for your examples of misspelled variations of "their". Very useful, did that take you long to work out? I especially like "thur" thats great.
:cuckoo:

Don't be ridiculous. I spelling error is just that, something which is incorrectly spelled. He may have known exactly what he meant to say. Simply typing in the wrong thing whilst quickly posting his thread title. You have no way of knowing that, nor do I. But thanks so much for your examples of misspelled variations of "their". Very useful, did that take you long to work out? I especially like "thur" thats great.
:cuckoo:

With each post, you show that "ignorance" truly is a bottomless well. :clap:clap:clap

You shouldn't be critiquing ANYBODY on their writing skills. :nono

With each post, you show that "ignorance" truly is a bottomless well. :clap:clap:clap

You shouldn't be critiquing ANYBODY on their writing skills. :nono

That was my point, or was that too clever? I instead of A, typo or bad English. I'm sorry I thought that was pretty simple to understand. But I obviously over estimated you. Bye bye now, go play with some guns.
:pray:

That was my point, or was that too clever? I instead of A, typo or bad English. I'm sorry I thought that was pretty simple to understand. But I obviously over estimated you. Bye bye now, go play with some guns.
:pray:

Sure bunky. Not clever, just a failed attempt to cover your ass. :lol BTW, "overestimated" is one word, genius, not two.

Oh Jesus, yawn. You are becoming a parody of yourself Nam.
Jump in, be obnoxious and never even fully understand what's being discussed. Then throw in some juvenile insults before going to a different thread to do it all again. You are like a tedious child. Just go now and do us all a favour.
:wink1:
Now back to Watchmen please.

Oh Jesus, yawn. You are becoming a parody of yourself Nam.
Jump in, be obnoxious and never even fully understand what's being discussed. Then throw in some juvenile insults before going to a different thread to do it all again. You are like a tedious child. Just go now and do us all a favour.
:wink1:
Now back to Watchmen please.

So, deflection aside, what's your point? This line is dead. Has been for some time now. Someone got butthurt with the reality check and quite childishly blamed it on a terminology error claiming wrongly that it was a spelling error. You came in to defend the grammar Nazi and now all of a sudden don't like that you're finding yourself in the same shoes. Did I miss anything? Bottom line, you don't like it, don't do it to others. Common sense really. :huh:lol

I would never in a million years expect Hot Toys to produce several more figures in this line. I guess I have wondered that since Rorschach's design is so similar to the comic book version, it would have bigger appeal.

I would never in a million years expect Hot Toys to produce several more figures in this line. I guess I have wondered that since Rorschach's design is so similar to the comic book version, it would have bigger appeal.

I don't get their logic either. Releasing Comedian first, followed by Night Owl (in a rubber suit like Batman) and Rorschach would've made Lady Jupiter a MUST which could easily have been followed by Oz and Manhattan. But doing it reverse and releasing a hard sell first tanked sales. :lol

I don't get their logic either. Releasing Comedian first, followed by Night Owl (in a rubber suit like Batman) and Rorschach would've made Lady Jupiter a MUST which could easily have been followed by Oz and Manhattan. But doing it reverse and releasing a hard sell first tanked sales. :lol

The Hasbro Indy syndrome.

it's sad cause i just got comedian and he's very cool. it's sad they messed this line up. silk spectra should have been released last imo.

it's sad cause i just got comedian and he's very cool. it's sad they messed this line up. silk spectra should have been released last imo.

The likelihood of her selling, even as bad as she turned out would have gone way up if they would have made the others. Especially Night Owl.

Nightowl II and Rorschach should have started the line, they are the fan favorites. Then the completists out there would have bought them all (I would). But HT got greedy. They seemed to think they would sell more of the lesser figures first. It back fired badly. And now we have two end of line figures, one poor, one excellent.

I used to think it was a done deal, now I still have a little hope, seeing the way HT have been going back to older licenses. Maybe someday we will get a Rorschach, and if that sells lots they could finish the line. Hey, I can dream!

Well if you were going to get them all, why skip Comedian and Jupiter?

You'd just have people going they should have release Comedian first instead of Night Owl blah blah blah.

Well if you were going to get them all, why skip Comedian and Jupiter?

You'd just have people going they should have release Comedian first instead of Night Owl blah blah blah.

Why do you think I skipped Jupiter and Comedian?

I didn't skip Comedian and Jupiter. They stand alone on my Watchmen detolf shelf. Waiting for their team mates who will probably never arrive. Anyone who knows Watchmen knows NightOwl II and Rorschach are the two most beloved and iconic characters. perhaps HT didn't understand this, but I think it was a planned marketing strategy which back-fired.

Back